SAU Community

Precision Billet Turbos

holy short gearing!

Not really, that would be 1:1 (4th gear) on a 4.1-4.3 diff.

Youve been looking at GTR graphs too much zeeb lol.

And yes, thats a nice result. Good to see them making respectable power at decent boost levels.

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever it may be it won't be higher than E85, can't tell you exactly because I don't know.

Anyway, reason for the post was to point out power vs boost on this one.

Edited by PJ.

fair enough...but a random YouTube vid with a vague description doesn't prove anything...for all we know the car has a 100 shot of gas.

I don't mean to sound cynical but for every good Precision result there seems to be a bad one too.

I dont doubt they are a good turbo...but they are no better than Garrett/BW/MHI etc

they all have good and bad points, But I really hate people jumping up and down about how good X brand turbo is.

Well good news Zebra, I happened to be there that day for a HPI shoot and guess what, there was no gas. Well actually there could have been, but I didn't check under the dash for a sneaky Pete bottle...

It was pointed out earlier that they don't seem to make power on "reasonable" boost levels so I demonstrated a couple of cases that show the opposite. No jumping up and down here.

The precisions will want a lot of boost and you are risking your factory motor in the event of a minor fauxpas. For 400kw you will want to look at a 3788R, it is the replacement for 35Rish spool and more than T04Z power. You must run it in its twin scroll form.

ha,

my old man's 32 GTR is making 500hp @ the wheels on a measly 19psi with a stock bottem end and straight 98 from the bowser on a precision 6262. and this was done with the biggest heap of shit exhaust maniold which is a hks low mount cast log style. sick of seeing people whinge about how these turbos need like 40psi to make power and just by reading reviews from other people saying they are shit becuase they probley dont have the correct supporting mods to reap the full bennifit of the turbo.

^ A lot of people don't seem to understand that often when dyno results rely on lots of boost to make numbers its often the engine/boltons combination which isn't up to it, as opposed to the turbo itself... though the element of truth to the likes of PT6262s "needing lots of boost" is that they do come into their own at really high boost levels, naturally using a decent fuel to help the engine stay happy at those boost levels.

Hypothetically speaking, if a GT35R could hit 450kw on E85 and a PT6262 hit 500kw on the same engine with E85 - both on 2+bar of boost, wouldn't mean that if you ran both turbos on pump gas using 20psi you'd make 10+% more power with the PT6262.... more likely you'd make about the same.

ha,

my old man's 32 GTR is making 500hp @ the wheels on a measly 19psi with a stock bottem end and straight 98 from the bowser on a precision 6262. and this was done with the biggest heap of shit exhaust maniold which is a hks low mount cast log style. sick of seeing people whinge about how these turbos need like 40psi to make power and just by reading reviews from other people saying they are shit becuase they probley dont have the correct supporting mods to reap the full bennifit of the turbo.

Mind = Blown

Yes lithium, correct. But at the end of the day wouldent you rather a turbo that has the "same performance" as a 35r on mild boost and pump fuel, but if you ever wanted to switch over to e85 and crank some in it that it's ready to make numbers, not having to change to a larger turbo setup.

Exhibit A- the guy who was disappointed about his 5557 result and all you guys saying it was a shit result and a bad turbo for pump fuel, and it ended up him having a collapsed muffer. Hahahahh made me laugh how you's are quick to point the finger.

Anyway your loss is my gain. We are all more then happy with the turbos.