SAU Community

R34 Window Rattles

Silver_GT

The window rattles are starting to annoy me now when the window is half down or whatever, has anybody actually taken the time to fix this? I know its a somewhat common problem, and its not a big issue as my windows are rarely "half down" but i like things to be perfect :woot: anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

best way to find out would be to take the door trim off ... takes about 5 mins all up. Having said that, mine makes a weird rattle when it's about to be completely shut and I couldn't locate the issue

You can adjust those things that reduce the window movement

But its weird, when my window is almost all the way up, it doesnt move that much

Halfway down it does move alot, guess its the shape of the window itself

So if you adjusted it to be tight half way down, it might not even close when you try and wind it up

My 33 rattles when they are fully up.

You can adjust the tension on the little fabric feet things. But be aware that if you do tighten them up too much it puts a bit of strain on the bottom half of the mechanism.

In mine, the little plastic roller balls in the track split. And guess what? You cant replace them. You have to buy a new regulator. Just be careful.

And also if you have tints, think about that. The feed rub against the glass all the time. If you get on the right angle with un tinted glass you can see two perfectly clean lines from where it rubs. I would imagine it wouldnt be too nice on tints if its too tight?

But keeping it to the thread, is there any other ways of adjusting them to stop rattles?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 years later...