SAU Community

Feeling Used And Abused

iseekool

I don't agree with that. No-one has a god-given right to drive your car if you don't want them to.

Agreed.

The only ones who drives my car besides me are my parents & I trust them both since they are more granny drivers compared to me, the only thing I need to tell them about is to let the engine continue to run for about 1/2 min b4 switching it off (don't have a turbo timer), to let the turbo cool down a bit (which probably isn't even need, since with their granny driving style, turbo never hits boost :P ).

Other than those 2, I don't let anyone else drive.

Edited by Mayuri Krab

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe i am just diffent the way i think. When i was on my L plates i was lucky to know alot of older guys with nice cars. Frist Skyline i ever drove was a R33 GTR and that was on my L's. They gave me a chance drive a car that i loved so i like to pass it on. If your in the car with them what can they do wrong, Just tell them to stop easy as that.

Edited by Rav

Do a quick pants check mate, got some? good, are the filled in the correct manner for a man?

Your car and you politely sit there?

That fella has absolutely no respect for you and it's easy to see why.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T, demand it! command it!.

Would you stand by and watch some clown down trou and piss in the middle of your lounge or feel your g/f up in front of you?

Atleast go and have a chat to this fella in the light of day and express to him how large a f*ka you think he is re: lack of respect to you.

(While pissing on his lounge room carpet.)

Mark, thats really bad luck mate. Such a clean 34.. and to be handled in that manner *shakes head*.

People like that dont deserve to touch cars like ours, because they dont respect it.

If he even dares to ask you again tell him to get F*** !

Whoever said "harden the fck up" .. mate, if someone done that to your car im pretty sure you'd be fuming as well. To have your pride and joy abused like that.. its not on.

Id ask to drive his car next time and just pound the f**k thru it, If he gets agro pull over and go 'you thrashed the f**k thru my car, now i want to see what its like when i thrash yours' dump the clutch past red line if its a Manual or Neutral Drop to 1st if its an auto and just bag them the f**k up.

easy for these people to sit here and say "mess his shit up" .. it's alot more complicated then that...

you gonna tell the magistrate when you're facing assult charges that you decked the shit out of him because you didn't like the way he drove your car.

good luck, not worth it. simple lesson learnt.. don't trust people you don't know well enough.

Don't trust people you know either, i let my sister drive my gtr other day cos i was pissed and stranded, she got in it and started riding the craaaap out of the clutch, was not cool, at all.. clutch is cushioned, but not that cushioned.. and then she complained about how slow and heavy it was while cruising around @ 1500 revs and trying to take off in 2nd gear. She figured it out eventually, but yeh, not cool.

Sounds like a typical Commodore or Falcon Hoon driver. I wouldn't let anyone drive my car without seeing how they drive in other vehicales first!

Lesson learnt move on and don't let him drive it again.

I only let my dad and brother drive my car. The ONLY mates that i let drive my car are the ones that dont ask because they are too scared to so i know they will careful. Hasnt failed me yet.

I only let my dad and brother drive my car. The ONLY mates that i let drive my car are the ones that dont ask because they are too scared to so i know they will careful. Hasnt failed me yet.

You let me drive your car :yucky: ...While it was parked in the garage and the keys were in your hand.

I was like "And in goes the clutch, he's putting it into first, easing onto the accelerator.. vrooooooooom psh.. clutch back in, he takes hold of the shifter and BAM into second" etc. :P

What exactly do you expect?

If somebody asks to take ur car "for a spin", they're not exactly gonna granny it. You shoulda seen this coming... mate or no mate

yeah but there is a difference between thrashing it and being a f*ckwit as opposed to getting up it and enjoying it...

+ 1, this is exactly my policy

he was rough with the indicator stalk???? take the skirt off princess. you've got a turbo skyline, what the f*ck were you expecting when he said he wanted to drive the car? you think he wanted to drive it to get a feel for the interior trim? maybe wanted to know how cold the aircon was?

what happened here, you either shouldnt have let him have the car if you odnt like mates thrashing it (perfectly acceptable) or been more serious in your approach to get him to pull his head in.

for whats its worth, i thrash all my mates car, doing skids, on the limiter, gettings sideways etc (in safe/legal environments) and they except it. my mates thrash my cars too.

honestly, i'd be like 'wtf' if you told me to drive it under 2500rpm with no boost or any of the fun stuff.... its like, 'whats the point??'

Yep, all about respect for the owner.

My best mate went overseas recently for a month and asked me to look after his hot hatch for him so long as I drove it at least once a week. Anyone ever driven a Renault Clio Sport? Looks like a hairdresser's car, but pulls harder than a 14yr old boy. Great chassis too! I had a huge driveway, so I did but looked after the car. Gave it a squirt here and there, comforted in the knowledge that even if I did, the car prob thought it was on vacation compared to how he drove it.

To be honest, I'd never leave my car with him unsupervised, coz he drives his own cars like he stole them. haha

Edited by Mean_R34

me too. my mates won't even ask purely out of respect, and i'm glad i have mates like that. It goes both ways, if my mate picks up a nice car as much as i want to drive it I refrain from asking, only when offered. I don't give two tosses if someone thinks i'm a tight ass for not letting them drive my car. I'm sure they wouldn't take any responsibility if they break something or get in an accident...who's the tight ass now?

I think you should have stood your ground abit harder though.

YOU LET ME DRIVE YOUR CAR!! I wasnt scared! :( hahaa. Although i did drive it fairly carefully, considering it was a "1/4 mile sorta careful drive" with ian checking for popo lmao....is funny when i look back at it haha.

That being said my mum never touches my car she has driven it once and its a non turbo! and she still shat herself. My dad drives my car but im even tight with him in how he changes since he brakes harder than me and changes gears like its going out of fashion.

Most of my mates have high powered cars...(over 250RwKw) and so when they wanna drive my car i know its not cause they wanna have some "fun" or test it out, it will either be cause their cars are getting fixed and they want to borrow mine or we our out one night and they take my car for a laugh instead of theirs.

They drive fairly hard but in respects to how i drive it (when i try to) they are like my dad, fairly easy going.

That and the fact that friend or not they all know if you fk it up you pay for it, doesn't matter if your my closest mate!

I even told my gf once when i taught her how to drive a little that if she fked it up i would make her pay! ;) Not in cash! I still made her pay even though she drove it absolutlely fine... :(

haha this thread made me laugh

i don't care who drives my car..and dont have any issues..maybe the more anal you are about it the more you cop it lol..

or..maybe i have 'mates' who know how to respect other peoples shit