SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

did you replace it??

i dunno why they have to be oem, i had a look at the handle when it snapped and their weak as shit, so i made a stainless steel ring that i would weld onto the pin that the handle sits on. but noooooo has to be oem

no need to replace. I just cracked the handle off the cable sleeve. Just screwed it back into place and works the same. The handle is still attached to the metal cable so works. Its just broken off the cable sleeve (which is what the nut joins to)

What crack have you been smoking? The going rate for labour is normally $80+ per hour, they probably pay their workers less than $25 per hour but I don't know any stupid enough to charge so little.

lol don't get your knickers in a twist. I'm used to paying $25 an hour cos I just pay the mechanic's wages for the day. Mind you I have to tee up with the mechanic about 2 months beforehand cos obviously they don't make a profit on any work they do for me so other jobs get priority.

I pay whatever it costs the business for all the consumables, fluids and parts, and the mechanic's labour for the full day, i'll usually get lunch and brekky for the boys as well. They ring me up whenever they need cars or parts imported, or they need help troubleshooting a skyline. Plus I go in on the weekends and do all their invoices, ISO certification, insurance and all that shit for them, so I make up for it in my own way.

I only get em to do major work anyways. I do all the minor services at home.

I know that car. Had a chat with the owner when he was walking back to the car in the carpark at Alice Springs hospital. Offered to buy it off him about 3 years ago for about $800, but then CBF'd when I realised that I needed to drive a clunker from Alice to Melb.

Virgin boy you're a deadset dropkicked retard if you buy something that old. You have enough issues with a car that's 20 years old, you think you'll be any better off with something older?

www.revzone.com.au for a second quote.

Did my 200k service. I was down there last week and they had a r35 GTR with the engine pulled out. Engine has to come out when upgrading turbos as the manifold is attached to the turbos

Will do thanks

Hey guys wheres the thread for the saturday night cruise (19/2/11) i cant find it?

its for financial members only...cant drive with us but if u know anyone who is a financial member then u can come as a passenger.. :)

lol PMed him waiting for reply :D

Revzone

Racepace

Femno

Wonder which will be cheaper I'm stingy / poor :D

well none will be cheap per se, as we were discussing earlier all up ur looking close to 2k no matter what. If ur brake pads need changing a bit over. All depends on if there are any issues with ur car further to the standard checks, fluid changes, filter, spark and belt changes etc. There's no way to know for sure till uve started and sussed it all out :P

will believe it when I see a pic of you holding up a wad of cash from the sale as your FB profile pic.

I'm not putting up a pic of me holding a wad of cash lol.. Only lebs do that, I'm not Leb brooooo