SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey r30 fans....i think ive said before, but ive bought a r30hatch....Anyway all i want is engine, gbox, tshaft, loom computer, p-windows and possibly front seats......all other parts are up for grabs...as one piece preferably, but will seperate if need be..... but oce i get what i want from it, i will only keep it for a week or so, then i will chop it up and dump it....so pm me if any of you are interested in the remaining parts/shell......will be cheap as, if not free....depends what ur after......if i remember correctly, all badges are intact also.....

Derrrrrrrrr! aren't I a DuMass, I get the drift, you guys querying me putting RS badges on a HR PNV.

I bought the new badges from Jenesis before I had the PNV, the DOHC RS were going on the MR30 Hatch. I also have a set of U12 Pintara Ti Nissan badges, that I was going to put on the guards, they're black with a GOLD wreath and Nissan on the bottom.

At the end of the day, what's in a badge, the car is still a PNV.

You're the one putting a Tekamon nose on a PNV :P

I was half tempted to put Triumph badges on it... I can see a lot of similarities between the DR and what I think the next evolution of the TR series would have been like

Independant rear

Good brakes for the time

Innovative fuel injection

No steering feel

Reasonably unbreakable engine

One of the fastest cars in its class

But some nice Datsun badges will do, and a Pintara badge for the bootlid just to confuse people lol

You're the one putting a Tekamon nose on a PNV :P

Adam,

Other than you being one of the few on this thread that doesn't like the Iron Mask front, what's so dammed bad about putting it on a PNV.

It already has an non std RB engine, non std SAAS Enforcer front seats, non std 16 inch wheels, non std front & rear brakes, non std instrument cluster, non std transmission, non std suspension, non std diff & non std drive shaft.

How else it it so abhorrible that it has an iron mask front.

In the most part it's all nissan and from the R30 family.

Your remark about triumph badges and the like is insane to say the least. Why not go Renault badging, at least you will be staying with company product.

L24E ECU's play a very important part in our ecological status these days.  

They make VERY GOOD LANDFIL!!!!!

Jap Hot Plate tail lights are RARE, try SSS Automotive or Just Jap, or Option 1 etc, try all the importers, PARTS IMPORTERS that is.

All I suggest, I keeping my spare set, or hang on, what you got now?

You got Genuine 84/5 Aussie Tail Lights?????

Let me know if you have.

Yeah, i got a set of 84 Aussie tailights, they are on my car, i also have a single one, right hand side (I think) from a wreck. I gotta get some jap spec lights

As a matter of interest!

Plenty has been said about my intention of changing the front on my PNV, absolutely nothing has been said about the performance enhancements.

What's with the bullsh!t on changing the front?????

so hows life rsx84 , i think i know you . anyhow

i own a paul newman gt es with a l20et , all stock

exept boost , this thing not only lives off neglect

but thrives of it

how ya going roy.. haven't seen you around town for ages, everyone this is the bloke with the 4door PNV, hopefully you still have it? good to see you finally got around to having a look at this site, did you read it all or skip to the good bits? my car is still a work in progress but is this close to completion...

As a matter of interest!

Plenty has been said about my intention of changing the front on my PNV, absolutely nothing has been said about the performance enhancements.

What's with the bullsh!t on changing the front?????

I guess it's cause it's a rare PNV? But,as you say,it's already been tamperd with,so to my way of thinking ,it doesn't really matter.Speaking of performance enhancements,was yours the RB25DET one? Sorry,this thread is too long to go searching back through!

Sure PNV's are rare, but only in Japan are they of value, here they're just another R30.

To some, like those on this forum thread, may think otherwise, but at the end of the day it is only rare and valuable if & when it is SOLD. As I don't intend to sell it ever, there is no rarity value and it will always be a PNV as it is marked that way and sold that way, just a modified version.

If it was to stay stockish, a L20et rebuild to L28 would be necessary for some performance and to rebuild to L28 spec, it's same price for RB and RB is modern technology.