SAU Community

Hi Guys, just wanted to introduce myself. Im Nick , just joined the forum.

I purchased a new Gun-Metal r35 Gtr, a week and a half ago, took delivery on the friday 3rd July .

Im an adelaide boy, picked up my baby from Main-North Nissan.

I am a car enthusiast and have always had a soft spot for nissans.

Still running in the car with just over 600 km on her. Look forward to hearing from you all.

Photos still to come.

Welcome to SAU Nick...

Im sure your time spent here will inspire you to become more attached to you purchase to the point where it feels like a child...

Also im sure you will find the pages and pages of info very handy and you'll save a few bucks along the way...

Enjoy your stay!

Welcome to SAU Nick...

Im sure your time spent here will inspire you to become more attached to you purchase to the point where it feels like a child...

Also im sure you will find the pages and pages of info very handy and you'll save a few bucks along the way...

Enjoy your stay!

Thanks guys, i look forward to learning lots and hopefully contributing some valuable information myself.

In regard to my previous cars. I used to have an s15 spec r, my most recent car prior to the r35 is an anniversary model rx8

With regards to how ive found the r35.

Well i can only comment within the confines of everyday driving and the limitations that it brings.

The gearbox is noisy which is expected and well documented,

the car is of a high quality.

My biggest impression is how easy the car is to live with on a daily basis. Miss daisy could drive it and not know of its enormous power.

I must say its acceleration is phenomenal. Having driven relatively fast cars and having read all the reviews. I thought i had a grasp of its acceleration, but i was wrong. ITs just blistering.

One thing that i wasnt prepared for , was the amount of attention that the car receives, guys with their mobile phones trying to take happy snaps, people changing course to follow the car, stopping at the servo.

cant complain just didnt expect such a turnout.

Not much else to say about the car, my main concern is its reliability, mixed reports of issues with gearboxes. Given the level of technology stuffed in the car, i guess theres alot more that can go wrong.

Given im still in the early stages of running the car in, i mainly drive it in auto, though i have played with the manual a bit. Im not sure how crucial the running in process is. Im sure i would have temporarirly revved past 3500 rpm in my first 500ks, (and the nissan dealers failed to describe the running in process to me, despite me explicitly asking them -found it in the manual of course),

The ride is very easy to live with, im not sure what all the hoo ha was about. Its certainly no stiffer than my 200sx in standard mode, i can barely tell the difference in comfort mode.

Hope that helps.

The weathers been so crap and raining most days, looking forward to a sunny weekend soon to take some nice pics,.

thanks again guys for the warm welcome.

Hi Nick,

Saw yours in there when I had mine in for some minor checks on the Thu before you took delivery. It was also sharing the workshop with an Ivory Pearl one. Now there's 5 gunmetals going around adelaide. Finally some anonymity! Mind you Im getting all my friends saying hey I saw you on such and such road but couldn't catch you to say hello! I'd always reply, nope, mustn't have been me, I always drive to the speed limits :D Look forward to seeing it on the road. I know the (custom), plates of all the others so yours should hopefully be obvious....

Cheers

David

Sweet, another Gun Metallic in Adelaide. We need to get them together for a cruise/photo at some stage.

Enjoy your GTR. Great to have you on the board.

Cheers, Munro

post-538-1247567332_thumb.jpg

Sweet, another Gun Metallic in Adelaide. We need to get them together for a cruise/photo at some stage.

Enjoy your GTR. Great to have you on the board.

Cheers, Munro

post-538-1247567332_thumb.jpg

f*kk, that looks....awesome. !!! animal...