SAU Community

Is Flaken Azenis Asymetrical semi slick road legal?

Well, it depends what you are looking for.

The Azenis are apparently a good middle ground in R tyres, OK wear and price OK.

I've also used Dunlop Formula Rs which are excellent, but about $2000 per set (235 and 265)

Another type I've used are the Bridgestone Re55s which are even better, but are very soft, would probably only last 2-3 track days. About $1500 a set

Other popular choices are Bridgestone Re540s and I think franks has just picked up a set of Toyo r1rs.

Is St115 the correct designation for the semi slick, as i thought they were the tip top road tyre...or was that the St415. so basically be sure thats the semi slick tyre not their premium road tyre.

Ive had type R on the back with street rubber on the front, and at the track its not all that bad. On fast corners though my car did seem to want to understeer a little more.

I should put a line to separate them..

the ST-115 is road tyres only..all around tyres

----------------------------------------

the Azenis asymetrical is semi slick..

Originally posted by Roy

Is St115 the correct designation for the semi slick,  as i thought they were the tip top road tyre...or was that the St415. so basically be sure thats the semi slick tyre not their premium road tyre.

Ive had type R on the back with street rubber on the front, and at the track its not all that bad.  On fast corners though my car did seem to want to understeer a little more.

Originally posted by Mick Trainer

Whats sort of keys to you guys get out of your R-rated tyres?  Include how many track days you go to.

Mick.

lol, depends :(

I don't use em on the road much (just to track and back). I run falken fk451s on the road, which are a great $1000/set road tyre.

Formula R fronts - about 3-4 track days, (8x20min sessions)

Formula R rears - about 6 track days

Re55s fronts- fronts lasted 3 days at Dutton rally, so I think only 2-3 track days....and they are assymetrical so can't swap side to side

Re55s rears - were on for the same 3 days at dutton, about 50% worn.

My car may be a little unusual with much more front wear, it doesn't have much power so it looks after the rears OK.