SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

PFC for the WIN :D

or if you really wanna get a high tech ecu get a microtech :( lol jokes.

deano we could run the 285s but just have to raise our cars just a tad..... like 70 mm atleast.

im soooo keen for e85, come on gossy caltex hurry up and finish the tank works :D

lol 70mm :D

sorry about the silly question, but to the guys running over 400rwkw, if you have a twin setup do most keep it internal or external gated turbos ? any issues with boost creeping ?

internal, there are no boost control issues with decent turbos :D

lol at microlebs, seriously them and V400 wolf 3ds are a downgrade from the stock ecu, less injector drivers and less features

My ECU is able to drive two sets of injectors via primary and secondary banks, two fuel pumps + lifter - it is set up to run primary bank+one pump on cruise and light throttle/loads, with the second bank and pump trigged when boost/load increases; can idle fine despite using MASSIVE cams, and gives me great fuel economy and drivability to boot (as long as I'm not WOT'ing it everywhere :D).

Data logging, switchable maps, shift light, two-step, warning lights, boost cut, soft and harsh rev cuts, etc etc.

I'd take it any day over a PFC or stock ecu...

My ECU is able to drive two sets of injectors via primary and secondary banks,

Yeah, 4 injector drivers lol, means all 3 injectors are firing at once, lacks sequential injection like the stock ecu and any other decent ecu, no matter what you do, all things being equal you won't get as good fuel economy nor will it be as easy to tune.

for the price and trouble of going to an aftermarket ecu, there are plenty of better ones.

Edited by Rolls

lol at microlebs, seriously them and V400 wolf 3ds are a downgrade from the stock ecu, less injector drivers and less features
Yeah, 4 injector drivers lol, means all 3 injectors are firing at once, lacks sequential injection like the stock ecu and any other decent ecu, no matter what you do, all things being equal you won't get as good fuel economy nor will it be as easy to tune.

for the price and trouble of going to an aftermarket ecu, there are plenty of better ones.

This just made me think of the VIPEC v44...it has 4 ign outputs and from what I can gather off their website, 4 injector drivers...

Four low current injector outputs. Optional Peak and Hold drivers available.

Spare injector and ignition outputs can be used for output control.

Though the line in bold confuses me...who the hell runs less than 4 cylinders?

Does this mean that the v44 is wasting fuel too?

I thought it was only the older models (of wolf and vipec) that only had 4 injector drivers, all new models run 6 or 8 injector and ignition drivers.

The fuel wastage isn't that bad, but it all adds up, it also makes it harder to tune the car to idle smoothly. Lack of ignition drivers isn't really an issue, injector ones can be though.

With 4 injector drivers you can run it in batch mode using only 2 of them, 2 driving 3 cylinders each, or 3 driving 2 cylinders each and set it up semi sequential.

Edited by Rolls

This just made me think of the VIPEC v44...it has 4 ign outputs and from what I can gather off their website, 4 injector drivers...

Though the line in bold confuses me...who the hell runs less than 4 cylinders?

Does this mean that the v44 is wasting fuel too?

the plugin skyline version has 4 ignition drivers and 8 injector drivers.