SAU Community

Scr48 First + Only!

Car broke on the dyno this afternoon. Valve spring...

It made 460hp on 14psi before it broke. Obviously a lot of room left in it and the turbo was hardly awake at that boost level

It made 460hp on 14psi before it broke. Obviously a lot of room left in it and the turbo was hardly awake at that boost level

Ahhh crap man!

460hp @ 14psi is amazing though.

Feel for ya Scottie I really do.

Hopefully that's all that's broken and that it can be fixed speedily

Ahhh crap man!

460hp @ 14psi is amazing though.

Feel for ya Scottie I really do.

Hopefully that's all that's broken and that it can be fixed speedily

Are you just leaving that breather open to atmosphere?

No, it was just like that when i took the picture. That picture was taken before the motor got started for the first time

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Lith, currently its problem after problem. Long story short. It got back on the Dyno and burnt out an exhaust valve. Off the head came and has been sent away for some work. There has been some damage done to the guides as well. Head should be back to the tuner early next week and he has some seals to go in it also. Once thats done it s back on the dyno...

Its been a trying few weeks to say the least.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Lith, currently its problem after problem. Long story short. It got back on the Dyno and burnt out an exhaust valve. Off the head came and has been sent away for some work. There has been some damage done to the guides as well. Head should be back to the tuner early next week and he has some seals to go in it also. Once thats done it s back on the dyno...

Its been a trying few weeks to say the least.

Man that's terrible luck :( I hope things start going a bit smoother from now on!

• 2 weeks later...

Car was finally ready Wednesday last week. Figure at this stage is 512rwhp on 18psi. Richard didnt want to push it too much as he didnt want to box to break. After the last 3 months of $$ spending I'm just happy to get it back on the road. Once i can afford to replace the gearbox then I will wind up the boost and see what it an really make. The torque in this thing is impressive

At this boost level the turbo still has a lot of room left in it.