SAU Community

Lost For Words, Very Unsure

loymclure

there used to be a white vz ute that lived in my area with an RB26 in it, and let me tell you it was not slow anymore it munched everything, though respect was lost for the shell :P

Edited by HI2U

it would handle like crap, and not just because of the live axle. Why would you want all that extra weight hanging past the front axle line? Sif replace a V6 with an inline 6....

On a crusie on Saturday night just gone, there was a guy in an RB26DETT powered Patrol that was pretty awesome. Chucked four rooster tails in the dirt about 20 feet high :(

Oh, and there is a RB25DET powered HQ Kingswood here in Perth that is pretty sweet

*rummages*

MV09045.jpg

Actually, an RB into Commodores is quite a common fitment because (from what I've read and heard) it's pretty much just changing the engine crossmember.

Dale, I'd rather a smooth inline 6 than that shitty excuse for an engine the Commodore V6 was, even with the changed weight distribuition...

Not that I'd do it - screw even owning a Commodore in the first place! :)

god knows why ppl do this. someone must like it though cos its sold. sure it would be ok in a vl. but the lack of low rpm torque from the 2.5 would drive me nuts. actually thats the only thing i hate about my stagea. twin turbo 3.8L @ 14psi FTW!!! the engine bay pic is my commo. let the flaming begin!! :banana::);)

post-41608-1233656112_thumb.jpg

there was a RB25 powered VS ute around perth a while ago.. the owner now has a VQ30 powered 32 4 door.

apparently it was just a matter of swapping the front cross member over to a VL one, and a few other minor changes, and it was in.

ps.. that purple/polished engine bay looks awesome brad

apparently it was just a matter of swapping the front cross member over to a VL one, and a few other minor changes, and it was in.

Geeez ive heard that line before, believe me!