SAU Community

Help! Porcilin Fell Into Engine

agsryd

LOL @ the people saying it'll crush up/burn...

1: It's the end of a spark plug. It won't burn

2: While it's being "crushed up" it's being slammed into your bore and gouging the f**k out of it...

3: When it reaches the head side of things and gets to the valves... Even more trouble...

I have a piece of piston come loose and "crush up" in my motor... It took everything out, lost compression through the bottom end, and also smashed valves... And the only sign? Masses of blue smoke on throttle, and a lumpy idle.

yep . thats it. valves bend easy. mate did the same thing. hopefully it hasnt scored the bore/ damaged a rings. good luck buddy. feel ur pain

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

impossible unless you fitted the wrong plugs (projected type), skyline plugs MUST be BCP type.... we use BCPR7ES, i see alot of BKR plugs in rb's and they are also WRONG.

The porcelain makes nice divits in the head and piston which in turn cause hotspots and promote pre ignition (pinking)

whats the difference between bcp and the bkr7e's everyone was raving about for a while, do they sit too far down?

Hey dude, Sounds like this car is not your daily drive?, so its easy then jus get a good VAC borrow (pay) from a good engineering shop, Clean it out as good as you can by using a fitting with a hose end for the vac and screw it in to the spark plug hole, then just start it and run it, You've already started it a few times anyways if it runs take it for a drive see how it is then jus do a comp test it'll most probably run if not it needs a to be pulled apart shit happens.

jus do it, ya live n ya learn.

whats the difference between bcp and the bkr7e's everyone was raving about for a while, do they sit too far down?

this i would like to know too (sorry to go offtopic)

just got bkr6eIX plugs for my 25... 3 tuning companys recommended them rather than the bcp's.

As far as i was aware it's just a slight difference in length on the top of the spark plug (going into the coil pack). The BCP is higher and makes a better contact, the BKR sits lower. I've used both on many occasions and never seen any difference.

I'd like to know more on what Trent is talking about. Maybe the BKR's are a bit more prone to missfire due to the contact point.

Edited by PM-R33

rb love a bit of ceramic

i only found out i droped some in after starting the car and freaked out about the noise

like i said no compression for 2 minutes

though i had gone so far so let it ide for a few more then suddenly the noise disapeared and i had compression

i dont recomend it but hey if your f**ked it you need to pull it appart .. in my case it wend for another 10000 km and didnt really need a re-build.

in other news after rebuilding the engine i was so wasted that i droped it form about 1 metre up and smashed the sump, while i was loweriung it into the engine bay... i was dancing to a good tune on the radio... which required a new one

lol

in say that...the above the engine is still living making 400 + rwkw to this day

good times

it can completly ruin your engine. i had that happen to my old fj20. id got stuck between the piston and bore. 2mm grove in the bore. complete throw away.

you really need to use a bore scope and make sure you get it all out. or pull the head off. you may be able to blow it out with compressed air but make sure the exhaust valve is open, not the inlet..

it can completly ruin your engine. i had that happen to my old fj20. id got stuck between the piston and bore. 2mm grove in the bore. complete throw away.

you really need to use a bore scope and make sure you get it all out. or pull the head off. you may be able to blow it out with compressed air but make sure the exhaust valve is open, not the inlet..

actually i did try and blow it out for about 30 minutes when i discovered the lack of copression..... good idea

i havent touched it yet bu i plan to scopee it out and blow out and vac it

im going to change the oil and hope it comes out there too

its my daily drivr and egar to get it fixed asap but at the same time have patience to not fcuk it up again

thans guys for ur inpput its has helped out alot

when this is over beers all around haha

im going to change the oil and hope it comes out there too...

Dude... don't touch it. Get it towed to a qualified mechanic!

Seriously... if it comes out with the oil, it's waaaaay too late.

in other news after rebuilding the engine i was so wasted that i droped it form about 1 metre up and smashed the sump, while i was loweriung it into the engine bay... i was dancing to a good tune on the radio... which required a new one

Haha man do you decide 'hmm today i gotta work on the car better drink that carton before i get started' or what?

how do you manage to break ceramic off plugs when changing them? I just can't see how you can do it unless things are getting really crazy when you're under the bonnet

hahahaha +1

got any more news on it mate... sorry 2 hear aye :down:

its half full, get back to work...drinking.

we were on our 2nd case at that stage - when i woke up the next day i was so suprised i didnt fuck up the cross hatching hahaha

how do you manage to break ceramic off plugs when changing them? I just can't see how you can do it unless things are getting really crazy when you're under the bonnet
hahahaha +1

got any more news on it mate... sorry 2 hear aye :P

breaking the ceramic part off a spark plug is probably the most common problem with noobs playing with engines. if you dont have the proper tool to get the spark plugs in/out you can warp it in a big way and the first thing to go is the ceramic part. just using a deep socket isnt good enough unless you know how not to fuck it up. but you guys are pro's right?