SAU Community

New To Melb

fooyoh

Hey all, I'm new to Melb just moved from the ACT. In the midst of buying a skyline, probably r33 gts-t, love those :D

Anyone know where's a good place to do an inspection and compression test and what not?

Also, any good mechanics/workshops near the CBD area. I'm located in Carlton atm.

Cheers guys.

Been reading a lot about Chasers at West Melb, will probably head there for pre-purchase inspection.

How does the RWC work down in Vic? Is it going to be difficult getting 1 for an import? Any recommendations..

try buying a car with a RWC and id suggest someone like holford motors who do compliancing and importing they would be good to look over a car, worth the drive. chasers do more modification work

my 2c

Honestly don't touch a car without an RWC! either you or him will have to fix it, so it may as well be him. Don't bother getting a dodgey roady because you will have to fix it sooner or later and you will avoid the potential defect!

lol yeah their pretty strict ey..

so just to clear things out, are FMIC allowed? How about shielded pods and BOVs and exhaust systems.. What are the "official" rules on that so that I can get the RWC for registration.

Thanks guys.

lol yeah their pretty strict ey..

so just to clear things out, are FMIC allowed? How about shielded pods and BOVs and exhaust systems.. What are the "official" rules on that so that I can get the RWC for registration.

Thanks guys.

fmic arnt illegal, pods arnt either...but if you have the 2 together it makes it illegal. so one or the other. bov are illegal...exhaust systems are ok if they are 90db or under which most likely it wont be so its pretty much a no.

Well fact is not don't need it, so why bother in the first place?

Stock BOV's are fine.

Stock Airbox is also fine.

Don't change, don't get defected, save money - buy beer.

quoted for truth

Well after viewing more than 10 cars, finally decided on 1. Got stateroads to send a guy to do the inspection, I must say it was really good and professional. If all things go well, should be behind the wheel of an r33 soon.

Thanks guys :down:

don't trust any RWC you get, get the car inspected. a lot of places will turn a blind eye for a little extra cash.

plus, the car doesn't need an inspection if transferring rego, so the rwc is mostly for your benefit. depending on how modified the car is you want to buy.

don't trust any RWC you get, get the car inspected. a lot of places will turn a blind eye for a little extra cash.

plus, the car doesn't need an inspection if transferring rego, so the rwc is mostly for your benefit. depending on how modified the car is you want to buy.

+1

My car had the WORST suspension of all time and it got a RWC. Worst thing is I knew the workshop that it got the RWC done at (only noticed this after I'd already purchased the car with RWC), and they are dodgy bastards who use recycled oil and shit.