SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Hoping mine doesn't get same issues with the .63 rear, however should be easier to hold 20psi externally gated yeah?

My cooler is 510x250x70 , tube and fin, which is worrying me a bit, however can't go any wider due to auto spoiler motors for the flip down lip on the 31. Could go to a 510x300x100 probably max.

^The only thing I'd be worried about is heat soak, not boost control.

Hoping mine doesn't get same issues with the .63 rear, however should be easier to hold 20psi externally gated yeah?

My cooler is 510x250x70 , tube and fin, which is worrying me a bit, however can't go any wider due to auto spoiler motors for the flip down lip on the 31. Could go to a 510x300x100 probably max.

what power are rou aiming for? 510x300x100 is a fair sized cooler. See how your current cooler goes first though as its far from tiny tiny. Depends what your goals are and uses for the car. Sorry if you mentioned this on the previous page.

Aiming for 290-300rwkw on 98 with the ATR43SS2 op6 version, which tao has explained has a larger rear wheel to suit the .63 rear housing. Yeah i don't think it will be an issue and its piped very direct, not a return flow or anything, just all these stories in this thread are making me worried about it haha. i hope it doesnt drop alot of pressure across core.

• Like 1

hey stao, looking for a turbo eqivilient to a t28bb/ but no bigger than a gt2860rs for a sr20. would i be right thinking it would be a ss1pu .64 and looking back through results do you have any for a fairly standard non cammed non vct s13 with standard mods 3" intake exhaust z32 550cc etc?

The ATR28SS15 would be a perfect turbo for your application. I didn't look into some thing even smaller as it doesn't make that much of a difference in response but did loses quite a lot of power.

I've handed drawings of two more sets wheels to be engineered for the GTR. for main time, I've picked up a members R34. Its got 170,000KMs on the clock, average condition, with heaps of ice and minor engine mods done by a 20 year enthusiastic. probably due to the mileage, this engine feels pretty rough compare to my other two skylines. This might be affecting performance on the dyno.

carfront.jpg

Condition of this car probably represents the majority of R34s on roads today. I will be installing commonly seen mods including a Blitz return flows cooler kit. the goal would be around the 330rwkws mark on Pump fuel, internally gated bolton. Will upload dates as project moves along.

• Like 8

Some results sent in. This is a ATR45 SAT version on an Rb25det Neo motored Stagea, Dyno dynamic roller dyno shoot out mod. Final result of 400awkws (red) on a 36 degrees day, against a turbocharger that was previously installed.

Unopoened engine, factory cams and cam gears. Usual mods and E85 fuel.

atr45sat.jpg

Good example of an externally gated setup out of factory exhaust manifold.

externalgate.jpg

make no differences. the one with .60 housing is easier to install, black housings with 4 inche inlets are .70. Preload your actuator by a further 5mms, go for a drive and keep an eye on the boost gauge to see if that have made any changes.

• Like 1

Quick question, I've still got the ATR43SS2 in the car and it's been going great. I've noticed that it sounds louder on boost after a recent track day, is this any cause for concern? It still boosts up to 20psi like before.