SAU Community

What Are You Running?

R31Nismoid

maybe my card doesnt runn dx11...? should be latest version, its through steam. might be drivers.

what card is it? most newish ones should.. maybe try downloading it not from steam as well try going through the 3dmark site and getting it from there might be different.

So I conducted this test lastnight, and the results were very surprising. With ultra 2560x1440, without using software to track an average, I hovered ~45-60fps and nothing dipped below 35-40fps in the heavier action (granted, I wasn't on big servers with huge maps). This is surprising, because most BF4 tests I'd seen of the GTX770 show a 40fps average on these settings, dipping down into high 20s at times, which is borderline unplayable. Granted, that is probably based in a stock reference card, so maybe my Gigabyte's overclocking and the extra 2gb vram (4gb) are a huge help with the higher resolution. Either way, it's comforting to know the game is very playable at this resolution and quality of graphics! Bumped it down to high settings at 2560 x 1440 and without anti-aliasing; saw ~65-75fps average. Very satisfied with the build now!

Yeah that 4GB ram should help out a bit @ our high res and obviously the overclock would help a bit too, 770 definitely a top end card good to see it performing well. I'll play some BF4 with ya over the weekend

Add me. I'll play with yas . Bryndett

Cool I'll add ya

Tweaking my daily overclock a bit, upped the cache clock another 100mhz core so 4200 cache 4500 core will test stability out over next couple of weeks and continue to go up a bit more! The H90 seems to be doing a decent job at keeping things ~70c on bf4 slightly above on synthetic tests which is fine.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7657471

Almost 15k for a single card might I'll get there soon and surely :yes:

Graphics still at +150/+200 (boosting max seems to be about 1180 average 1150mhz)

Edited by UNR33L

ok so got around to running a few benchmarks on the pc that i built in July. Here are the results with crossifre 7970 and 16gb ram (removed 16gb for results) All test done on 3dmark 11 Pro

out of the box as built in June with old drivers

QeLhO60.jpg

driver update to 13.10 (non beta)

LWrSOiA.jpg

increase on multiplyer (CPU only)

vO3Xs3u.jpg

here are the images of the one click genie from MSI. I have not touched any BIOS/RAM/GPU settings yet and would expect this to go way into the 21***+ mark with those and the other 16gb put back in (to bring it back upto 32gb ram)

x38 (3800mhz)

syEimNz.jpg

x42 (4200mhz)

2L83d4d.jpg

to be honest i actually think my scores a little low to what they should be. I also noticed that my CPU is running 3.8Ghz out of the box instead of 3.5Ghz.

Edited by Frosty

standard boost clock on a 3770k is 3.9ghz.. sweet score though.. turn it up a little more :)

lol offcourse....wasnt even thinking of the boost clocking....it could go a lot more with RAM/GPU and some more CPU cranking but no point at this stage and i really should look at cooling

CPU - box fan currently

GPU - Tripple fan cooling each

Case - 3 x 12 and 1 x 14cm

edit: forgot to note that these tests were done on a 42" toshiba LCD

Edited by Frosty

lol offcourse....wasnt even thinking of the boost clocking....it could go a lot more with RAM/GPU and some more CPU cranking but no point at this stage and i really should look at cooling

CPU - box fan currently

GPU - Tripple fan cooling each

Case - 3 x 12 and 1 x 14cm

edit: forgot to note that these tests were done on a 42" toshiba LCD

wont really matter what screen you run the tests on as it runs on a standard low res that all screens will handle :) (To keep results the same / fair)

I wont comment on the 3770k as I don't know enough about the ivy bridge :)

Edited by UNR33L

Ivy has been awesome to me so far.. I've run 1.4+v from the day it turned on over 7 months ago.. All the ppl on the forums don't run anywhere nere this voltage on water.. Still loves it.. Much like my engine :) haha

wont really matter what screen you run the tests on as it runs on a standard low res that all screens will handle :) (To keep results the same / fair)

I wont comment on the 3770k as I don't know enough about the ivy bridge :)

offcourse was just for benchmark details :D

ivy bridge is all kinds of awesome altho not much difference between the 2

I don't know enough about any of these dinosaur processors

/cannonlake

I'm still on the old i7 2600k (what ever code name that one was) & I haven't even bothered to overclock it at all... :S

Upgraded the video card once way back (from 260GTX to 570GTX) & found haven't found the need to upgrade anything.

Raised GPU core another 10mhz P14960, almost at 15k single card not far off will give this a test for a bit

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7662530

So with the same settings, but now on custom watercooling I gained a few extra points points due to temps being down, I'll be overclocking more soon!

P15156

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7718899

Gaming rig

Case: Thermaltake Xaser Super tower with LCS

Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45-UD3L

CPU & CPU Cooler:Intel Q9400 2.66GHz

RAM: 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR2

Monitor: 2x Samsung 24" Dual linked

Graphics Card: Leadtek GTX 470 with Artic cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus cooler

HDD(s): 1x Samsung 1.5TB 1x Western Digital Green 1TB

OS Used: Visa Home premuim

Peripherals: Logitech G25,

Razer lycosa keyboard

Razer diamondback mouse

Razer eXactmat

LG DVD burner set to region 2 ( Japan region)

samsung DVD burner set to region 4 ( Australia)

Thermaltake toughpower 850W PSU

logitech 5.1 surround sound

eation 5110 UPS

Server

Case: Thermaltake M9D Mid-tower

Motherboard: Gigabye EP45T-UD3LR

CPU & CPU Cooler: intel celeron E3300 2.5GHz

RAM:2GB DDR3 RAM

Monitor: one of the 24" LCD's of my gaming rig

Graphics Card:Asus EN8400GS 512MB

HDD(s): 4 WD 2 TB Drives 5x WD 2TB Drives

OS Used: XP hom

Eaton Ellipse ASR M66780AL 1000VA 600W UPS

spose i better update this, added another 2TB drive. making 10 TB total in the server, and 2.5TB total in the gaming rig

Current gaming system is being retired, she's lasted me 5 years ( and the GPU 4 years). so time for a bit of a new system. so it will be turned into a second file storage server

Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 900D Super Tower Case

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP

CPU & CPU Cooler: Intel Core i7 4770 Quad Core LGA 1150 3.4GHz / Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme Liquid CPU Cooler

RAM: Kingston HyperX BEAST 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz

Monitor: current 3x 24" setup.

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB Overclock

HDD(s): Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" SATA III SSD (OS) / Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD (dedicated games) / 2x 2 TB Seagate SV35

OS Used: Win 7 pro, with an upgrade to win 8.1 in the early part of next year

the 900D is a monster of a case, standard ATX board looks like a mini ITX

20131227_115744_zpsd41df133.jpg

20131228_183100_zpsbaf8f1cc.jpg