SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Hey Stao,

Finally got around to fitting a 21U highflow i bought off you half a year ago as the gt2871rs finally died from track abuse lol.

Couldn't be happier with performance. Similar (and i think slightly better) response than a gt2871rs but much stronger mid and top end when on hi boost.

Final figures were 21psi for 305rwkw track friendly tune, wastegate pressure gave 270rwkw which was around 18-19psi.

Tuner mentioned he was very surprised by the turbo and impressed with the smoothness/power delivery.

I'd offer dyno printout but we tuned it on crap road tires and high boost just ended up wheelspinning on the dyno haha, causing a really jagged powerline.

Will also mention power comes on much more progressive than my old turbo, so much so that even at high boost, my car grips 2nd with no fuss and this is all on a circuit setup so camber, toe, stiffer springs/dampers etc.

Thank you :)

This makes me really keen to install my 21u highflow I just got :)

Thanks for the feedbacks guys.

I should have enough time in finishing off the GTR before the car gets sold. With the XR6, I'm looking particularly into manual FG turbos and good ones are quite pricey. I've done few big custom built turbos for BAs and even with 1.26 rear running a 120mm compressor they spooled up like high flows on R33s. Most people are more concert about bending con-rods and snapping drive trans instead.

I will be into making GT45 equivalent CHRAs and see how they work inside stock FG housings.

so you going to try fit a 79mm ish inducer and 80mm turbine into the t3 1.06 housing and .70 t04s comp cover(or factory .60?)

i really have no idea, but i would have thought the money /market share would be in GTX3582 to 64-67mm inducer to4z sized bolt on stuff? Thats high 9 sec stuff already in a big falcon

if you did that, you would also cater to the Rb30 sohc and 3.0l skyline crowd with just a exhaust housing change and kill 2birds with one stone

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

Testing and evaluated our latest turbocharger for the GTR33. This is a Special Application Turbocharger engineered to be externally gated working with Rb25det an Rb26det engines.

This is the most responsive single turbocharger that ever made 411rwkws on Trent's dyno out of a standard Rb26dett engine.

Peek 411rwkws @ 26psi E85 fuel

411rwkwpower.jpg

411rwkwsboost.jpg

We took a few runs to setup the EBC and this is power and boost graphs from 20psi to 25psi.

20to25psipower.jpg

20to25psiboost.jpg

Vs an other RB26dett with similar mods using a GT3582 in .82 rear:

vsgt3582rpowermarked.jpg

3582vsboostmarked.jpg

This used to be the former most responsive single for a RB26det. This car is running HKS270 Dur cams, with Active VCT inlet cam. It is using an Garrett GTX3582R.

ATR45 SAT managed to beat it in both peek power and responds using factory cams and cam gear. However even I've had more boost down low, the VCT head always had the advantage of drawing more air. Dark blue and Red are running similar boost levels.

3582xvspowermarked.jpg

3582xvsboostmarked.jpg

Against my TD06SL2-20.5G in 10cm Turbine:

Light blue: ATR45 SAT, Dark Blue: TD06SL2-20.5 in 10cm Turbine.

vstd06l2205power.jpg

vstd06l2205boost.jpg

In theory, fitting this turbocharger on a Rb25det, it should produce the identical responds as a TD06SL2-20G in 10cm turbine, while maxing out over 400rwkws.

I'm pretty happy with its overall outcome. I will be doing further evaluations with few more wheels that I've made, hopping to reach better power and responds.

• Like 1

Not trying to knock your result Stao but i noticed you only ran the 35R up to 25psi?

A 35R will keep making power past 25psi no worries. So not an entirely true statement about making more power than the 35R ;)

Stao are you able to highflow GT2860-5 turbos to GTX2867 or equivalent? I bought a parts car that was making 360rwkw on 98RON with the 2860's but i'm hoping to go a bit further than that.

Edited by Super Drager

Not trying to knock your result Stao but i noticed you only ran the 35R up to 25psi?

A 35R will keep making power past 25psi no worries. So not an entirely true statement about making more power than the 35R ;)

I've posted results on different boost levels, so its not necessarily of making more power but much better response and drive ability. When I trailed GT35 with my forged RB25det it stopped making power at 431rwkws at 29psi, This particular turbo will be making the same amount of power except I don't think this engine will take that boost. Goal is responsive 400awkws, this is the best one so far and I'm trailing an updated prototype next week hopping to hit 20psi and 200awkws by 4000rpm.

Yes I can high flow GTR turbos with -5 equivalent using our ATR28G1 CHRA or SS15 which probably works out similar to a GTX2867. They are very laggy on RB26 engine tho. For the amount of money I recommending of getting a proper high mount setup and use the new SAT version of ATR45SS.

I've posted results on different boost levels, so its not necessarily of making more power but much better response and drive ability. When I trailed GT35 with my forged RB25det it stopped making power at 431rwkws at 29psi, This particular turbo will be making the same amount of power except I don't think this engine will take that boost. Goal is responsive 400awkws, this is the best one so far and I'm trailing an updated prototype next week hopping to hit 20psi and 200awkws by 4000rpm.

Yes I can high flow GTR turbos with -5 equivalent using our ATR28G1 CHRA or SS15 which probably works out similar to a GTX2867. They are very laggy on RB26 engine tho. For the amount of money I recommending of getting a proper high mount setup and use the new SAT version of ATR45SS.

No i meant putting a GTX2867 core into GT2860-5 housings, on a VG30DETT engine though.

Just had a quick look and yes the turbine end looks to be the same, do you think these kinugawa GTX comp wheels would be any good?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Billet-Turbo-Compressor-Wheel-Garrett-GTX2867R-49-7-67-4-Trim-55-11-0-/271774042157?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3f46fec82d

If its possible to machine the housings, fit and balance the comp wheel then i'd be happy.

Picked up this bad boy today after reading all 530 pages of this thread

10523565_856078507785625_194948415913983

Going onto an RB25det NEO in my R31 Ti

- Sard 650cc injectors (pretty rubbish)

- 2.5" cooler piping from turbo to t/b, 510x250x65 intercooler tube and fin (may be a restriction)

- 3" dump pipe, highflow 4" bodied metal cat, 3" exhaust with 2 straight through mufflers

- Aeromotive 340 stealth pump

- Nistune ER34 board

- Hypergear ATR43SS2 with op6 rear end to suit

- IWG welded up

- Turbosmart 40mm comp gate welded onto housing

- Screamer slash cut at passanger foot well

- 3" metal intake

- Z32 AFM

- Stock R31 airbox with highflow 'drift' filter and rear of lid chopped out (loses ALOT of power with unmodified lid, tbh most likely going to fabricate a custom airbox with panel filter.)

Hoping for 300 on P98 but will be more than satisfied with 280ish. Going to trial nistunes feature pack flex fuel most likely as well and bang some ID1000s or similar in for when i want more power. However on a R31 live rear axle with a poo rebuilt LSD that works when it feels like. will be a bit death lol.

Photo of the bay with the current GCG highflow that is going into my mates 31

10295196_10152932108354924_1802155133729

Edited by AUSBen31T