SAU Community

Sorry Guys, Went With A Gt2

MGS996TT

Dont be sorry mate, Jim Richards would have been sorry, the poor bugger, enters a new GT2 in Classic Adelaide and it went out before the first stage with turbo failure....and no parts in Aus to fix it. Sorry not to see him race and a wasted entry fee :D

Edited by Martin Donnon

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Send them over and we will fix them for you Nick :)

Checked out your website....you have some very nice upgrades for the R35.

Pulled the ECU earlier this week, it's now in transit to RS Tuning (Reinhold Schmirler) in Germany. Should have the ECU & hardware in Melbourne 2-3 weeks.

DSC00153.jpg

very nice mate

in all seriousness, what is your occupation?

+ fckin 1!

id like to know too (not in detail, just what pays for those cars and that house and stuff)

R35 or porsche - doesnt matter, either way you were in a win-win position IMO

MGS I am surprised that they made you send the ECU to them.

The process you are having performed is a conventional bench read/write on the Motronic. There are several companies (depending on which state you are in) that have the necessary hardware to read the PCM on the bench, email the program across to RS, where they can modify it and send it back. Interesting they didnt get someone to do this for you :)

MGS I am surprised that they made you send the ECU to them.

The process you are having performed is a conventional bench read/write on the Motronic. There are several companies (depending on which state you are in) that have the necessary hardware to read the PCM on the bench, email the program across to RS, where they can modify it and send it back. Interesting they didnt get someone to do this for you :)

Fully agree. DMS will bench read/flash the ECU locally. FVD, Softronic can read/flash the ECU via the port under the dash. Unfortunately RS Tuning do not offer this. Yes it is an inconvenience and this method also attracts import duties. But RS is regarded as the #1 Porsche Tuner.

very nice mate

in all seriousness, what is your occupation?

MD of a Multi-National with very long hours.…..just have a passion for nice cars .

Without sounding like a total w*nker....here's a few pics, garage & backyard....& my golf handicap is crap.

DSC00282.jpg

May2002.jpg

MGS they probably do a nice 'canned' mail order tune for the GT2.

Nothing beats tailoring the the Motronic tune to the car on a dyno though, having said that there are tuners (particularly overseas) that cant match our mail order GTR tune with their custom efforts so I see where you are coming from.....and you cant be a total wanker, your car isnt red, doesnt have a dancing pony on the bonnet, and I bet you dont have a Puma Schumacher edition driving suit and booties on while performing the mobile chicane on track days. These are the qualifications of the true wanker :P

LMAO @ the miniature bunkers on your golf hole!

Your push bike in the garage is probably worth more than my house hahaha. Awesome toys you have there Mark...I don't doubt you would work some real prick hours as an MD. And hey, if you've got the goods then flaunt them.

MD of a Multi-National with very long hours.…..just have a passion for nice cars .

Without sounding like a total w*nker....here's a few pics, garage & backyard....& my golf handicap is crap.

Ill be the first to say it, I'm SO JEALOUS :P