SAU Community

Spotted!!

Shell

Spotted a black S1 R33 in Woden carpark - JE 000

Also Mel on Hindmarsh Drive near the driving range going the opposite way... waved out the window but you weren't looking :P

I spotted you... But went ohhh shiiiiiit!!!! Then waved at my rearview mirror lol...

Spotted an L plater attempting to reverse paralel park behind my car. She obviously failed. Fortunately they hung around until I got back from where I was to let me know. We swapped numbers.. (btw - she wasn't hot).

Anyone recommend what I should do now? I've never been in this position before.. I'm not 100% on how bad the scrape is and if I can just buff it out or something.

hwC7P.jpg

Definitely won't buff out, unless they left white paint on you and didn't remove any of yours. From the photo is looks like it's taken paint OFF your car and down to the primer coat?

...luckily your car is only gloss black, so it won't cost much to get fixed up (relatively speaking). Depending on whether you care too much on quality of repair, perhaps go down a cheap route and find someone who'll do a cashy and have the other party pay for it?

As an example, a work friend's WRX got keyed (about 50cm long, all paint scratched out), and from what I recall it was pearl red. Roughly $600 repair from memory.

Definitely won't buff out, unless they left white paint on you and didn't remove any of yours. From the photo is looks like it's taken paint OFF your car and down to the primer coat?

...luckily your car is only gloss black, so it won't cost much to get fixed up (relatively speaking). Depending on whether you care too much on quality of repair, perhaps go down a cheap route and find someone who'll do a cashy and have the other party pay for it?

As an example, a work friend's WRX got keyed (about 50cm long, all paint scratched out), and from what I recall it was pearl red. Roughly $600 repair from memory.

Cheers mate.

I just realised that the other car was green.. and it left a white mark on my car, so yeah, its down to the primer.

Anyone suggest any shops, or anyone who can do cash job? .. this is the worst time of the year to get this sorted. lol.

Ring your insurance company and let them tell you what to do next. She's obviously being honest and not trying to get out of it so it should be straight forward?

BTW.. is the angle distorted or are you wearing a really funny looking hat :D

Dude - home all day today and your more than welcome. Im sure you'll like the changes :D

Plus you can check out some bit's n pieces I have laying around :thumbsup: Thought I saw you both in the red s15 yesterday near the HypingDome.

I still owe a big thanks to the SAU crew who showed up at the surprise party in Jerra. Damn my nephew Beau for pulling it together. Blew my mind, Jeez the crew were tight back then.

Was awesome night. An esky FULL of bourbons, replica limited model GTR 32 and the donation$ from passing the hat around came up around $400 to get this rebirth started.

I know I was that pissed I offerd everyone a ride in the GTR when she was rebuilt.

Ps. I know you still have the scar from your party trick - LULZ

Spotted me taking the top off my nuckle pretty much to bone!

Trying to install my Greddy controller at the time cutting a zip tie with a steak knife sounded like a good idea

HAHA. FAIL.

You ok though?

Got my EBC today. Install time soon!