SAU Community

What Are You Running?

R31Nismoid

If that was directed at me you can fit a 360 rad up top or 280, 280 rad up front and 240 rad down bottom if you remove the hdd cages, plenty of space for water cooling infact it's designed for it!

And I'm running the H90 (single 140mm radiator)

Edited by UNR33L

nah man the 900d is way too massive, like its HUGE. the 750d is the one to go trust me it's a mint case so much 140mm fan support! check out some video reviews

it's my first corsair case, definitely has that 'classy' look about it I likey.

Edited by UNR33L

This will decimate all, after, you put about fifteen hundred in it or more...if we have to...overnight parts from MSY...

6Rw75EQs_original.jpg

Always feels like Christmas when you buy a heap of mods for your car/computer!

• Like 1

nice,.....is that a 4gig ddr5 Graphics card?.. :woot:

i bought one of those corsair PSUs a while back, expensive bugger and I figured it was bulletproof with its 5 yr warranty...farken thing died within a year, Not happy, took it back to store for refund/replacement..

oh yeah we dont have them in stock and anyway we have to send it back for warranty blah blah...aint nobody got time for that, i need a psu and i need it now...so settled for some cheaper no-name unit as replacement and cause it had detachable cables to free up room in my box... its been going for couple of years now without drama...go figure that shit out hey...

Sucks about your psu, but almost every quality manufacturer of computer bits has defects here and there too. I don't mind as long as they stand by their warranty. Have heard mostly good things about the Corsair brand, though. It's modular too, so I can remove all the unwanted cables which is important in an MITX case.

Yep it's Gigabyte's over clocked GTX770...1137mhz base and 1189mhz boost for the geeks. More exxy than the standard affair, but I didn't wanna cheap out on a card and I don't feel the 780 is worth another $200 - it's still a new top end card with top end price. With a 770 you're only ~8fps shy of a 780 in a game like BF4. Will see how it goes pushing the 2560x1440 resolution...if it lags I'll get another 770 for 8gb SLI and be laughing for a few years.

Sucks about your psu, but almost every quality manufacturer of computer bits has defects here and there too. I don't mind as long as they stand by their warranty.

lol warranty & MSY... have fun with that.

My PSU is a thermal take and its pretty bawse.

also on a hunt for a GFX card since finding a GTX465 to SLI is a bit of a waste of time. jelly of the shitloads of gfx memory though...

leroy what do you want to spend? there are plenty of options available. I usually go for geforce card but after doing the benchmarks and what not when i built mine a few months ago the ATI cards where light years ahead so opted for the 7970 x 2 (7990 had just came out) can be over clocked if required

that being said the GTX 680s are awesome aswell tho seem to be still exy for what they are.

ill stick with nVidia because EVGA is badassssss and the ATI cards occaionally have issues with games on launch.

yeah 680's are pricey... might look into the 770's though since theyre newer. Will do research once my car is done and can upgrade my comp + failed SSD.

Sucks about your psu, but almost every quality manufacturer of computer bits has defects here and there too. I don't mind as long as they stand by their warranty. Have heard mostly good things about the Corsair brand, though. It's modular too, so I can remove all the unwanted cables which is important in an MITX case.

Yep it's Gigabyte's over clocked GTX770...1137mhz base and 1189mhz boost for the geeks. More exxy than the standard affair, but I didn't wanna cheap out on a card and I don't feel the 780 is worth another $200 - it's still a new top end card with top end price. With a 770 you're only ~8fps shy of a 780 in a game like BF4. Will see how it goes pushing the 2560x1440 resolution...if it lags I'll get another 770 for 8gb SLI and be laughing for a few years.

"modular" thats the word i was looking for :laugh:

yeah to be fair it could very well be the cabinet it was in, not much ventilation and my receiver was right next to it...I have since cut the back of my cabinet out to flow more air and swapped my amp and PC around so the psu is not right next to it...receivers do tend to get rather hot..but I was never pushing the limits of the PC, its only a HTPC no gaming...so still think it was bit weak but who knows...might of been a power surge or something...

I've had my corsair HX850 for years cost me near $300 back then but a sick PSU.

• BrynDETT - Birds bought some components off me, CPU is a i5 3570 I got some good results with 3mark 11 & my 780ti - his rig gonna be a beast as well.

Heres a 3dmark 11 result with my old M-itx rig that is now Birds - http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7498787

For argument sake here's my new rig with my graphics card overclocked a bit more and CPU at 4.4ghz in this one: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7558925

Edited by UNR33L

wat cpu u running that with?? 3dmark time :)!!!

i5 3570...see above for 3dmark haha. Although that might be a bit quicker than mine, given 780ti, which is a beast card (and around $800+). I will need to do some OCing to get anywhere near that. Will post results once I have it all assembled.

ill stick with nVidia because EVGA is badassssss and the ATI cards occaionally have issues with games on launch.

yeah 680's are pricey... might look into the 770's though since theyre newer. Will do research once my car is done and can upgrade my comp + failed SSD.

ive had no issues with bootup and have tried 50+ games :P

main issues are SLI/Crossfire as there is alot of games that dont support it.. like the new need for speed for instance

lol warranty & MSY... have fun with that.

My PSU is a thermal take and its pretty bawse.

also on a hunt for a GFX card since finding a GTX465 to SLI is a bit of a waste of time. jelly of the shitloads of gfx memory though...

Meh I'll just go straight to manufacturer if they give me shit. But my local MSY are pretty friendly guys.

Good rule of thumb I read on toms-hardware the other day, was to buy the best single card you can afford / justify, then in 6-12 months SLI it with another when prices for that card have come down even more. For me this was 770, because it's a few months old now, so still a great performer, but with superseded pricing cause of the 780/Titan/690.

MSY and warranty are bad, hate dealing with them have done it once for a motherboard. I only ever go there if PCCG/scorptec don't have what I want in stock like for my new build was the ram only hehe..

Contemplating getting rid of my vertex 3 ssd and getting 2 samsung evo pros & running them in raid 0 - thoughts? worth it? would hammer! but in terms of real world performance probably better off keeping my money lol

Edited by UNR33L

Meh there's always VCAT, which is just down the road from MSY lol. They are even cheaper than PCCG; I saved about $100 in my build by going with MSY. Hopefully the risk pays off!

Do you really need to preserve your data for more than 17 years? Just get the standard EVO.