SAU Community

Police Now Targeting......

Black Turbs

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up about the blitz coming up. On my way to work this morning cruising along within the speed limits I passed a police car going in the oposite direction. Then they do the old U-turn and follow me before pulling me over, it was about 1-30am and its not the first time this has happened. Although it never happened when I was driving the Falcon to work funny enough! So I get the usual RBT and licence check, all ok. Then I get a warning that my exhaust might be a little low, due to my age (31) and work uniform I guess he let it slide. But he did leave me with a warning that they are about to have a blitz on "high performance" cars and I can expect to be pulled over again and checked for defects etc. Basicly told me that I should get all mods engineered. He said they wer'nt really after "car enthusiasts" but more after people that were likely to wrap it around a tree. This is by no means a shot at the police, although its annoying getting pulled over just for driving a Skyline. (I had'nt be pulled over for 10years+ before the Skyline, now twice in 6months in the Skyline) Its just a warning that due to some of the horrific crashes lately it looks like we all have to suffer and just to be prepared for this blitz.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Understood.

I'll leave my sarcasm for another time perhaps.

But...

I do wish the police would spend more time & energy on drug dealers and illegal alcohol sales.

More young lives are destroyed this way than on our roads.

I'd like to see the police adopt a 'we' attitude rather than a 'them Vs us' attitude, by complimenting good driver behaviour.

If the Police Commisioner & Police Minister wish to reduce deaths on the roads, driver education coupled with $$$$$ on adverts by younger superV8 drivers would have more impact.

Young drivers in many ways are to be applauded for spending $$ on their cars rather than drugs.

Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

What part of Sydney was this?

I guess its going to get a little crazy on the weekend, lucky i'll be at AC/DC hitting up a few beers

Understood.

But...

I do wish the police would spend more time & energy on drug dealers and illegal alcohol sales.

I'd like to see the police adopt a 'we' attitude rather than a 'them Vs us' attitude, by complimenting good driver behaviour.

If the Police Commisioner & Police Minister wish to reduce deaths on the roads, driver education coupled with $$$$$ on adverts by younger superV8 drivers would have more impact.

Young drivers in many ways are to be applauded for spending $$ on their cars rather than drugs.

Terry for Premier!!

Well put as always. Lets not forget the thieves as well.

Understood.

But...

Licencing police deal with illegal alcohol sales

Drug squads deal with drug dealers

Get my drift?

I personally would like to see a ban on 24 hour trading for clubs and pubs and the legal drinking age raised from 18 to 21. But each to their own...

I personally would like to see a ban on 24 hour trading for clubs and pubs and the legal drinking age raised from 18 to 21. But each to their own...

:D each to their own indeed....

Thanx for the heads up man :(

omg, why are people so stupid?

Originally we had this awesome thing of "Survival of the fittest" and evolution.

Unfortunately, some gumbyment decided we had to make laws to protect people, and with the introduction of good health care, the f**king morons are allowed to breed.

Add to the fact it's illegal to kill, and all they want to do is breed, they're like wildfire... Out of control and taking over...

Firstly, the Police do focus hugely on drug dealers and the use of drugs. They have a lot of squads to deal with said issues, they have squads that specialize in car theft also. I wouldn't say they focus on the road toll more than drug users. The police force is extremely political at times... some young people have died recently in some horrific crashes, so it's just a knee jerk reaction basically. And really... in the end, it's not that hard to get your car engineered or keep it legal.

# Don't have big f**k off wheels

# 10cm off the ground, is this really that hard? I hate my car lower than this height anyway

# POD in enclosed box

# bov plumbed back

Don't be a smartarse and you won't get done for shit like 'no H sticker' for the gear nob or seatbelt retracting slow etc haha.

Anyone else think this is bullshit and some cops just say this from time to time?

Wether there is a blitz or not, the desired effect has been reached to god knows how many people on this forum...

I wouldn't be against the idea if I was a cop...

Anyone else think this is bullshit and some cops just say this from time to time?

You're not supposed to tell people there's a blitz on. (As a Cop) Fact. Do do they still do it? Yes. But they mostly only tell family or friends etc. Not some randy with an import who you pulled over and didn't even defect... but hey maybe that copper owns an import himself and doesn't want to see this guy get into trouble. Who knows =\

But Terry, don't you know that all cars that have been hotted up somewhat have been done so with illegal drug money? Der!!! Ask any cop. They'll tell you it's true! :D

Firstly, the Police do focus hugely on drug dealers and the use of drugs. They have a lot of squads to deal with said issues, they have squads that specialize in car theft also. I wouldn't say they focus on the road toll more than drug users. The police force is extremely political at times... some young people have died recently in some horrific crashes, so it's just a knee jerk reaction basically. And really... in the end, it's not that hard to get your car engineered or keep it legal.

# Don't have big f**k off wheels

# 10cm off the ground, is this really that hard? I hate my car lower than this height anyway

# POD in enclosed box

# bov plumbed back

Don't be a smartarse and you won't get done for shit like 'no H sticker' for the gear nob or seatbelt retracting slow etc haha.

this guy smells like bacon