SAU Community

Precision Billet Turbos

What brand and size are your wastegates Simon?

Single Freddy 50mm

3 laps or 30 minute sessions?

Coffee shop about 2 min away :-P

But you are right, car does last very well but I don't normally push it for more than 7 min at a time

• Like 1

Finally had the tune...

So stoked for the little rb25 with 647 hp @ wheels on 28psi.

It actually comes on the converter 200rpm sooner than the to4z.

I need cooler plugs and a bigger wastegate and it should make 700hp pretty easy as the 647 was with early shut off cos of break down and boost creep. image_11.jpg

• Like 2

I am about to go down the 6262 (0.63 rear) path on my rb25. I'm chasing 280kw ish low boost and 320 - 350kw high boost. Engine is built and has supporting mods. Just unsure as to what gate pressure I should run for low boost. Fuel will be 98. Was thinking between 16-18psi low and 20-22psi high.

hard to say. with the .63 rear you will have to run more boost to make those numbers.

maybe I'm wrong but 19-20 psi on petrol should ballpark in the 280kw region. If that's what you want to achieve

I am about to go down the 6262 (0.63 rear) path on my rb25. I'm chasing 280kw ish low boost and 320 - 350kw high boost. Engine is built and has supporting mods. Just unsure as to what gate pressure I should run for low boost. Fuel will be 98. Was thinking between 16-18psi low and 20-22psi high.

Small rear housing plus 98 isn't a very good idea imo.. I made 288kw on a GTX 3071 on 98. Id look at something smaller than a 6262 for 280kw.

That kinda power can be had on a stock lowmount position kinda turbo.

Big $$$ changing manifolds and plumbing up EWG etc for a laggy 280kw - 350kw IMO.

Edited by Mick_o

I drove a supra locally here that makes 350kw @ 16psi on a gt3582 with a 0.63 housing on 98. Looking to make 320kw+ in the high boost region, so it must be able to get there if the 3L can do it without it choking. If I have to run a little more boost to get there I will. Just trying to work out what spring I should be running in the gate for low boost to roughly get in the 280kw area.

5858 0.84