SAU Community

Wheels For Street Spec

i think the whole wheel knurling thing is a crock. i run aftermarket wheels/tyres without this, as do many people much faster than i, never had an issue (at the track). And certainly will not be an issue for the street. Same as the whole nitrogen thing, i think it's a waste of time.

Edited by LSX-438

haha, agree

some poor tools in the states actually bought home nitrogen cylinders or travel to dealers to fill up so they can putter around town with 100% nitro in the tyres! better performance through the round abouts.

Your're probably right about the wheels, it would be esy to check, just mark the tyre and rim, give it a hard time and see if the mark moves. I was more just letting people know that the rims have the knurling and what it's there for.

Your're probably right about the wheels, it would be esy to check, just mark the tyre and rim, give it a hard time and see if the mark moves. I was more just letting people know that the rims have the knurling and what it's there for.

Certainly appreciate the advice. will be interested if the removal refitting process affects the tyre at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Paul here from JAXQuickfit, looked unreal today mate, had all the staff and customers talking about it all day.. I think the boss will be putting his C63 on the Market soon :D

yeah thanks Paul, Jason and co. from Jaxquickfit at Bowen hills for the fitment. they look much better in person than my crappy photos convey. tell Jason to ditch that shitty C63 pronto. I'll offer him a taste of my car if it helps! (that is assuming you guys didnt take it to 250kph down abbotsford rd as you jested :P ) The quality of the HRE wheels is awesome. will get back to you re: the track wheel/tyre setup.

Thanks to Leeson from AMG australia for the processing order, all went to plan with construction and delivery from the states all going to plan.

Also thanks to Adam for the Tuners group for all his help too. how are you going with that exhaust development Adam?!

Absolutely perfect mate, havent seen a better wheel choice on a 35.

Final wheel/tyre sizes and offsets?

thanks.

Front Wheels

Size: 20x9.5 (2.5” lip)

PCD: 5/114.3

Offset: +29mm

Rear Wheels

Size: 20x11.0 (4.5” lip)

PCD: 5/114.3

Offset: +15mm

standard OEM bridgstones back on for now

and for those who notice it looks like it needs to be droped a little, no can do, my driveway would rip that damn 2.5k front lip off in a second!

Edited by handbrake

nah mate we only got it to 220 :) .... Jason did a track day in the c63 today.. did a 63 around Lakeside .. only thing quicker was a JDM R35 that did a 58...... Sorry for being off topic. talk soon !