SAU Community

Bomberman's Rb26debt Build From Dmms Or Better Known As Dazmo

Thanks Nick, from what we can barely see, it looks good. hahahah just kidding. From what i know, These are a forged crank. they are not full counterweighted ie 8 counterweights instead of 12. Still a very nice crank though. What pistons did you end up choosing for your kit? cooling channel? Please add better pictures when you get them. I'm sure the rest of the members would love to see it!

I'm liking the looks of that head work, quite nice...

Yeah i know the pics are a bit dodgy at the moment, but hopefully in the next week or so i can get some better pics. I went the lazy route and just got the full kit, so tomei rods and the tomei cooling channel pistons. And your valves/springs etc. look quite similar to the ones i am using as well :)

hmm I like the good head job :)

Roy, can you shed some more light regarding these cams? I am keen to know by what you mean "peaky with a big hole in response".

I cant wait to see this baby on the dyno.

While waiting on the final stages of the head work, There were A LOT of little bits and pieces to buy. Most of the bolts etc were from other rb26's Daz and I had accumulated over the years. I reckon we'd have quite a few rb26's just in parts!

Most vaccum hoses, clamps, pipes etc on the plenum and intakes were over 15years old so I bought all these new from Nissan. Most of these had to come from Japan...... more waiting.....

14032009118.jpg

This pipe was ordered too.

14032009119pipeinred.jpg

The FAST CD worth its weight in gold.

section144.jpg

Hoses and clamps

section223.jpg

This oil thingy was not included on a bare block either. Old one was hard to remove.

section110.jpg

New studs for intake side for plenum

section140.jpg

Studs off the head intake and exhaust sides

section111.jpg

Also a Nismo Repair Gasket Kit was ordered from Japan. this consists of all the seals and gaskets found in the engine (except half moon seals), a tube of 3 bond, and a 1.2mm metal head gasket. This repair gasket kit is also available in Nissan form however a factory head gasket instead of the Metal one. A great kit!

1010a-rr580-080820.jpg

The Nismo metal head gasket was ditched because i wanted to UP the compression for response. The Nismo repair gasket kit did not offer anything smaller than 1.2mm. Also all the other gaskets that mattered ie exhaust manifold gasket, intake manifold gasket, throttle body gaskets were still made from factory materials. In their place i replaced them with a Tomei gasket combination kit. This kit had all the gaskets mentioned but in metal. The kit also included the Tomei oil gallery orafice as well. Tomei offered gaskets in 1.0 1.2 1.5 1.8 and 2.0! I got the 1.0 for the purpose mentioned.

TOMEIFULLMETALGASKETKIT.jpg

R32R33GTRRB26DETTc.jpg

DSC02677.jpg

IT'S CHRISTMAS! THE HEAD IS BACK!

09022009049.jpg

The head went to Will at JHH Engineering along with all the head parts for assembly. Will reccomened i stop by Nissan and pick up new collets and spring seats. More $ :P Anyway, he's the expert.

10022009050.jpg

Here are some of the finished porting pics.

22112008478.jpg

26042008280.jpg

26042008281.jpg

haha i really like this next pic. Is it just me or does it look like a skull is staring back at you!?

26042008282.jpg

More waiting............

Head porting is like a black art for me.

When does a light port becomes too much, hurt mid range response and is only good for top end?

that's the problem. you wont know till you bolt it on and try it. the only real way to learn it trial an error. you will almost certainly port a lot of heads that end up worse than they were standard before you start getting them right. which is why it's important to go somewhere that has done lots of RB26 heads as every engine is different.

Yeah, really happy with it. Andre did a really good job. He's been doing it for years now, so i totally trust his work. He has his own flowbench too. The head is also CC'd as well. He charges so very reasonable considering the time spent on it. The head took some time to do as it is not Andre's main line of work anymore. He just does it in his spare time. When i showed JHH they were very happy with it, and said that if they were to charge for something like this it would cost between 4 and 4.5k! I couldnt believe it! I didnt know it could cost sooooo much! I'd never spend that sort of money on a headjob. :P I was stoked! I guess with headwork its like asking "how long is a piece of string?"

Edited by AtomicBomberMan

Don't wanna hi-jack your thread, but thought i might throw up these 2 pics as well...

And that head looks stunning.

I think i'm almost with you on just take the service manual down to nissan moorooka and order all the vaccum lines etc.

post-39837-1244207045_thumb.jpg

post-39837-1244207076_thumb.jpg

Don't wanna hi-jack your thread, but thought i might throw up these 2 pics as well...

And that head looks stunning.

I think i'm almost with you on just take the service manual down to nissan moorooka and order all the vaccum lines etc.

Very nice Nick! Cooling channel pistons! I have always wondered how they actually make these. They are a forged piston so how do they make the channel? Nick, when you're ready to do the hoses and clamps, let me know. I can get some pretty good prices on the Nissan stuff. I've spent enough with them!

Awesome Chris!

Its good to see after soo many years you are finally getting it all done! You must be really enjoying the build after so much collecting and spending!!!

Looks really good so far! Well done!

p.s pics of brakes coming, I havent fitted the rears yet, will do so in a month or so.

:P

May be I am tired because I spent most of my long weekend reinstalling my low mount turbo but I thought it looks more like your current avatar DRD-OOF

av-26194.jpg

:P

Hey dont stop ABM...get those pics up mate.

Edited by 9krpm

HAHAHA..... yeah 9K.... i can see it too! the avatar is definitely more pleasing on the eyes! eyes on avatar are BULGING though! :P

omega, thanks for the kind words.

thanks femno. yeah make sure you send me those pics of your brakes when you get them on! im still waiting!

more pics up soon!

i have heard that this is great for drag cars, but may not be good for street. is this true? what benefits and gains can be expected? how does this affect response?

Edited by AtomicBomberMan