SAU Community

What Are You Running?

R31Nismoid

Was just saying the EVO pro is $40 more for around same size; only difference is the pro will preserve data for 60-70 years vs 17-20 for the standard EVO.

I'm free tomorrow if you wanna tackle it then?

From what I'm reading on forums, most issues with MSY surround customer service in initial sales at particular outlets, i.e. usually noobs not having a clue what they are buying and walking in looking for the Harvey Norman experience. It's just an in and out parts supplier and that's why they are cheaper than anyone else / popular with a lot of computer techs.

There have been issues with warranty dealings in the past, but the ACCC cracked down on them hard and fined them big for it a few years ago.

I can't speak from much from personal experience...it wouldn't matter anyway, cause everyone seems to have their own good or bad story and it seems to differ from store to store...but the guy I dealt with yesterday was pretty friendly, even carried some stuff out to my car for me. And that's how I like to shop...no fuss, no upselling or anything...just go in there knowing what you want and come out with it.

ive had no issues with bootup and have tried 50+ games :P

main issues are SLI/Crossfire as there is alot of games that dont support it.. like the new need for speed for instance

You say that but ive never had a problem with sli?? not once :)

Unr33l: those are some impressive scores for single card, nearly as much as my gtx 680 sli!???

PC built! Fk it's quick to assemble them these days. Everything so modular and easy. Windows installation / boot up on SSD is a joke too. Thanks to Leigh for helping me with it!

PC built! Fk it's quick to assemble them these days. Everything so modular and easy. Windows installation / boot up on SSD is a joke too. Thanks to Leigh for helping me with it!

No worries brah! half of it was already build don't forget!

Now to wore up the peripherals and get dat 3dmark score.

Yeah run 3dmark 11 it's what most people use, my guess is around 11,000 ish given your GPU not quite as good as what I had in it :P CPU / physics will be practically the same just the graphics score will change a bit.

dat gigabyte windforce, good looking card - still love my reference card 'geforce gtx' glow though :D

Edited by UNR33L

You say that but ive never had a problem with sli?? not once :)

Unr33l: those are some impressive scores for single card, nearly as much as my gtx 680 sli!???

no problems, just a lot of games dont utilise both cards. When I was running SLI downloaded some tool that optomises it (and had some effect on games that didnt use it)

well.. tried to run 3dmark last night but couldent :(.. cpu was overheating, so this arvo got some beers and set too.. cleaned everything, the rad was blocked BAD lol. and applied new thermal paste to the cpu die and the ihs, has been 5 months since i de-lidded it..

EDIT: just made some more points

post-42929-0-58219000-1386404417_thumb.jpg

Edited by BrynDETT

nice score mate! those asus cards are very nice heard many good things - what was your cpu at in that run? and what cooler you usinig? h110 or something it looks like? post up a link to the 3dmark result so we can browse through the info :) keen to see what I could get my 780ti in graphics score but don't want to go too hard :P I'm just running a modest overclock right now

Edited by UNR33L

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7621438

not very much info on that page... cheers mate, cpu is at 4.8ghz at 1.42v.. the cooler is a thermaltake water 2.0 extreme pretty much exactly the same as the h110.. the software even looks the same..

be mean to it hahaha

now you just need to upgrade those 680s to 780s :P