SAU Community

How Much Does It Cost To Put In A Rb25det Into A Nonturbo

SL33K

hey guys. i have been tryin to sell my car and i am failing to get teh right price for it.

the only reason i am selling it is coz i want a Turbo R33.

I am deciding on just puttin in a Turbo motor RB25DET if i fail to sell it soon.

I like the way my R33 GTS and it looks nice and it has not had n e problems. the paint work looks awsome and i dont mind keeping it.

Just want Turbo.

Now Questions Time. lol

1. what is better? buying another R33 GTST or putting a turbo motor in the current one (R33 Non Turbo). (since if i buy a new r33 i wont know whats up wit it)

2. Will a new motor come with warranty?

3. My Budget is around 2.5k to 3.5k (Maybe more not sure yet). is it enough for labour plus motor?

4. If not, how much does it cost?

i had alot of questions just cant remember lol.

Thanx Guyz.

turbo R33's are cheap as these days so id say itd be better to buy an already turbo one

having said that it really depends on who you know and what you can do yourself

some places have warranty on their motors but others wont, 3.5k would get you an engine installed and running id say

A cheaper option is just to turbo your atmo engine, if your not look for huge power then that might be your best bet, have a search plenty of people have done it and are happy with it, i think there may even be a thread in the tutorial section.

As worp siad, turbo your exisitng motor if not in search of big Hp im guessing a n/a engine would be capable of a nice 200kw, check the n/a thread for more details. at leaset this way you get more for your doller :blink: but you wont have the brakes of the turbo line so look into upgrading yours :) and a few other components.

cheers

n/a r33's come with 4 stud hubs and smaller brakes - you'll need to convert that too if you're going to do some harder acceleration. and you still wont get jack for the car if you try to sell it.

think about this... you wont get what you want for your car - but r33 gtst's are going for alot cheaper than you think. the loss you make on your car will make up for the amount you pay for your next. they're going for peanuts these days.

n/a r33's come with 4 stud hubs and smaller brakes - you'll need to convert that too if you're going to do some harder acceleration. and you still wont get jack for the car if you try to sell it.

I believe the front brakes on a non turbo are the same size as the rears on a turbo so you can see the braking difference.

think about this... you wont get what you want for your car - but r33 gtst's are going for alot cheaper than you think. the loss you make on your car will make up for the amount you pay for your next. they're going for peanuts these days.

I was thinking of selling mine, has all usual bolt ons including hi flow and power fc, i wouldnt expect to get much over 10k for it, an atmo, you not getting near that.

I have decided to put some more money into it and take it to next level, might be worth thinking of doing this your self, gtst brakes are not overly expensive and if you turbo your NA it would be a nice upgrade for very little outlay, also you will have the bonus of having better low end (off boost) power due to the higher compression, once you get use to the power it will just be a matter of buying a turbo block and dropping that in since you already have changed the bolt ons.

Edited by W0rp3D

but whats he going to spend compared to an original turbo?

say he gets $4000 for his (there are P platers who would buy a n/a skyline for that much), i know for a fact there are clean r33 gtst's going for around 7k standard.

dont forget you need the bigger injectors, ECU, exhaust, turbo, manifold, intercooler, fuel pump, brakes, wheels/tyres to fit new 5-stud hubs. looks like more then $5000 worth of parts just to make it go like a stock turbo r33. double that if you want to buy the good stuff like bigger turbo, fmic, 3" turboback, big injectors, aftermarket ecu, fuel pump, manifold bla bla bla... and you'll need to lower compression in the motor somehow to take any more than 5psi.

oh.. and the valve springs in the n/a head are alot softer - you'll need to upgrade those too.

but whats he going to spend compared to an original turbo?

say he gets $4000 for his (there are P platers who would buy a n/a skyline for that much), i know for a fact there are clean r33 gtst's going for around 7k standard.

dont forget you need the bigger injectors, ECU, exhaust, turbo, manifold, intercooler, fuel pump, brakes, wheels/tyres to fit new 5-stud hubs. looks like more then $5000 worth of parts just to make it go like a stock turbo r33. double that if you want to buy the good stuff like bigger turbo, fmic, 3" turboback, big injectors, aftermarket ecu, fuel pump, manifold bla bla bla... and you'll need to lower compression in the motor somehow to take any more than 5psi.

oh.. and the valve springs in the n/a head are alot softer - you'll need to upgrade those too.

Shut up karnt no need for logic here, take it over to NS where they REALLY REALLY need some.

Dont listen to him, he talks too much truth and should be banned for using common sense to come to a rational conclusion.

Would also recommend selling your existing skyline and getting a turbo one.

But contrary to Security's opinion that you will get 4k for yours, i think NA skylines are holding their value far better than turbo models, due to p platers being unable to get turbos. Have seen a few NA's for sale for 8-9k. So if you are lucky, you may even break close to even if you sell yours and buy yourself a gtst.

but either way, you will save yourself a fair whack of money if you just buy an already turbo'd skyline.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/19...on-t250939.html

just an example of a NA skyline for sale

I realise it's probably a fair bit better than the average one for sale, but the asking price was 14k

I think he was very lucky, i also dont think he would have sold for any where near 14k, especially since it had been for sale for 4.5months and he only had one person look at it.

Would be much easier to sell your non turbo to all those p platers that cant drive turbos (my friend sold his for 13k) and buy a cheap turbo one (i got mine for 10 k with all ya basic mods).