SAU Community

1000hp Rb26 S13... What Time Can Do?

I am thinking to update from T04Z to T51SPL..

With fully stripped chassis and with slicks how low time will I do with my car?

Can I will do 9.0sec? Or it is too low for this power? What power I need for 9.0?

I did 11.2sec with very bad 60foot 1.75 and with terminal 134mph with t04z 30psi and with full street interior.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your reply!

Ok sure I will learn to drive it better but the t04z power can put me at 9's as you said... But can do very low 9?

I don't think so :P

So I am thinking to put larger injectors, t51 spl and new exhaust that will exit at front fender side.

Do you think that if I will do this setup I can do very low 9sec?

Something else do you think that I need?

I will put also full rollcage, front runners and I will strip everything of the car.

Weight of your car would be nice... As far as i can gather a stock s13 with engine/gearbox conversion of a stock rb26 would weigh about 1250kg compared to just 1170kg of a stock sr20det s13. Then i suppose you can add on some more weight for a larger turbo setup, more weight for fuel (not counted in dry curb weight) and then with any sense take some weight off because you would have removed HICAS on a drag car... right?

lets say your car weighs 1250kg anyway for arguments sake....

On a weight vs Horsepower @ wheels calculation you would be in the 8.2s range... with 1000hp @ wheels

Then take in to account the traction on your previous efforts and your terrible vehicle control and try and finish without hitting someone else would be a good goal. If i were you id leave your turbo setup as is and get the best out of that.

With that weight and lots of traction and good control you could get a 9 with around 600hp @ wheels according to the calculator which is not perfect but...

Edited by GT-RZ

Also the car will full stripped as now will be drag car..

With 600whp that sure I have now I am not sure if I can do so low as you say..... :P

I did 11.2 with 1.75 60foot!

Ok sure I cannot do better launch than 1.5 with et streets!!!!! In an other race I did 1.5 in a decent dragstrip!

So how much better than 11.2 with 1.5 launch?? I was thinking that I can do 10.5 at best!

My terminal I think that it is good... 134mph!

I will prepare a new s13 chassis for drag car and I will stay with my setup for some races... but I don't think that I can go neighter for high 9!!

And I want very low 9 :)

T51 SPL can make 1000hp flywheel!

With 850whp what time gives your calculation with 1250kg?

I dont think the part that you have installed between the steering wheel and the seat can run a 9. hell, it cant safely run an 11.

forget about the bigger turbo, and focus on upgrading that.

i think your should turn the boost down to say 20psi, sort out the chassis, sort out ur driving! sort out the tune. get the thing running consistantly and safely.

once this has been done then start to increase the boost.

then and only then, once you have lots of experience with your current set up should you even consider moving to a larger turbo.

1250kg with 850hp @ wheels is 8.6s

Keep in mind these are examples and theoretical outcomes given perfect runs and perfect grip... Not to mention you should be adding the weight of yourself in to the equation.

Here is the online calculator http://www.race-cars.net/calculators/et_calculator.html

You can crunch the numbers yourself and take in to account traction loss etc but it requires effort and that calculator does not. have fun.

PS: when you get your car tuned next get them to weigh it with you inside and everything else you will race with, then you know.

The bloke has an RB26 powered s13, he took it to the strip (which was not perfectly prepared, granted) and he started to get fairly untidy around mid-track.

Rather than back off for his own safety and that of the S2000 driver in the left-hand lane, he ploughed on and end up swerving badly into the other lane (possibly clipped the s2000) and caused the S2000 driver to hit the wall = epic fail.

A perfect example of plenty of cash, plenty of power but no friggin brains.

I ask how to make 9sec! I have mam and dad to protect me to don't kill anyone or to kill myself!

Jesus it was just accident!

Put the car away until you grow up mate- Mum and Dad shouldn't have anything to do with this.

Definitely think you should pay for the s2000; I dont know how insurance + track works in greece.

Destroy a car like that without paying in Au and not even mom/dad would be able to protect you.