SAU Community

Official NSW Skyline spotted thread

CerealKiller

Are you talking about coming from Brighton (general holmes drive) or from the M5..cos if its from the M5 there isnt a camera heading city bound..it sounds weird cos there should be, but i've gone through there at about 90kmh many a time and never received a fine hehe.

it's the road right after M5 joins general holmes drive, and we drive under a 'bridge' thing where planes use to take off.

Spotted again a yellow R34 at westmead hospital with massive wing

it's the road right after M5 joins general holmes drive, and we drive under a 'bridge' thing where planes use to take off.

Yeah there is no camera there city bound dude, im positive.

Also spotted a Silver R34 GTT along king georges road last night.

Yeah there is no camera there city bound dude, im positive.

Also spotted a Silver R34 GTT along king georges road last night.

Yep.. cameras can only get you from behind.. plus i dont think my warnings go off on it heading citybound only westbound

Yep.. cameras can only get you from behind.. plus i dont think my warnings go off on it heading citybound only westbound

Thats not quite true. Speed cameras in school zones are actually both directions, and they take the photo looking at your face :wave:

Some friends and I were having an argument in the car one night, and it ended up with my mate saying "Alright I'll prove it to you, they dont take photos head on!".... FLASH... He was subsequently fined :laugh:

Thats not quite true. Speed cameras in school zones are actually both directions, and they take the photo looking at your face.

Majority of the speed camera are taken from behind.

Some friends and I were having an argument in the car one night, and it ended up with my mate saying "Alright I'll prove it to you, they dont take photos head on!".... FLASH... He was subsequently fined :laugh:

Where was that at?

Spotted [WILPWR] R32 on Woodville Rd the other day.

Yes, some cameras take pics in both directions, for eg, Princes Highway at Bulli. Just look for the (rectangular) sensors in the road in either direction.

Majority of the speed camera are taken from behind.

Correct but some can take both sides of the road, more of them these days .

You don't have to run the risk to prove it either just look for the marks on the road, they are 1.5 metres appart and the device measures the time it takes your car to cover the 1.5 mts. Thats how it works out the speed you are travelling, keep in mind there are lots of them that are faulty as it has been proven in the past .

One that comes to mind is: The top of Spit rd, catching busses and heavy trucks doing 70-80kmh up the steep hill. The busses later proved that they could only manage 30-40 kmh up that Hill.

I've gotten done for speeding, I asked for the photo because I didn't believe it and it had the front shot... Funny enough there was a car next to me in the photo going the other direction...

Makes you wonder...

I've gotten done for speeding, I asked for the photo because I didn't believe it and it had the front shot... Funny enough there was a car next to me in the photo going the other direction...

Makes you wonder...

When the pic is taken it also shows which lane triggered the camera to avoid any confusion.

When the pic is taken it also shows which lane triggered the camera to avoid any confusion.

Hmmm.. was done many years ago in my old car.. Didn't take much notice of anything pointing towards which lane..

I just thought "Yep, well thats my car.. crap..."

spotted WAR 33R on the M5 last night at about 10ish...

that would have to be one of the meanest looking and sounding GTR's ive seen for a while... nice flame action when gearing down too...i just looked forward and pretended it was my car making the noise...

Spotted a purple R32 in St Clair today was some kind of custom purple with gold/honeycomb colour circle spot things all over it! I had to loook twice to make sure I wasnt seeing things but f*ck me it was the ugliest paintjob I have ever seen on a R32 I was embarrased to be driving my 32 behind him incase people thought I was out cruising with it.

scared to be different i take mate...... maybe if you were driving behind me people MIGHT look and notice YOUR car... instead of thinking it was just some plain boring car...