SAU Community

Which Is Better.... S1 C34, S2 C34, S1 M35 Or S2 M35.... And Why?

Jetwreck

You twat. Perhaps becuase the RS260 is the benchmark model C34. The M35 VQ25DET is it's latter model counterpart. Where is the GTR engine M35? Mate, im not the only one shotting your thread down. Its silly asking to compare. Lets all compare whos got bigger sticks next time?

Nummers.....you make no sense not including all models.....if you want to make rules go ahead and start your own thread.......I cannot even figure out WTF your going on about!

Yes it makes me look stupid...

Pretty easy for you aye!!!

"lol....me a keyboard warrior???....mate you are barking up the wrong tree big time...." You answerd your own question here...

What the ;) ......again you don't make sense

A M35 owner isn't going to say the C34 is better. 1. Becuase the M35 is more expensive.

:laugh:

"FFS!!! I couldn't give a shit what you or anyone else can afford or not afford." Right this is why I said exclude finances because The owner has made up his mind on what he is goin to buy; "would have bought a C34 becAUse they thought it was superior". Where do i say-In that sentence, 'wouldve have bought a C34 becuase they couldn't afford a M35'. Your hole topic was never about finances and i tried keeping it that way. But some *******8 put his foot right in his own shit- "If I really wanted it I could buy an R35". I persnally don't want to hear people big noting themselves on a internet forum. Nor do i want to see people belitteling others(See below). Such as YOU with the whole spelling. What, you didnt expect a reactment. ( Do you come from a manegerial role? )

.....point taken nummers on the cash thing but I would have to sell the house and downsize to get an R35.....so no I was not big noting myself....but if I did have an R35 would that be big noting myself?....I was having a joke with you nummers.....not belittling....take in any way you want.....and what does my role in business have to do with anything?......the answer is yes and no.....I work for myself....and if I was a manager?....WTF are you getting at nummers!

I Sir, Do not like you. You started this, accept responsibility.

Oh and I thought we were going to be BFF :rofl: .......you need to accept you get PMT!!!....I can accept responsibility......can you explain the whole thought process behind flaming a thread just because you don't like it!

Oh. And you still havn't proven why this comment is innaccurate- ""A M35 owner isn't going to say the C34 is better"."

READ THE OPENING POST NUMMERS :thumbsup:

Edited by Jetwreck

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so....did they cancel the stagea after the M35 because they could not improve on perfection......or because they didn't want to chance making the same sort of mistake again?

lol......I know if I had my time again there would not be an M35 in the garage......more like a RS260.

Right, i said its stupid and that I didn't like it..perhaps even slightly 'flamed' it, but i still had a constructive post. Then all you could do mate, was pick up on a tiny spelling mistake. You must live a very boring life indoors. OH sorry i didn't find your insult funny.

Too where you said, i don't make sense. You said " Me a keyboard warrior????" followed by " Mate your barking up the wrong tree"..YES you are a keyboard warrior.

And what the f**k is this PMT shit your going on about. I dont sit long enough hours behind a computer screen to be up on all your latest 'hip' words.

Hold On guy's on I'm the phone.

Me "Hello F#$KWIT Police!"

F#$KWIT Police "Yeh how can we help?"

Me "got one his online now....somewhere in Redlands, Brisbane"

F#$KWIT Police " Don't worry this one is a repeat offender.....we are onto it"

on another subject :thumbsup:

personally if kids heart could make more M35-> GTR wagon conversion. i'd have one of them ;)

the M35 may look a bit sleeker and moderner, but the modded C34 is the better looking one (full dolphin kit)

personally the stock C34 stagea doesnt look good to me! and the styling of the 260RS is hideous (AND it doesnt have sunrooves).

so in final.

M35 GTR wagon (converted, manual) -> S2 RS4s with a dolphin kit (because u can get sunrooves) - > S2 260RS with a dolphin kit - > M35 with an "NICE" aftermarket kit (manual)

and the rest i cbf mentioning!

thats my 50c :laugh: discussion welcome, flaming not.

