SAU Community

Why Is My Skyline So Slow

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with that...g-techs are shite.

10 secs is probably good for a gts4.

the skyline will weigh more than the commodore and would have less grunt...why are you suprised that it is slower?

oh btw stop being a dick on public roads

it was on private property and commodore 1,551 kg and is 197hp and gts4 is 1390 and 197hp.

if your a P plater looking for a fast legal car, you got the wrong one. the skyline is cool, handles well, goes fairly well, IS a SKYLINE (bonus points in itself) etc.

but unfortunately, FWD is king of the traffic light hussle in the P platers world. an SSS/NXR will see 100 in 7s, and a DC2R or DC5R in 6. there are many other similar options.. basically, anything of comparable straight line performance (be it all performance IMO) will either have a turbo or be significantly more expensive.

it was on private property and commodore 1,551 kg and is 197hp and gts4 is 1390 and 197hp.

A GTS-t is that light, not a GTS4.

And commodores are way lighter then 1551KG.

PS: take it to a drag strip and find out.

if your a P plater looking for a fast legal car, you got the wrong one. the skyline is cool, handles well, goes fairly well, IS a SKYLINE (bonus points in itself) etc.

but unfortunately, FWD is king of the traffic light hussle in the P platers world. an SSS/NXR will see 100 in 7s, and a DC2R or DC5R in 6. there are many other similar options.. basically, anything of comparable straight line performance (be it all performance IMO) will either have a turbo or be significantly more expensive.

also i remember reading the N/A supra's do 0-100 in 6's so you can stay rwd and dont have to go to fwd.

A GTS-t is that light, not a GTS4.

And commodores are way lighter then 1551KG.

PS: take it to a drag strip and find out.

thats the right weight for a vt, commodores got heavier and heavier, the light ones are vk's and vl's.

check out this thread for some more info on your car: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/R3...l&p=2163510

edit: also you can watch this:

Well considering NA R33's do quarters in 16-17 second times. A heavier GTS4 that is harder to get off the line with a G-tech telling it did an 18 second pass sounds completely normal. Bad launch, not perfect accuracy G-tech and hello 18 second pass. Honestly i don't see why this is so suprising :)

Edited by PM-R33

realy 16-17??? all my mates who have stock except a cannon and maybe a hi flow cat R33's run 15.5 - 16 nothing reall over 16.5 ???

didnt think one would run 18 but okay take ya word for it

A VT V6 Commodore is rated at 147kw and is rated at running 16.3 second quarters from factory in new condition. Plenty of them do low 17's, high 16's.

A R33 GTS4 is rated at 140kw when new and am pretty sure it weighs more than a V6 Commodore.

Seen plenty of NA R33's do 16 second passes. (Hell a stock GTST with a shit launch and wheel spin will do a mid 15 second pass).

I've driven plenty of V6 Commodores and a couple of NA Skylines. I doubt there is much different between them and after having a few quick reads on the net most people seem to think they are about even in a quarter.

So again, this is a G-tech, it aint 100% accurate. The OP said it was around 18 seconds. So in reality at a drag strip it could be a 17 something in the same conditions. What those conditions are we do not know, they may not have been perfect.

Edited by PM-R33

I have a GTS4, same as u, but approximately X2.2 times more powerful based on the fact that when mine was originally dynoed with just a catback i got 105rwkw and I now have alot more...

First of all, you should not be able to do "skidz" I didn't try to do them in mine as I respect my car, but the best you should get is a slight chirp of the rear wheel(s) - depending if you have an lsd or not...

If you have anymore then this, I don't know how your car passed a rwc with shithouse tyres...

The reasons you should only get a quick chirp are because:

-The car doesn't have alot of power

-When the attessa system (4 wheel DRIVE, not steering - that is called hicas) works out your back wheels are "slipping", it will immediately lower the power to the rear wheels and send some of that power to the front... so your car will stop skidding

-Your probably doing it wrong anyway...

My car was slow aswell... they will always be slow and they are roughly 150 kgs heavier then a standard skyline with all the extra awd stuff... so in the end it turns out your weight is probably closer to the VT's 1500Kgs...

The only other thought I have is... is yours an RB25DE or an RB20DE? this means is your motor 2.5 liter or 2.0 liter? if it is the 2.5, that is normal, if it is the 2.0... well... you might just have one of the slowest skylines in history...

Ive got the GTS4 and stock as a rock except and exhaust, plenty of torque and i wouldn't say its slow, not saying its a weapon but i have no problem with it. AWD or not its still piss easy to get the wheels locked up and spinning in the wet, dry is a different story, tho no sure if my AWD is even working.

1. would not try in the wet

2. When he says skids... i assume smoke and tyre marks... not sliding around in the rain waiting waiting for a poll do lodge itself into the front of the car...

also i remember reading the N/A supra's do 0-100 in 6's so you can stay rwd and dont have to go to fwd.

I wouldnt count on them for a 6... have beat one with a mitsu express van in the past.. actually had a few mates with them also, they were quick, but only when you wringed their necks with an absolute passion. the avg driver got killed by 1.3L charades.

driver and conditions are the major contributors mostly (bad launch etc). I dont see the need to stay rwd either, gay hype. everything has its good points.