SAU Community

What Are Dr30 Hot Plates Really Worth?

D-limo

Hey guys,

Just wondering what early and late model hot plate tail lights go for these days. I'll be in the market for some soon to replace the faded S1 hotplates on my DR.

Like can excellent condition S2 lights still go for $400 like I've heard and read. Is 200-250 fair for good condition ones?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at that price . $200 to $250 GRAB em.

its a buyers market, but also really low supply.

dont turf out your old ones either. theyre still goood for track, or re-sell to another fanatic! there was a point in time where i would of bought anything...

there are 3 stlyes for hotplates

red S1, grey S1, and clear S2

S2 are the shiz

ps

that stone tray i had for ya was ratshit, sorry i dint let you know

Can get ones in attached pic or similar for around $250 without too much hassle.

Thing is I really prefer the early model ones. They seem much harder to come by in good condition.

I never noticed there were 3 types :O

No prob on the stone tray mate :P

post-15238-1269736158_thumb.jpg

Edited by D-limo

at that price . $200 to $250 GRAB em.

its a buyers market, but also really low supply.

dont turf out your old ones either. theyre still goood for track, or re-sell to another fanatic! there was a point in time where i would of bought anything...

there are 3 stlyes for hotplates

red S1, grey S1, and clear S2

S2 are the shiz

Where you get this startling piece of information from?

You found this on the back of your Corn Flakes packet I presume????????????

And the S1 all over red that shine hot plate are worth diddly squat, yet the S2's are worth whatever someone is prepared to pay for them.

I recently bought a pair of S2's in from Japan for a person that shall remain nameless and they cost me about $300 delivered and they were in mint condition.

Be aware that the S2 lights, don't fit straight up into an S1 like you have Jarryd, they fit in the same hole, but the wiring connections are different.

Other than what you currently have (all red) I'm sure you will find the grey background/clear covered come from S2 DR & the black background/clear covered come from S2 HR & MR JDM vehicles and these go for AU$250 - $400.

Cheers, D

J, The clear over grey are DR S2 and the all over red (S1), the second pic, the ones you want don't draw to much attention so you should get them cheaper, but finding them in good nick is going to be your problem. If the ones you show were available, I would have bid on them and try to find a match later.

Cheers, D

Ive got pics of the early type that are black with red circles, if they arent factory i can only assume they were altered, like night shades or similar painted on with the circle section taped off...

CBF'd looking for them though, too busy forking down these cornflakes... nom nom nom

finished my cornflakes!

AND

I can confirm there are 4 types of hotplates.

2 i the series 1, and 2 in the series 2

Series 1:

red circles moulded into red outer cover

red circles moulded into black outer cover

Series 2:

red circles moulded into grey inner section with clear cover

red circles moulded into black inner section with clear cover (see ebay... one going for 130 USD)

post-32896-1270090485_thumb.jpg

Well sir! You have finally fallen on your sword?lol

I wonder if you would consider the following as evidence to your claims as well.

And just for the record, these black S1 tail lights DO NOT appear in any JDM sales brochure I have and not in the Nismo Special Parts, or Jenesis, or Nissan option parts brochures either.

Cheers, D

post-2962-1270389171_thumb.jpg

post-2962-1270389315_thumb.jpg

post-2962-1270389531_thumb.jpg

post-2962-1270389589_thumb.jpg

And Mags, this is a picture of the SAME car you show as an example of these black tail lights you are so fond to prove me wrong about, but from a diferent angle.

You may recognise the car in the background?

Cheers, D

post-2962-1270390125_thumb.jpg

post-2962-1270390189_thumb.jpg

And the gentleman in picture 2 in the block of 4 pictures, just happens to be 66yostagea.

The car that you so diligently show as proof to these black S1 lights your so wanting to prove exist, is Harry's old car hrd-hr30 on this very forum. The car is now owned by Patrick Hastings in Newcastle and it was looked at by Hugh & myself at Harry's home in Queensland during one of my many visits, back in 2006 and I have over 30 pictures of it.

The car in the background of the above 2 pics, just happens to be a V8 Toyota Cressida carrying NSW rego DWG-666 that you know well, at that time having Lexus LS400 wheels.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm penny for your thoughts ????????????????????????????????????

D

not sure exactly what model my lights are but the have red rings and the rest is pretty clear (off an R31 1988 Ti) they are in really good nic with no cracks fading etc, and im just going to rally my R31 and probly smash them anyway, so if anyone wants to buy/swap with mine give me PM