Edited by atomaly

so....did they cancel the stagea after the M35 because they could not improve on perfection......or because they didn't want to chance making the same sort of mistake again?

Neither.... it was because the World in its infinite wisdom decided that it loved the SUV... So Nissan went with that.... and they added a HATCH to the V36 range to please those 8 sane people who didn't want an SUV

And what the f**k is this PMT shit your going on about. I dont sit long enough hours behind a computer screen to be up on all your latest 'hip' words.

lol.... PMT = PreMenstrual Tension

If you think that getting married means castration I actually, truly feel sorry for you. If you are that scared to get married for fear of not being able to control your woman... well... maybe castration wouldn't affect you very much :thumbsup:

lol.... PMT = PreMenstrual Tension

If you think that getting married means castration I actually, truly feel sorry for you. If you are that scared to get married for fear of not being able to control your woman... well... maybe castration wouldn't affect you very much :laugh:

LMFAO :thumbsup:;)

on another subject :)

personally if kids heart could make more M35-> GTR wagon conversion. i'd have one of them :blink:

You and most other Stagea owners are probably already aware of this, but I read a blog this morning on the M35 GTR Wagon, and apparently they can fully make one for a client for the $10,000 mark. (My guess that's US dollar)

Kids Heart will make one of these GT-R franken-wagons exactly to your specifications as long as you've got the money. As Kids Heart CEO Masakazu Takayama explains, "Cars are used for transportation from Point A to Point B, but they can also be our toys. When you play with toys as an adult, then you have a Kids Heart."

article link: http://www.insideline.com/nissan/gt-r/2009...kids-heart.html

Not to bad if you got the spare cash. With the amount of money I saved on buying my 250t instead of an Axis, I could actually afford it... It's a shame that money is better spent elsewhere lol.

That GTR would be a nice conversion but you want to be sure you have the performance to go with it. The car they did this conversion on was not the turbo version.

Nothing worse that a car that is all dressed up like a weapon and goes no better than a Mazda 121.

Mmmmm Once we get this ECU sorted it would be worth the money if you like that look.

I like the old volvo.....and it would deprive my kids hours of jokes about driving a volvo...LOL

You and most other Stagea owners are probably already aware of this, but I read a blog this morning on the M35 GTR Wagon, and apparently they can fully make one for a client for the $10,000 mark. (My guess that's US dollar)

article link: http://www.insideline.com/nissan/gt-r/2009...kids-heart.html

Not to bad if you got the spare cash. With the amount of money I saved on buying my 250t instead of an Axis, I could actually afford it... It's a shame that money is better spent elsewhere lol.

Sorry to disappoint you Chris, but Kids Heart do NOT intend to sell them at all.

I did ask them directly (lol) out of curiosity, but you can also read this in the forum on their website.

Even if they did, I doubt it would be for $10kUSD... mainly because they use genuine R35 panels/bonnet/bar (and lights obv) for the front and make up their own side and rear parts for the rest of the kit. Also, take note of the R35 style exhaust. Difficult to do with an AWD M35.

It was purely done as use as a marketing tool.... which works bloody well IMO :)

i personally dont think you can include the RS260 C24 in a comparison to M35s. its basically a gtr wagon, no such model exists in the M35 range.

so that model aside, compare each model with their respective counterpart. take looks out of the picture because we will NEVER agree.

compare the rest, youll have to agree that the M35 wins on most comparisons. there is a reason for that. there is 6-10 years of technology change in M35s.

so whoever asked the question originally, go drive them all, and tell us what YOU decided.

Sorry to disappoint you Chris, but Kids Heart do NOT intend to sell them at all.

I did ask them directly (lol) out of curiosity, but you can also read this in the forum on their website.

