SAU Community

Sau Official Oran Park Gp Track Day 2009 - Friday June 12

Abo Bob

if you guys still want the mighty sr20 to come out and play after the wakefield day, then put me and the fridge on the list :)

Amen to that!!! i want to pester you and your car for ideas / setup :) So please come to OP GP!! :P

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen to that!!! i want to pester you and your car for ideas / setup :) So please come to OP GP!! :D

we will be there

managed to crack the unbreakable tomei manifold at the sau wakie day. i now have a japlish tomei report to fill

in for them. we already welded it an did another 1:07.6 at the nscc day on the w/e

can't wait to throw the fridge around op gp ;)

The SLot Car will be there, how could I not. Lots of Nissans, crazy fool drivers, awesome track and soon to close. This will be the second time at Oran that week for me and the Mad Max mobile, and make 15 track days in last twelve months.

dnissi and others keep an eye on your mirrors.

The SLot Car will be there, how could I not. Lots of Nissans, crazy fool drivers, awesome track and soon to close. This will be the second time at Oran that week for me and the Mad Max mobile, and make 15 track days in last twelve months.

dnissi and others keep an eye on your mirrors.

it will be 4 track days in 8 weeks for the fridge!

love that footage. the first time i blinked and didnt know what the fuss was about :)

yeah, but don't take it as gospel

i'm still wondering how to wash off 90km/h through the dog leg :D

Ha ha ha, yeah, I was looking at that too going "Hmm... Are you meant to bounce off obstacles and use the sand trap to get around this course quickly?"

Is that picture saying take turn one at 190km/h? :)

Duncan and I were looking over some data the other night (and a few beers) My GTR turn one entry is 196Km/h on average. From memory the average speed over 10 and 11 was 150Km/h odd and then back to 90 something for 12.It would probably go another 10-15k's faster over the flip flop but for some reason I get off the throttle coming into 10 and then dont get right back into it over the crest. Need bigger balls to hit it harder I think.

Its comparitvly slow through 2-5 and blistering from 5 onwards.

If I can work out how ill post up some of the AIM data logs I have to show corner speed/throttle positions/braking margins etc.

Its pretty interesting stuff too look over.

Im lead to believe my GTR will be there on this day but I wont be driving it.

I found a quick was to wash off all that speed, use the walls. Been there done that at oran park. Its not fun but pretty effective at taking the speed out from under you.

On that though seriously, I came off at 128km/h (yes data logging is accurate) at turn 9. I did'nt spin or lock up I went into the kitty litter sideways and managed to only just brush the tire wall. Enough to do damage but that kitty litter is Very deep and very effective at slowing a car down. Had I entered 15K's slower ( a normal cars entry speed) I would not have got the wall at all.

Edited by Risking