SAU Community

Eoi - C34 Stagea Roof Rail Replacement Panels

darrinspencer

There has been some interest in getting replacement roof rails made for C34 stagea's

I have a company prepared to make them. They first need to make the moulds and then the production will begin

The first set will be read in approx 6-7 weeks and 1 set per week made after that.

To kick this off we need 5 people prepared to pay a 50% deposit up front, otherwise it will not happen.

Deposits will be paided directly to CCubed and held until we get a minimum of 5 people. If it all falls over, the deposits will be refunded. A full company reciept will be given, so your money will be safe.

CCubed is the company, based in Sydney and produce high quality fibreglass and real carbon products as well as prepare race cars. Andrew the owner and is a stagea lover and has one project car and a parts cars. You may be farmiliar with their work, they built Brcyey/Evomitches yellow R34 stagea. CCubed also have the full moulds for a complete bolt on R34 front for the stagea.

Costs will be $600 pair for fibreglass, ready for painting or $1200 for 100% carbon fibre.

Postage will be aprrox $30-60, they are 2m long!

Quality, paste of an email from Andrew

"All our components are vacuum formed and resin infused. This allows us to maintain a extremely high level of quality and finish.

We only use high quality resins as these are much more stable and of a higher structural grade"

Without sounding rude, if you are interested, you must be prepared to put your money where your mouth is and pay the deposit!!

Would like to have the first 5 deposits paided within 2 weeks, close date 7th August 2009.

Current list of interested people

RBstagea

Greenghost

Me (Darrinspencer)

Attached is pic of what they will look like if you paint them black.

post-14923-1248223344_thumb.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come on guys this will significantly reduce weight, lower your centre of gravity and look shit hot

Myles, what's the weight of each removed rail ? and I guess the plugs will be 1-2kg each ?

Myles, what's the weight of each removed rail ? and I guess the plugs will be 1-2kg each ?

Mine are off at the moment, I will weigh them tonight

I think you will be supprised how heavy they are, at a guess they would be approx 15kg for the pair

These will be full replacement strips on the roof. It is not covering plugs to cover the holes where the rails bolt thru.

It would be alot cheaper option to make some covering plugs as such, but it would like a patch job.

I'd be putting my money on Darrin: those suckers are steel underneath the black plastic coating: they are HEAVY!!

I'd be putting my money on Darrin: those suckers are steel underneath the black plastic coating: they are HEAVY!!

Estimate was a bit high. The actually weighed 8kg for the pair.

Only $300 to pay now and the balance in 8 weeks time $300

Sounds alot cheaper that way :P

Bump! Back to the first page!

C'mon people: I had so many pms from 'definite takers' when I first started posting about this...WHERE ARE YOU?

This will be one of the most dramatic cosmetic differences you will make to your car: They look so LOW without the rails.....

i think the problem is with the price - a couple of people i have spoken to were very interested in this group buy but believe the price is a bit high. perhaps increase the number of people required for it to go through so that you can reduce the purchase price? just my 2 cents

that's the only reason i'm not buying a set. i love the look and it's something that i'm definately going to do one day but $600 for 2 fibreglass covers? i'm sure they're a bit more than just 2 strips of glass but i cant justify $600 for them, no matter how well they're made.

as soon as someone offer a more affordable option, ill be there with cash in hand!

D.

The problem is: there isn't a more affordable option: I looked into this for ages, and ended up hosing just under $900 to get a poorly-fitting set from Japan. Obviously, everyone has to decide how much they're willing to part with, but in my opinion, $600 is more than acceptable...

Now hurry up and send your money! :laugh:

i had these on my old stag, i think they were carbon fibre from memory, you can check out pics of them in the link in my signature

okay, count me in for this.

Can pay the initial depoist straight up, but the remmeaning i wont be able for another 2-3 weeks. hope thats ok.

Scott

Well there's four ATM including myself. Ive spoken to ccubed recently in reagrds to the front end conversion, and I asked him about this and if he was still able to do it if we didn't get 5 people together. He said to me he would still be doing it if he only got 3 or 4 people as he is making next to no profit of them anyway.

i think the problem is with the price - a couple of people i have spoken to were very interested in this group buy but believe the price is a bit high. perhaps increase the number of people required for it to go through so that you can reduce the purchase price? just my 2 cents

im not getting any just yet. i just cant afford $600 for something thats purely cosmetic. i had some mates lined up as well but they think its to pricey. ive done some work with fibreglass bumpers and stuff and tried to explain that there is alot of labour in the design and getting them to fit just right. but most ppl think they shouldnt have to pay for that. to them i say, figure it out for yourself! i will get some but not till after prob Xmas now.