Even if they did, I doubt it would be for $10kUSD... mainly because they use genuine R35 panels/bonnet/bar (and lights obv) for the front and make up their own side and rear parts for the rest of the kit. Also, take note of the R35 style exhaust. Difficult to do with an AWD M35.

It was purely done as use as a marketing tool.... which works bloody well IMO :)

*sigh*

I never really thought into it that much. I was blinded by its awesomeness...

Oh well, I'm happy with mine regardless.

i personally dont think you can include the RS260 C24 in a comparison to M35s. its basically a gtr wagon, no such model exists in the M35 range.

so that model aside, compare each model with their respective counterpart. take looks out of the picture because we will NEVER agree.

compare the rest, youll have to agree that the M35 wins on most comparisons. there is a reason for that. there is 6-10 years of technology change in M35s.

so whoever asked the question originally, go drive them all, and tell us what YOU decided.

Thankyou. :)

I'll agree the M35 in most cases is better. But personally i prefer the C34, mostly because of the stock shape.

Hold On guy's on I'm the phone.

Me "Hello F#$KWIT Police!"

F#$KWIT Police "Yeh how can we help?"

Me "got one his online now....somewhere in Redlands, Brisbane"

F#$KWIT Police " Don't worry this one is a repeat offender.....we are onto it"

Ever thought of doing stand up? Didn't think so.

and thats fine, i personally dont like the shape of the C34. but thats MY opinion. it isnt right or wrong.

i actually think the M35 in stock trim (base model RS/RX) looks boring. hence why i got an aero selection, put some ARX wheels and a 'nismo' grill to change it slightly.

iamhe77 has done an even better looks adjustment to his!

I think some people confused the title of the thread to read "Which one do you prefer?". I also noted that a good half of this thread was something about a pot and a kettle...

I'll try to answer it as factually as possible.

In some things, it does depend on what you would consider to be "better". But if we go with the "more is better" theory for most stuff, then the M35 is pretty much the better car in almost every way.

However, there are a few caveats.

Obviously the M35 S1 does not come in manual. I believe the S2 does come in manual, but loses AWD (correct me if I'm wrong guys).

The M35 also has fewer aftermarket parts available, and less EXTREME modification potential (seriously, you can get an exhaust, bigger turbo, tuning, boost controller, already has FMIC - can fit bigger one easily - how many of you actually have more than this on your C34?).

Thats about it.

Other than this, the M35 has:

• (excluding 260RS)
  • same if not more power
  • bucketloads more torque (at same revs)
  • 1 extra gear in the auto
  • bigger wheels
  • FMIC rather than SMIC
    (vs all C34's including 260RS)
  • more legroom in rear seats
  • more boot space
  • more interior space in general
  • longer wheelbase
  • better front/rear weight ratio
  • better handling - due to above weight ratio and also engine moved back behind front wheels (advanced front midship configuration) *not sure how it compares to 260RS handling
  • boot opens in less space, also has semi-hatch window
  • better safety design
  • better aerodynamics
  • better suspension - designed specifically for wagon
  • reduced road/wind/engine noise

There's probably a whole lot more - but I just went through the list in the M35 Info sticky...

The C34 S2 is a slight upgrade from the C34 S1 and has noticeably more power and torque. I'm not talking about preferences here, just the facts.

I've been in a C34 S1, I owned a C34 S2 for 2 years, and have owned the M35 S1 for over 1 year. How many of you guys have owned both? They are all great cars...but there has to be a winner.

If I had to choose between them, obviously I'd go with the M35. Being newer, and with newer technology etc it has its advantages. Lets face it - Nissan didn't go and make a worse stagea to replace the C34. The C34 is a fantastic car, the M35 is just better.

However, there are many reasons you might prefer the C34 over the M35. Just because the M35 is better on paper doesn't mean its better FOR YOU. I can certainly say it is several notches up in terms of ride quality and refinement...but maybe you're the type of person who doesn't want a well-refined luxury wagon and would prefer the sporty appeal of the C34...or the superior raw performance of the 260RS.

Edited by pixel8r