djr81

Circuit: Sandown Raceway VIC

Car: R32 GTSt

Driver: Me Adam Newton

Lap time: 1.19.66

Camera: Sony 1080i HDR-HC7, IO Port Racing Camer Mount

Link:

Man, that is some acceleration.

Not really for this thread but - Abit of update, very disappointed this weekend.

Getting the car ready for Round 5 of the NSW SS Championships, stripped the engine for a freshen up, put new head gaskets in (some supposedly really good sodium filled head gaskets). Got it tune'd on the Dyno, made good power.

Some time later, started it up to load it on the trailer and the engine shat itself.

Looks like the new head gasket gave way and now I have soup in the sump.

There goes any further chance to defend the class championship - not sure if I have sufficient funds to fix the engine in time for next round.

Looking back, its been a wild ride:

Racing in Year 1 - First time ever driving a car on the track - 2nd place Class 3A

Class 3B Champions in Year 2

Hopefully, I get more chances in future to continue to drive competitively, now, I'm just feeling tired...

Edited by e240

Circuit: Barbagallo Raceway

Car: Mazda RX7 FD Series 6

Tyres; Bridgestone RE55, 225/50/16

Driver:Ashly Barnett

Time: 1.01.10 (my best qualifying lap of 2008)

Camera: POV1

Interesting race, started rear of field in reverse grid race. Ended in a crash, but the camera stopped 1 corner before the crash. Lookout for the missed gear on the first lap, this how to damage a PPG Dog Box.

To watch the race from the other 3 cars including the crash go to this link.

Ash

I'm getting the Go Pro Motorsport Wide next week, so should have some video from Wakefield on 28th July. Speaking of which, if anyone is going make sure you come say hi.

i picked one up on friday and had a play on saturday with it at Wakefield. It wasn't too happy mounted on the rear parcel shelf due mainly to the light difference from inside to outside so i'll be mounting it to the dash for future events. I did a couple of sessions with it stuck to the drivers rear 1/4 window and they came up ok.

bit of a slow session here 1:10s-1:11s at best with the camera on the 1/4.

bit cranky i didn't get my last session with the 1:09 as i had to copy everything off the sd card and it took too long to get it off between sessions. 15min of vid is about 500meg and the max it can use is a 2 gig card. Might have to invest in a second card for future.

Does this count?

Circuit: Old Kaimai Road (NZ)

Car: R32 Skyline GTS ITB

Driver: Me

Navigator: (ballast) Geoff

Lap time: 2:06.25.

Camera: GoPro Motorsports HERO

Very nice ;)

last session from Lakeside yesterday in my ~200rwkw Sil80. PB lap of 59.87 is the first lap on the video. Still needs some more suspension sorting, so it should get a bit quicker yet.

last session from Lakeside yesterday in my ~200rwkw Sil80. PB lap of 59.87 is the first lap on the video. Still needs some more suspension sorting, so it should get a bit quicker yet.

Geez shes a bit loose in the rear end....10 points for holding on to it :D

That was great driving, i can see why lakeside requires alot of skill to go fast.

Thought I would put a couple up :)

Circuit: ORAN PARK GP 2008 SUPERLAP

Car: TURBO HONDA S2000

Driver: JOHN BOSTON

Lap time: 1:17.20

Camera: NOT SURE

Link:

Circuit: 2009 ROYAL EASTER SHOW SYDNEY

Car: TOYOTA HILUX V6

Driver: JOHN BOSTON

Lap time: Who gives a !! lol

Camera: NOT SURE