SAU Community

Kevin Rudd's Stimulus Package

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mines going towards my ski trip :/

But for you, injectors, EBC, nice turbo manifold

Injectors would be a total waste of money at this point considering the mods he has. Same can be said for a new manifold imo.

I have one of the $22 boost controllers that were the talk of the town on here a while ago. It does a pretty decent job of keeping boost. But I sometimes find the acceleration is not that smooth, so perhaps a tune would be in order?

You don't have anything to tune...

I'd throw a few hundred $ extra, get a pfc and a tune. 200rwkw.

the liability to pay tax on your earnings rests with you mate as you have to declare it in your income tax return. If you choose to work for cash (lucky you if you can I am spewing about the ludicrous amount of tax I will pay this year) then you already have an advantaged over not giving 30, 40, 45% to the taxman, so you cannot be too aggrieved about not getting a hand out.

On the other hand, I am f**king pissed, I have paid over $60k in tax this year so far and I aint getting shit, who the f**k paid for all these handouts in the first place....... its bullshit

the answer to your question, "who paid for these handouts..", is... you, and other tax payers !!. it took ten years to build up the 'kitty' [$50 bn]; it's taken a Rudd-erless labour govt only one and a bit years to spend it all. it's bullshot with a capital 'B'. Australia is now broke, along with the rest of the world.

Yes its a retarded effort by the government.

I say get something as simple as an SAFC2. If your only making 160rwkw atm then a stand alone is a little over the top, I put an SAFC2 on my old RB20 with 25 turbo, 3" system, front mount and 11psi and it made 245rwhp through the auto. Picked up 35 hp just from the SAFC tune and the car was incredible to drive, so smoothe etc.

That way you can spend the left over money on what ev

Yes, if he had the money.

But with only the money from the Government, I assume a full ECU is out of the question, and with the limited mods its not necessary yet. a $300 SAFC is going to be a far better option in the short term, will give you probably just as good results with the mods he currently has, and still lots of money left over for a tune with the SAFC, and probably installation costs if he cant wire it himself.

K Rudd gave careful consideration to the current market price of a full ecu tune when deciding on the stimulus package payment amount, true story.

Rumours flying around Parliament House suggest that he actually prefers Power FC's and is an RB30 sackrider.

Just realised you actually have a turbo back exhaust! LOL :wave:

To stay inside $900, Decat or Highflow Cat, Fuel Pump save the rest towards an ECU and tune. Probably wont be long and you will need a new clutch too :P

Edited by Az_StrYdeR

I'll be trying to get my hands on a Z32 ecu, and have it retuned to run the RB25. Cheaper than power fc and a lot more reliable

You; SAFC & SITC, service and tune. If any left buy a beer.

Me; Plane ticket return to Fiji hopefully. If not, my RX2 13bt needs the GT42R fitted to it and a tune! If all else fails, I will be buying plenty of Scotch and Dry!!

Yes its a retarded effort by the government.

I say get something as simple as an SAFC2. If your only making 160rwkw atm then a stand alone is a little over the top, I put an SAFC2 on my old RB20 with 25 turbo, 3" system, front mount and 11psi and it made 245rwhp through the auto. Picked up 35 hp just from the SAFC tune and the car was incredible to drive, so smoothe etc.

That way you can spend the left over money on what ev

safc's work well on 20s because they dont go R+R as badly as 25s do. i had the same thing on my old 20 and made the same power. i was going to get a safc for my 25 but later discovered it wouldnt do too much. stock 25 ecus are simply too retarded, literally

and its good to see kevin07 sticking with labour tradition and wasting all the money from budget surplus's under liberal. good stuff kev, keep up the good work :blink:

Edited by JonnoHR31

IMHO: A combination of the following. If any money left over have a power run and see what a/f ratios/power etc are. From there on you could decide on ecu/injectors/clutch etc.

1) Splitfire coils

2) Decat or hi flow cat

3) Gizzmo MS-IBC boost controller

4) Oil cooler