car already has :

- Hybrid FMI

- Full 3" zorst

- splitfire coils

- pod and CAI

- tomei fuel pump

- nismo FPR

- HKS EVC5 boost controller

have just brought a Power FC and am going to get this fitted along with Z32, new turbo and injectors.

would like to keep standard turbo manifold and use the 3" dump pipe already fitted

would like about 350hp @ wheels or more

have budgeted about $1000 for injectors and $1000 secondhand to $2000 new for the turbo

so my questions are:

- What turbo

- what injectors

- also can i keep the cold start function with a Power FC

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want to keep the dump you have with the standard turbo then your best bet is a highflow, which should also be sufficient for your 350hp goal.

injectors, different people have different opinions but i'm using nismo 555s and they're great

and yes power fc's have cold start functions

GCG highflow, Nismo 740cc injectors to give you breathing room for future upgrades(same price as the 555cc), 480cc SR20 injectors are the budget option.

a GT3071 or 76 kit is ~3k

for $1800 we can make you a Garrett GT3071R BB CHRA in a .63 Bolton housing in .60 A/R Comp with 14psi internal gated actuator. that would be pretty responsive for your power goal with good torque.

Sounds like a good option, but have heard many times of the potential boost control issues with these combos, do your setups have this issue?

if you want 350hp u may run into boost control issues as said above, when running the stock manifold, your going to have decide as to how serious you want to be about your up grade, do you either get the bolt on and run into a wall when ur after more, or spend the extra couple of grand and go external gate, 6boost manifold, and a decent garret turbo. why not get some cams and timing gears as well.....etc

its a pretty hard choice and decent investment what ever you decide on think about what your going to do with the car spend the extra now and save the head ache latter

Sounds like a good option, but have heard many times of the potential boost control issues with these combos, do your setups have this issue?

Nope. Depends on how your engineer the internal wastegate port and size of the wastegating flap. We've done quite a few. No problem with boost creeping at all.

if you want 350hp u may run into boost control issues as said above, when running the stock manifold, your going to have decide as to how serious you want to be about your up grade, do you either get the bolt on and run into a wall when ur after more, or spend the extra couple of grand and go external gate, 6boost manifold, and a decent garret turbo. why not get some cams and timing gears as well.....etc

am not gonna have the extra money external gate and cams

I see heaps of people with 350rwhp using the standard manifold and think i should be able to do it

hks2835...shits on standard boost response...no response...full boost and 250rkw at 19psi at 3200rpm...drift that bitch!

how does this turbo compare to the Garrett GT3071R BB mentioned by hypergear

i also believe a gt30 is the way to go.

even better if you spend an extra 1k for a rb30....youll make the turbo kick in earlier, with less boost and more power.

hopefully your not running a rb20....

engine is an RB25 and don't think ill be putting in an RB30

just looking for a new turbo

Any 450hp core (or close enough will do what you want, each with its pro's and con's.

So GT3071, HKS GT-RS, HKS 2835ProS, GCG hiflow or Hypergear's recommendation.

You seem to want a low cost direct bolt on option so something from Hypergear or GCG will meet the target and for the lowest cost.

550cc injectors will do the job.

i'd go a second hand HKS GTRS if i were looking for something that bolts up....

slightly more responsive than a highflow and very bolt on..... 2835 is a better turbo for a 25 but more $$$ and needs a custom dump.

hks2835...shits on standard boost response...no response...full boost and 250rkw at 19psi at 3200rpm...drift that bitch!

is that all you ended up with? i thought you sorted all that out

mine makes 285 @ 19 psi

thanks for everyones answers

think im gonna go the Garrett GT3071R BB recommended by hypergear along with sard injectors

can i keep the cold start function ?

You'll need additional collars for the sard injectors whereas Nismo don't for similar price new.