SAU Community

In Car Circuit Videos

djr81

Oran park

R32 GTR

Me driving on street tyres

Got a best of 1:27 lol

Cannon ixus 75 camera mouted on seat lol, now have a proper mount, not as noisy.

Car: Caterham R400

Circuit: Spa Francorchamps in Belgium :)

The POV1 do take good footage...but top little cars and a great track!

that camera is great quality!... I'm so jealous, I almost bought an Elfin instead of the GTR and after watching your video I think I should have... looks like heaps of fun that track, thanks for posting

You BASTARD! I hate you, my word I'm fawking jealous!

I'll have to upload some of mine. You make it look to easy. I have a lot more efforts of trying to destroy the poor little car - although who ever thought not putting ABS into a car is an idiot IMO. lol

That looks like a blast. Where was my invite? I busted my hump at crumy Winton and your out at Spa. So who got the fastest time?

Car R32 GTSt BIGRED

Driver: Me

Track: Winton

Camera: Sony HDR7?

Time: 1.33.260

I'll have to upload some of mine. You make it look to easy. I have a lot more efforts of trying to destroy the poor little car - although who ever thought not putting ABS into a car is an idiot IMO. lol

I have never had a serious go in a car with ABS so i actually found the Golf at the Ring pretty shit with the way it pushed back against your foot and resulted in inconsistant pedal feel. So wasnt a fan of how ABS felt, no ABS is the way to go, 100% :devil:

The car did try to kill Snowie, me and it had an understanding coming from the 10 or so laps i did in the wet, where i was whispering in its ear to not kill me :D

I am hoping to go back in September when they have the new R300 Racecars, so if you are interested....i will keep in touch. Have to see what work calender has me doing, may have to be a UK track in October

Your Winton laps are going to take some beating...i dont even know how many pieces my car is in....after the Caterham i think i want to drive proper race cars, not shitty street cars with a turbo setup. It was just so responsive to what you wanted it to do as opposed to my car which takes so mcu crystal ball reading mid corner and man handling...your car seems to be improving on the consistancy front

Haha - I'm currently uploading both of our inertia clips in the one video at home. My upload speeds are horrid though - 13hrs for the one 6min vid :)

I have a few more to load over the next few..... months. Will have to bring them into work and upload them instead.

With better audio it sounds as though you may have held a bit of throttle with the brake????? Either way, it got us a new set of tyres, though watching the vids the new fronts were not as good as the original set in the morning :(

Yeah it's possible. But I still just think it just decided not to stop because we weren't friends like you guys were. (I think the car is a 4WD/ABS hater deep down!) You can see I don't even think about down-shifting to 4th as I knew as soon as I put my foot on the brake we weren't stopping.

Although you know how many issues I had with the shoe situation. You can really hear how I have to roll off the trottle way earlier than you so that I can lift my left foot out of the way so I can use the brake pedal. And also how under brakes and trying to down-shift I had to have my left foot higher than my right foot (because there wasn't room to fit both feet) so I either don't depress the clutch enough and can't grab gears - or else I press the brake too hard (to get enough clutch distance) and lock the front tyres.

It was a good challenge though!!! (I should have just got some shoes too like you did).

I do have some much better sessions where I can drive ok - as well a bunch more bad stuff (we definitely didn't bond! I mean the car even tried to Massa me at one point!) so I'll slowly upload some more over the next few days (and this time select the right aspect ratio!)

Yeh, well i am glad i bought the shoes. The second i sat in the car i knew that sneakers were a no-go from when i tried to pilot a Formula Ford, in the car park i thought i would be ok only for it to turn into a mad panic attack when i could not hit the right pedal.

Sittng here in London it looks like the Consulate are going to royaly screw me which means i have alreay checked with Jonny and the R400 is available for Zandvoort next Tuesday. So if my visa is getting knocked back then at least i will have my passport back. This Near Life Experience may still have some legs :(

Jesus, you're a game man uploading that mate! lol

Hey, are they snowflakes on your helmut Snowflake?

Says the man who drove though a fence (twice)! :( The good news is I have a collection of more commical moments uploading now.

And yes they are snowflakes my good man!