SAU Community

Precision Billet Turbos

OK- was wondering what you'd refer to as Simon has made 410kw on a Dynapack, which read similar to the Dynojets. DD read LOWER than most, doesn't make them more accurate - but it helps to know which scale you are talking on.

Given 700-750whp on a Dyno Dynamics and 800-850hp on a Dynojet/Dynapack (difference isn't really quite THAT much, but for sake of discussion we'll roll with that) mean pretty much the same thing to all of us, thats an epic result from a turbo that size!

The other issue is...if it was on a dynojet/other american dyno...its whether its configured to convert to crank hp, or just read the straight rwhp levels, from memory they can be configured to do either, which is why some results vary so much. I have read stories on some of the yank v8 forums of a car rolling out after a tune on X dyno, going across the street to Y dyno and losing 80odd HP

I try to use DD results, as they are kind of like an industry standard here in aus because there are so many of them.

My mind is open to that...or I wouldnt be telling people that they WILL make over 400rwkws with -5s on a 26.

Didnt Mark Berry make 450awkw on -5? Again the last 50kw is what cost money

700hp I would believe...not 850, Im sure I have said it in this thread to, in that when I see a yank dyno result I pull 100hp off it and it seems to be fairly accurate, So yes 750rwhp is entirely possible from a turbo rated at 720hp, on a engine on good fuel with excellent VE

Quick edit - while im not trying to start a shit fight cause I cbf.

look at the Sierra Sierra EVO, COSWORTH build and tuned motor with a EFR 9179 turbo makes 850awhp.

You cant compare 2 different types of engine let alone 2 of the same engine with varying VE. One which was developed in the late 80's and one that was built after 2005....

nur33's R32 has a HKS T62R (1200hp) and makes similar and that thing has the best of everything

best of everything doesnt mean its right!

I just cant see a 62mm/700hp turbo making that much power, especially with one of the smaller turbine housings fitted.

the 6266 looks to be a brilliant turbo and had these results came out 2 weeks ago i wouldve grabbed on instead of the T78

Unlucky!

One member from supra forums ran 9.9sec in a full weight supra on a factory built auto (6265) 6months ago this new version was always going to do good things..

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?633847-Na-t-6265-new-best-9.99-133&highlight=6265

Here's a heavy as soarer with a power sapping Turbo400 running 9's with a 6265 and 640rwhp

You need to be a member to view.

Ill look for the supra thread later..

Na-t, 6265 new best 9.99@133

Just got home from the drags. Got a few runs in and finally hit a high 9. I previously had a best of 10.1x on a pair of 265/40/18 mt dr's on is350 wheels with a 1.6x time. A good buddy of mine let me borrow his M&H dr's and I was able to cut a little better 60 foot. Just enough to squeak a 9.99 on my last pass during bracket. I was very happy to say the least.

Boost was a solid 30 psi and I launched with around 15psi as anything more would have massive tire spin. I honestly didnt think this little 62mm turbo had a 9 in it, but I am pleased to say it does!

Time slip consists of.

60' 1.527

330' 4.206

1/8 6.428

mph 110.33

1000' 8.357

1/4 9.994

mph 133.61

not sure why the low mph as the car was trapping 137-138 all night? My buddy that was filming went home early so I didnt get any footage of the car running the 9.99. I did however get the in car video with a gopro of that pass. Before he left for the night he had filmed a few 10.0x passes. I am uploading the video's on youtube at the moment, as I finish I will post the link here on this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

So.....Differences between the 6266 and the 6265? is the former just an update? price differences and what Split T4 rear housing should I be looking for on a 1JZ? was thinking 1.00a/r?

Or Should I look at a 6262?

The PT6266 has an updated higher flowing turbine wheel, not aware of any other differences.

Here's a dyno plot from an EVO running cams which are on the mild side for this kind of power (probably good part of the reason the power doesn't keep going to higher rpm), 35psi on E85 with more to give with more tuning... which should be done this week.

This is a 2.2 litre with a T4 open turbine housing:

EvoNASTY.jpg

Because of the natural "blargh American dynos are BS" I take the liberty to provide some very conservative calculations to give what it should make - at least, on a Dyno Dynamics at equivalent rpm:

4000 - 125kw

4500 - 225kw

5000 - 363kw

5500 - 412kw

6000 - 535kw

6500 - 555kw

7000 - 561kw

7500 - 555kw

8000 - 528kw

8500 - 509kw

Over 2500rpm with 500+awkw, its pretty insane imho. Look forward to seeing what it does with more boost, even though its beyond what any of us would normally push :)

For what its worth, both of them would be a heap better than the T78 haha. But yeah, with a 7200rpm limit I'd be looking at a PT6262 at most.

How much are you looking at spending? Have you considered a GT3586R-HTA from Forced Performance? They are very very cool turbos...

Hahaha If I had the money I wanted to have I would get something with fancy ball bearings etc...but alas I am poor atm...so spending around the 1200 mark....still considering a BW airwerks but they are even bigger physically than the T78-33d lol

So yeah...6262 with the .84 split rear...had a look at some results on the net, but they are all dissapointing (car setup not turbo + tiny open t3 housings) but even with just a AFC and injectors they are making 400+hp on around 20psi and PULP

which is fine by me...not fantastic but gives me hope that a decent tune will net 400 DD hp on less boost.

If it doesn't I will forever keep rubbishing PT turbos lol

Oh - you are getting a plain bearing PT? OK yeah, if size is an issue then the PT6262 is probably the best value for money turbo thats going to make a good amount of power. Otherwise a BW or a Holset unit would be brilliant.

looking forward to it, as per ryan1200's advise, and Me loving stupid amounts of power I am now confuzzled as to getting the 6262 or 6266

Logic says 6262 for a street 1JZ....only if they can supply a larger housing for it, (the 1.00 a/r twin scroll would be good)

However the a/r ratio means nothing if the .84 precision housing is of a larger frame than say a GT35R?

Anyone know?