Aerocool strike x 1100w

2 x gigabyte r9 270x

corsair hydro h100 is on the way stock fan for the moment

2 x seagate barracuda 2 TB hdd

1 x 250 gb samsung evo ssd

thermaltake armour revo case

first build aaaaand im sketching

HOLY SHIT...

I need that case to house my ever increasing demand for more hard drives... (already used up all the bays on my current Antec 1200).

theres that much extra room in the case, i might aswell put another ATX board in too. there is mounts for about 20 fans. thankfully cooling wont be a problem in this case ( not like the Xaser. not enough intake), i grabbed this case for about $460, i can give you a link to it if you prefer. really worth the money spent.

did i mention the 9 HDD bays with expansion up to 12?

as of yesterday.

AMD fx 8350

Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2

Aerocool strike x 1100w

2 x gigabyte r9 270x

corsair hydro h100 is on the way stock fan for the moment

2 x seagate barracuda 2 TB hdd

1 x 250 gb samsung evo ssd

thermaltake armour revo case

first build aaaaand im sketching

not a bad system at all, if you doing alot of writing/reading from the hard drives, think about installing the WD reds or the seagate SV35's. because you know aswell as i do, that 4TB isnt going to last long.

the builds get easier the more you do them. this last build was my 4th build. piece of cake now.

hey leigh, how are you finding the GPU temps with that cooling system? watercooling this 780 is next on my list of thing to do.

Edited by liger

theres that much extra room in the case, i might aswell put another ATX board in too. there is mounts for about 20 fans. thankfully cooling wont be a problem in this case ( not like the Xaser. not enough intake), i grabbed this case for about $460, i can give you a link to it if you prefer. really worth the money spent.

not a bad system at all, if you doing alot of writing/reading from the hard drives, think about installing the WD reds or the seagate SV35's. because you know aswell as i do, that 4TB isnt going to last long.

the builds get easier the more you do them. this last build was my 4th build. piece of cake now.

hey leigh, how are you finding the GPU temps with that cooling system? watercooling this 780 is next on my list of thing to do.

780ti temps are about half what they used to be, sit around 40c under max load in game :) (that's with a huge overclock boosting to about 1270mhz core!) still much more in it too.

on air would be in the low 80s even at small overclocks, and throttle the GPU boost 2.0 obviously due to that - on water dat dere max boost!

be warned though custom water cooling aint cheap, it is however a great little summer project to do and allows for massive overclocks and performance boosts! not to mention you can use most of the components in your next builds.

Also if anyone wants me 1 month old Corsair H90 hit me up I gotta sell it :)

Edited by UNR33L

could of told me about the H90 2 weeks ago :closedeyes:

since I want to play BF4 now.. I had to make a bit of a sacrifice on the CPU and cooling. but in saying that the 3.0 Extreme all in one is on par with my current setup with lower fan speeds ( 3.0 extreme 38*c @1000rpm Vs bigwater 780 39*c @1650rpm).

but i'll be cooling the GPU in a separate loop from the CPU. to keep it as cool as possible. I've had bad luck with GPU cards in the past with temps ;)

I run 6TB of external drives, from computer to computer. so im not super worried about storage as yet

could of told me about the H90 2 weeks ago :closedeyes:

since I want to play BF4 now.. I had to make a bit of a sacrifice on the CPU and cooling. but in saying that the 3.0 Extreme all in one is on par with my current setup with lower fan speeds ( 3.0 extreme 38*c @1000rpm Vs bigwater 780 39*c @1650rpm).

but i'll be cooling the GPU in a separate loop from the CPU. to keep it as cool as possible. I've had bad luck with GPU cards in the past with temps ;)

You can always buy it for your GPU and use this with it: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=26117&cPath=7 :P

GPUs actually put out a lot less heat than CPU, my CPU is about 30c hotter under load (same loop) I was tempted to use my H90 with that bracket on my card actually.

Edited by UNR33L

I run 6TB of external drives, from computer to computer. so im not super worried about storage as yet

ah fair enough then. but you will worry about it soon. even with 10TB i'm always finding that i'm running out of room...

You can always buy it for your GPU and use this with it: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=26117&cPath=7 :P

GPUs actually put out a lot less heat than CPU, my CPU is about 30c hotter under load (same loop) I was tempted to use my H90 with that bracket on my card actually.

oh hell no, if that doesnt look cheap and nasty i dont know what does :laugh: . most probably i'll be going with a koolance waterblock with a 420 rad in the side intake. if that doesnt keep it cool then it can just blow up................. or i'll add another rad

Edited by liger

i've killed 2 x GTX260's. current cooler on this GTX470 solved the problem.. temps on the 260's were well over 110*c.. it was crazy.

needless to say i'm a little parranoid bwahahha

wow 110c.. thats farked

the new GTX's are pretty much hard wired to note go over 85, even if you increase 'temp limit' to like 95 it will still just hit around 85 and throttle your gpu boost clock from there, unlike ATI which throttle theirs backwards :P

Looks like I need a better cooling solution for as I'm reaching the max operating temps on the 8350 @ 4.5ghz with the Corsair H55.

Just changed the stock fan today as a precaution to a jetflo 95cfm and also change the thermal paste to Noctua which has dropped the temps quite a few degrees over the standard corsair products.

refreshing the thermal paste is never a bad idea. but .what is the H55 rad size? 120mm rad? freaking tiny!

my build is finished and all up and running now. i have a spare SSD from my pld system ( samsung 830) so not sure what i'm going to do with that yet.
20140101_180127_zps6ffc8e02.jpg

mid tower? fair enough. I know what having a system is like in a older mid tower. before the xaser everything used to be in a thermaltake M9D (now the server). cable management and airflow in that case was fun to say the least.

how old is your system? ( just curious)

Yeah mid tower. System has been upgraded since built, was a AMD 955 with a 7870, now is as follows:

CPU: AMD 8350 @ 4.5ghz, Corsair H55 cooler
MB: ASUS M5A99X Evo R2
RAM: Patriot Viper 8gb (4gb x 2, 1600mhz)
GPU: MSI 280X Twin Frozr
PSU: Antec Gamer 750
Case: Antec 300
Monitor: ASUS 27"

Will suffice until next upgrade/build.

Managed to track down a 2nd monitor with 16:10 ratio to do dual screen with my exisiting samsung B2240, after some quick google research it seems like I need to upgrade my graphics card to do triple screen. <sigh>

Small (22") 16:10 monitors are getting hard to find now with everything being 16:9 focused, looks like I might buy another one & just keep it until I can upgrade my card (probably to 770GTX).

& people on ebay want ~$300 for a 2 gen old GTX 570? Really?!

Edited by Mayuri Krab

ah I don't think you can go tri-screen with a 570 my 470 didn't support tri-screen unless it was in SLI... I believe its a minimum of a 660 to go tri-screen ( or a 600 series card I think).

oh and dual screens are SO handy, playing games on one screen with TS/AIDA64 all monitoring equipment on the other screen. since Having tri-screens I wouldn't go back to Dual link DVI. so much more room!

you can get a Galaxy GTX760 for $300 from PC case gear ( its on their front page) if your interested

Edited by liger