SAU Community

Racepace Built R34 Gtr Nur Rb28 V-cam

Ok, I'll be the first one to say, DON'T DO IT!

Those 'bling' wheels in my opinion don't belong on a car of this calibre, this car deserves the best motorsport wheel and it's hard to pass on the TE37. the work wheels will be considerably heavier and you will definitely notice your car feeling more sluggish.

This car is the epitome of a hardcore street/track car and in my opinion needs lightweight forged monoblock goodness.

I'd say you may also have issues getting them over the AP's aswell.

Another thing I don't like about these meisters is that they use the size spokes as the 18'' version, only the outer part of the rim is larger and in my opinion does not give the full 20'' look.

Anyway this my opinion and many may disagree, just thought I'd give my 2c worth......

P.S if you do decide to go ahead Matt I've got first dibs on the TE's!!!!

TE37s are getting overdone these days imho plus meisters look sick on 34s, proof:

IMG_01271.jpg

but matt, to run wheels that wide with such low offsets will require some serious tyre stretch+camber to get in the guards and considering the look youve gone for with the car, i dont think theyd suit. the above car has 10.5s rears (unsure of offset but doesnt look like -6)

however, points will be achieved for toughness

Ok, I'll be the first one to say, DON'T DO IT!

Those 'bling' wheels in my opinion don't belong on a car of this calibre, this car deserves the best motorsport wheel and it's hard to pass on the TE37. the work wheels will be considerably heavier and you will definitely notice your car feeling more sluggish.

This car is the epitome of a hardcore street/track car and in my opinion needs lightweight forged monoblock goodness.

I'd say you may also have issues getting them over the AP's aswell.

Another thing I don't like about these meisters is that they use the size spokes as the 18'' version, only the outer part of the rim is larger and in my opinion does not give the full 20'' look.

Anyway this my opinion and many may disagree, just thought I'd give my 2c worth......

P.S if you do decide to go ahead Matt I've got first dibs on the TE's!!!!

I know what your saying Jack but this car doesn't see the track so increase in wheel weight not a huge issue IMO... sluggish? with 400rwkw!? it might not feel quite as sharp but won't be that much of a difference

I agree with Pete, everyone has TE's, can't hurt to try something a bit different

but matt, to run wheels that wide with such low offsets will require some serious tyre stretch+camber to get in the guards and considering the look youve gone for with the car, i dont think theyd suit. the above car has 10.5s rears (unsure of offset but doesnt look like -6)

he has the wider Z tune guards up front so just the rears are a concern... the rears in that pic could be close to -6... heaps of dish there

can anyone confirm what offset needed to fit 10.5s on the rear of a 34GTR?

Personally, I love the tough look of the Work Meister S1.

But I certainly understand Jack's point regarding unsprung weight etc etc.

As mentioned TE37s, CE28s, LMGT4s (all of which I have owned) and other popular Volk Racing wheels are so overdone on BNR34s.

I am a wheel whore, therefore i am always looking at other exciting wheel matching for my car.

These were the original pics that got me hooked on the Meisters. This particular set was traded on this forum in 2008/09 and changed hands twice as far as I know. The set for sale in Sydney may very well be the same set of wheels transferring ownership again...

Looks almost Tonka (toy) tuff!

post-32660-0-81642400-1301041962_thumb.jpg

post-32660-0-80208600-1301041977_thumb.jpg

As always, I appreciate the input

Cheers

Matt

In agreeance with Pistol Pete, When i went for the SSR SP1R's on mine i had the choice of those and about 3 different spec'd TE's. Although i absolutely love the TE's they are getting pretty common same with GTC's and CR Kais are getting around a bit more. Yes all very sweet and tough rims but with that size and off set you can't go wrong!

Just got car back from Racepace. Verdict: I like the way the car handles now!

Boring photo of Hicas unit removed. Note 5kg weight reduction.

p3260068.jpg

Custom Racepace Hicas bar,retaining OEM tie-rods. Racepace logo is a nice touch.

Again, it's nothing exciting. Note 4" exhaust sits very close to rear differential housing.

p3260064.jpg

Cheers

Matt

Just curious Matt but how many bonnet's do you have? Ive counted two R tune nismos and a vspec 2 bonnet so far. Add that to your wheel collection and you must have a double bay garage for just storing all the gear to mix and match the appearance of your car! Im hanging out to see your "cleaning out the garage" sale thread in the parts section.

More wheel fetish pictures

naga1top.jpg

Have seen so many cars pictured in front of this area. Where is it in japan?? Obviously a hot spot for these type of cars lol..

I love the TE37 or RE30 for your car

Just curious Matt but how many bonnet's do you have? Ive counted two R tune nismos and a vspec 2 bonnet so far. Add that to your wheel collection and you must have a double bay garage for just storing all the gear to mix and match the appearance of your car! Im hanging out to see your "cleaning out the garage" sale thread in the parts section.

those cars with the meisters arent his

I decided to read this entire thread start to finish meticulously,this was around 6pm WA time,here I am 8 hours later at 2am in the goddam friggin morning LOL.

That said it has been well worth the read and congratulations for such an amazing car,Racepace have done an exellent job,it truly is inspiring.

I decided to renad this entire thread start to finish meticulously,this was around 6pm WA time,here I am 8 hours later at 2am in the goddam friggin morning LOL.

That said it has been well wheorth the read and congratulations for such an amazing car,Racepace have done an exellent job,it truly is inspiring.

i started reading the first post on my ph at work.......no work got done...battery went flat ....raced back to my room to charge and continue reading ....the best post iv read ..

it was like xmas when matt brought new things... great job with the car matt.