SAU Community

Power Fc Help

really clutching at straws here

does the car have any whacko-mods? plenum? throttle body? mega coil pack / injector hacks?

try unplugging the afm and see if it starts (long shot)

does the stock ECU have any signs of being tinkered with? remap stickers or crap like that?

where are you located

does the car have any whacko-mods? plenum? throttle body? mega coil pack / injector hacks?

does the stock ECU have any signs of being tinkered with? remap stickers or crap like that?

where are you located

Im actually from NZ so duno how many people on here are from nz...i really want to find somone with a r33 like mine and see if itl start that.

Im going to try that now... and my stock ECU has a "G8" sticker on it...doesnt look like its been tinkered with...or is there any other stickers

where are you located

Took the afm plug out...and no luck with it starting, i took a closer look at the ecu...its got a slight little faded strip of see through japanese symbols just under and half on the "g8" sticker... dont know what it means or if it could be from somone having played with it or even chipped it? but its so insignificant i doubt its anything to worry about it... But having a chipped ecu wouldnt cause it to not start with the pfc would it?

Oh and is it possible somthing wired up to the ignition or somthing wired up wrong is causing the power fc to not want to start?

Thanks for your help guys

nah even if it was remapped it shouldnt cause it not to start unless it had like mega large injectors and wierd AFM's

just looking for any other clues as to why it wont start

yeah if the ignition is different from standard it could certainly cause it

do you notice anythign different ? mangled turbo timer install etc ?

nah even if it was remapped it shouldnt cause it not to start unless it had like mega large injectors and wierd AFM's

just looking for any other clues as to why it wont start

yeah if the ignition is different from standard it could certainly cause it

do you notice anythign different ? mangled turbo timer install etc ?

Yea...under my steering wheel is a huge mess of wiring...the guy that had the car before me had tapped into all kinds of ignition wires for the boost controller and gauge and turbo timer etc...and whoever did the alarm has done a shocking job...but everything works...but could the power fc be fussy about this?

yeah we have seen where the PFC won't crank over as its more fussy about wires, and the circuit etc

look in the FAQ for ECCS, there's some documentation on the ECCS system and how it needs to be setup

the assumption is your ECCS is fine, as it cranks with the stock ECU, but it might yield some clues and where to look

i would try the pfc in another car first, i have a pile of dead r33 PFC's here..... it is actually quite common.

I dont think mines just dead...i think its either faulty or its my car...considering the hand controller and its functions work...and well seem to be working??

yip the fuel pump is working...and its just the standard one so i havent messed around with it yet...the sensor check on the hand controller says its working right too....

Im from auckland in NZ so im trying to find somone i know with an r33 that i can try it on...

Would a shop be able to plug it into a laptop and find out the problem inside the pfc if its faulty?

This is a bit of a disaster...

Edited by R33 0wnerrr

Have you checked your plugs?

Installed a V500 in my 33 and spent hours going through the same crap as you, in the end computer was just pumping in too much fuel and fouled (drowned) the sparkies!!! A bit of trim, new plugs and then a good tune, all was good!

Have you checked your plugs?

Installed a V500 in my 33 and spent hours going through the same crap as you, in the end computer was just pumping in too much fuel and fouled (drowned) the sparkies!!! A bit of trim, new plugs and then a good tune, all was good!

Really? ill check them today...hope its somthing simple like that... fingers crossed!