SAU Community

Airbag Light On

iamhe77

• 1 month later...

Finally got time to get up to see Chris and he confirmed my yellow plugs dangling under the seats have nothing to plug into. The anti-submarine rams are completely missing from both front seats.

"Well, there's your problem" :blush:

So my airbag fault is different from most. I reckon there wouldn't be too many others out there that started investigating a flashing airbag warning light and found out the components had been NICKED.

EDIT: deleted name, address (physical & email), phone number & identikit photo of culprit. For legal reasons. :(

• 1 month later...

I know this is reviving an old thread...but.... I had the airbag light on. Did the key reset and it came back after a couple of days. Took it to the workshop (C-Red in Perth :thumbsup: ) and Mark chucked it on his scanner. No code came up and he reset it properly and it's been good ever since. Mark said there is a known glitch with the V/G/M 35 airbag system- something to do with a passenger side seatbelt switch.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys,

My airbag light was flashing and I found the solution on the net and it worked first go on my M35.

Turn the ignition to the "on" position. Watch the airbag light closely(it will be on solid) the split second it goes off(beggining to flash) turn the ignition off, count to 5. Turn back to "on" position and do the same another 2 times.

Next time you turn it to "on" position it will blink really slowly(diagnosing) Then switch off. Next time you turn it on it will be solid and then turn off completely.

hi fellas,

same thing happened to my m35 last night,just tried the above method. It worked..So far so good.Will report back a little later to see if the fix is long term .

Thanks so much for all the advice/ help we pick up on this site.

graham

• 1 month later...

Try this Stephen... worked for my mates car (although the light just came on again).

Turn the key to the on position and watch the airbag light. It should stay solid for 5-7 secs, and then turn off, and then start to flash.

To reset the light, you must turn the key to on, watch the airbag light stay solid for 5-7 secs and as soon as the airbag light turns off, turn the key to the off position (you have to turn the key to off before the airbag light starts to flash, or you must start over). You need to repeat this 5 times. Try to start the car, and hopefully the light will be reset

Thanks for this I was racking my brain trying to clear the same problem.

The golden question is - will the airbags still work!

and the more pressing question in fine print : is my insurance still valid after I bypassed a safety device. (think about it.)

and the more pressing question in fine print : is my insurance still valid after I bypassed a safety device. (think about it.)

Im not sure if the insurance question is more pressing than the safety one Chris :P

ok after looking into the seats, i dont think the non-electric seats have the rams in them.

i think the plug is just a switch to see if someone is sitting in the seat so the airbag computer knows to deploy any bags in the event of an accident.

i dont want to rip apart my nice RS seats, but it disappears into the bottom cushion

Of course, the base model has no seat bags or electrics and I haven't seen a ram under mine either although there are plenty of wires. I agree with Duncan, getting the system out of fault so the bags deploy in an accident is much more important to me than how the insurance company will weasel out of their contract.

Of course, the base model has no seat bags or electrics and I haven't seen a ram under mine either although there are plenty of wires. I agree with Duncan, getting the system out of fault so the bags deploy in an accident is much more important to me than how the insurance company will weasel out of their contract.

RS leather optioned seats do not have air bags either... unless the safety option was also ticked by the original purchaser.

RS leather optioned seats do not have air bags either... unless the safety option was also ticked by the original purchaser.

I wish the previous owner of mine (RS with leather) wasn't so safety conscious, then I wouldn't have to go thru all this crap pinch.gif

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Not sure if this would help - but I had the same annoying problem with my Stagea - got it reset a couple of times and then tried resetting it myself (after reading this forum) with occasional success.

Even called Chris regarding costs for new seats.

Anyhow - took it to Victoria Park Auto Care in Perth and he said something about he cut the yellow plug out from under the seat and bypassed it so it was hardwired (?), said its a common circuit problem with a number of car such as Falcons and BMWs.

It cost us $200 to repair and light had not come back on!