SAU Community

Precision Billet Turbos

i would strongly advise you to get your tune checked out after to ensure everything is okay.

had my car done twice there only to find issues with the tune afterwards and ended up costing me more money in the end to fix up his mistakes.

from what i understand is UNIQUE tuned ur car and not Chea from Powertune. They only fixed what another workshop screwed up on ur car and uploaded a base map for u to run ur engine in with. The kinked oil return line could of been one of a few things that ruined ur "used" standard turbo, which they would of fixed if u brang that up with them and that was the case.

Edited by AH_HUH

That's the invisible block and Precision PJ-spec turbo.

The dyno video was made by a friend of mine in digital production so what you see there didn't really happen. :)

lol I did notice that CGI is very good these days

from what i understand is UNIQUE tuned ur car and not Chea from Powertune. They only fixed what another workshop screwed up on ur car and uploaded a base map for u to run ur engine in with. The kinked oil return line could of been one of a few things that ruined ur "used" standard turbo, which they would of fixed if u brang that up with them and that was the case.

lol I did notice that CGI is very good these days

Sorry I jumped the gun and linked the wrong video. Where's the one where you do 3 runs or so, ending with a nighttime burnout pass??

so what did the powertune r34 gtr with the 7175 billet on it make powerwise? the powercruise youtube vid is impressive to say the least....

at powercruise the car was on 600kw. since then its been turned up to 700kw.

So..... anyone got anymore results with these turbos?

PJ??? anyone?

also wat was the rear housing size on the precision billet 7175 used on the white r34 gtr

i want to go a 6765 divided for street and the exact 7175 used on the powertune 34 for show, race n dyno

besides the difference in physical size, the difference between a 6765 and a 7175 is only about 75hp.

at powercruise the car was on 600kw. since then its been turned up to 700kw.

besides the difference in physical size, the difference between a 6765 and a 7175 is only about 75hp.

hmmmmm interesting... guess its only a 40hp difference with the new 6766 out with the claimed 35hp increase

wat would u estimate spool difference be between the 6765 and your 7175?

i much rather 1000prm better response than 50 odd hp

Nah I'm all good mate just havin a play around. Although I am looking forward to when they bring out VV Billit wheeled turbos, so I can sit on here reading about you and gtscott jerking each other off while throwing hair straightners at the computer screen.

No way, I wouldn't write about that shit. I'd be too busy writing about how awesome Precision Turbos are! Same same though isn't it? Pulling dicks and feminine products :)

I'm all for the product being awesome, I even inquired about buying one at one stage and helped a friend with a rotor build using one that I recommended to him. What I'm not for is random troll kents posting random hearsay on an otherwise fact based and truth seeking forum.

The forum is built on facts mate, if the facts aren't there you will get knocked down until you put them forward. Search for the words 'china ebay turbo' and watch the all out slander that you can find, but then look at the Kando Dynamic thread and see one guys full build and proof of an Ebay China product and how everyone came to know and respect what that turbo was capable of.

By all means tell us how good your shit is, but back it up. Not everyone is smart enough to be a skeptic, but every smart person is skeptical without proof or backing.

the think with the yanks is that 2 years ago 70% of US drag cars were using those Master Power turbos...there are as many Fad/Flavor of the month turbo setups over there that I cant keep up.

I actually give the Yanks a lot more credit than your typical Oz/Kiwi folks in terms of researching and choosing turbo choices based on sensible thought instead of fad - I don't know when this 70% of US drag cars using Master Power turbos came from, I'd have guessed they'd be predominantly Precision/Garrett/Borg Warner 2 years ago and argueably most years before then too.

I would be really happy to see a back to back run on that S14 with a 6262 and a 35R at the same boost...then if the 6262 shat all over it I would be happy to say that the Precision stuff is better...Infact I even looked at buying one instead of the T78...but we all have our preferences

Picking an equivalent boost level won't necessarily give a fair representation, if the GT35R has more flow in it (ie, the flow of the SR20 is the power restricting factor) expecting a PT6262 to make more power could be futile.

I actually give the Yanks a lot more credit than your typical Oz/Kiwi folks in terms of researching and choosing turbo choices based on sensible thought instead of fad - I don't know when this 70% of US drag cars using Master Power turbos came from, I'd have guessed they'd be predominantly Precision/Garrett/Borg Warner 2 years ago and argueably most years before then too.

Picking an equivalent boost level won't necessarily give a fair representation, if the GT35R has more flow in it (ie, the flow of the SR20 is the power restricting factor) expecting a PT6262 to make more power could be futile.

thats a rather good point actually :) and given that I think there has been only a handful of RB results, and comparing an Angry VVL headed SR22 to a stockish RB/JZ isnt a good comparision...I would say that PJ's SR would be the best test bed to max the turbos...I mean the thing makes over 800hp at the crank.

I thought I wrote in the mater power bit that I was referring to the "budget" v8 turbo guys (fox mustangs etc)...Mustve missed it :closedeyes:

POST FROM SUPRA FORUMS SOUND PERFORMANCE TESTING THE NEW 6266.

Craig's Supra:

Precision 6266 CEA Billet .81 A/R

3.4L Stroker with 9.5:1 CR

Kelford 274 cams

Port/Polished Head

Hypertune Intake Manifold

843whp 844wtq 29psi

300wtq @ 3000rpm

Peak Torque @ 4800rpm

Peak Power @ 5300rpm

Steady Power through 7800rpm redline!

*Note: This is NOT the final number!!

Wait until I get a video up, it's ridiculous how fast this things rips through the dyno.

:O

They are only a 700hp turbo yeah?

Kinda sums up what I was saying about dubious results.

Consider the RB26 R32 GTR in the build section makes 440rwks (just shy of 600hp) at 23-24psi with the same turbo

2530's are rated to 320hp yeah? :whistling:

Its never ending this argument results will vary hugely depending on supporting mods..

An head with valves, well spec cams and porting is always going to make more power than a stock port wrong spec cam'd head..

Nothing is created equal with enough time and money anything is possible..

They are only a 700hp turbo yeah?

Kinda sums up what I was saying about dubious results.

/ sums up the fact you might need to open your mind a little? Turbos have been pushed beyond their ratings for fricken ages, the rating isn't some magical number when suddenly the power stops growing past that point regardless of what fuel, boost, or extra charging (ie, NOS) you throw at it... its just a number based on a few assumptions to give a rough indication of how it fits on a scale.

The video I put up on this thread of a street EVO running an 8s run was using a PT6262 to make over 700whp, which if was a happy dyno result wouldn't have been doing 8s with full interior I suspect. A PT6266 is the higher flowing upgrade over the old PT6265, which is the size up from what the 8s EVO is running. Hearing 800+whp on a modded 3.4litre running 29psi doesn't shock me tbh.

My mind is open to that...or I wouldnt be telling people that they WILL make over 400rwkws with -5s on a 26.

700hp I would believe...not 850, Im sure I have said it in this thread to, in that when I see a yank dyno result I pull 100hp off it and it seems to be fairly accurate, So yes 750rwhp is entirely possible from a turbo rated at 720hp, on a engine on good fuel with excellent VE

Quick edit - while im not trying to start a shit fight cause I cbf.

look at the Sierra Sierra EVO, COSWORTH build and tuned motor with a EFR 9179 turbo makes 850awhp.

nur33's R32 has a HKS T62R (1200hp) and makes similar and that thing has the best of everything

I just cant see a 62mm/700hp turbo making that much power, especially with one of the smaller turbine housings fitted.

the 6266 looks to be a brilliant turbo and had these results came out 2 weeks ago i wouldve grabbed on instead of the T78