SAU Community

Auto-wing Mirror Retract Unit For R33's

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

Shouldn't be a drama. Couple of R34 owner's have already bought some. .:: GimpS-R34 ::. is installing his and working out wire colours etc.. at the moment.

these things won't last. once they sell, I'm not making any more. Just way too time intensive!

-tom

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
still in sandy area?

Yep. Can post or pick up if u prefer. Can do installs too.

Hey Mate, if you still have a set of these I would be interested.. Seems like they work on the r34's as well from what I have read from other people..

Pauly

Yeah still got some. A few guys with R34's have bought them :banana:

PM if ur keen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
My 33 has always done this... I just leave the switch in the 'extend' setting and it retracts when I take the key out and extends when I put it back in... I can lock them out by putting it into 'neutral' once they're out... I always thought this was just a standard feature! Stock Series 1 R33... maybe I'll have to have a poke around and see if there's any funny business going on behind there...

Probably wired into your car alarm, when a mate installed my alarm he asked if I wanted the mirrors to auto fold in. I think he was able to wire it in to the circuit that automatically wound the windows up when locking the car as well.

Any more info on R34 installs yet?

I'm guessing it would be pretty different, given the fuse box is under the bonnet and the mirror control is on the driver side door :P

I'm guessing it would be pretty different, given the fuse box is under the bonnet and the mirror control is on the driver side door :)

No feedback as yet unfortunately. You'd just need to locate the wires down in the driver's side foot well and work out what goes where. I've never actually been in an R34 let alone tested the circuits, so I couldn't tell you! Cheers -Tom

I'm guessing it would be pretty different, given the fuse box is under the bonnet and the mirror control is on the driver side door :blink:

All the wires are the same colour as the R33.. Except getting the power.. You need to find a source which is why I havent gotten around to installing mine yet.. Been too busy on other things to look at my car LOL..