SAU Community

Is It Even Possible To Get A R34 Turbo For Around $15,000 ?

SO here I am again, trying to decide what to buy for $15,000 this time.

I was thinking R34, manual, turbo as they are newer and just feel 'sturdier' than a R32 (no R33's thanks).

Look on carsales...hardly anything..and same with these forums.

I thought they were cheaper than that?

I guess I thought wrong :D

I could get a R32 GTR, but to find one in GREAT condition that hasn't been as pounded as Heather Hunter would be pretty hard.

R32 GTR...or R34??

R34 in white or black...hottt, especially with a 'mild' body kit.

someone help!

stagea? i picked up my rs4s for under that and its factory manual (r33 gtr gearbox and diffs) with the rb25 neo (r34 motor)

just keep an eye out for bargins and look at cars in the price range above yours (i.e. 20k) its amazing how much ppl will drop the price if they have to sell

Whatever you pick up...

December & January are the best months to pick up a bargain...

whether it be from 'private' or 'dealer'.

Notwithstanding that, you still need to do all your homework as you inspect - don't rush!

If you want something decent, definitely stay away from an R32 GT-R with your price range. You may be lucky to get a clean exterior one, but more than likely motor will be shot, and there may be other problems, meaning, big $$$.

As others have said, for 15k you'd be better off looking at a 33. Or save for a bit longer and buy an R34 like you want

xmas spirit bitch.. time for giving lol

lol

Theres a schmick 5 spd GTT down the road from me at some compliance joint, they are asking 19. Finding a good one for 15 may be time consuming but not impossible.

32 GTR at 15k will be a turd. You're in a shit situation really because you're at the bottom end of the market with your budget. The only Skyline that you will find in decent condition for 15k will be an R33 which you don't want. If you haven't already, go out and drive an R33 and then decide. If you don't like the 33 keep saving for a 34 or 32.

i doubt you can get a r34 for $15,000 unless there was something wrong with it.

back in the day i bought my r33 for exactly $15,000 standard except the exhaust,always garaged pretty much mint condition not a scratch.

that was until i got caught in a hail storm :D

a mate of mine just bought an R34 GTT with alot of brand name goodies on it for $16,500

PFC

HDC coilovers

Greddy EBC

Greddy FMIC

HKS BOV

Defi Guages

etc

but u get what you pay for cuz as soon as he got it... his tranny gave him problems... his tune is farked we think as the car just stalls when u put it in neutral...

bottom line... save up a bit more and get yr car inspected before you buy because you really do get what you pay for