SAU Community

Project R34

i hope my apexi AX53B70 turbo makes similar power to this on the stock cams

btw i like the gauge install, how did u mount them like that? custom brackets? got any pics?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry mate, I didn't include Falken Azenis that we use at track days! On standard rubber in its previous form, we have managed a 1.06.03 from this car, so we are hoping that sub 60 is within reach. If everything falls into place, it will be ready for the next track day to find out!

I have to agree with the others, sub 60 sec is a big commitment in a road reg car even with the best conditions. Good luck with the project. I will be watching with interest.

Been sourcing the kit for the 34 and just getting used to the new set up..

_CZ_9747.jpg

Also have purchased the new bonnet. Gone with the ADR approve Blits one. Should arrive tomorrow!

blitsbodykitsnissanr33bonnet1.jpg

Also going to QR for Time Attack tomorrow, be our first chance to really wind it up. Be interesting to see how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

After a shakedown at QR, we found that the factory inlet to the turbo was heating up and constricting, limiting air flow. So Ivan and the guys at Hi Power Racing manufactured a new inlet pipe and here are the results.

To say that we are pleased would be a massive understatement!

377.8HP @1.5 bar. :P

img-526083613-0002.jpg

We have also started on the suspension, replacing the links & bushes with Nismo items.

DSC_3133_800p.jpg

The red front bar is just to keep it all legal until the new one arrives!

DSC_3139_800p.jpg

Snozzle, we pinched that cluster out of our red R34 and it came like that from Japan, so sorry mate - no extra details on that one unfortunately!

The boost is all over the place yet such a good figure of power :)

Ivan has explained to me that the boost drop is due to us retaining the standard manifold - that keeps things interesting!

That was also just a run in Shootout mode to see what we could get out of it, here are the tuning runs.

img-526083614-0003.jpg

img-526083611-0001.jpg

As in standard exhaust manifold? I'm running the standard exhaust manifold on my GTRS and it holds boost fine with a slight drop towards redline of a couple of psi. With your HKS EVC I would have thought you could get it to hold perfectly.

Is there any adjustability in the Nismo arms?

It doesnt look like there is any at all.

No adjustment in the Nismo arms, the geometry of the setup is designed for performance driving. Trying to get a balance between performance and comfort, while keeping the car road legal.

have you got any runs with the AFR's on it?

No runs with the AFR's that I have seen, but the guys at HPR should have them somewhere. I'll try to track them down.

Got the car back and just went for the first run with the extra neddies and new suspension components... is good.

It felt quick before, but you get a really good shove from it now. Even more importantly, you are coming on boost at 2800rpm and it winds straight out to 1.6bar and the engine just spins out to the redline.

The whole car feels very solid mid corner and it particularly impressive coming out the other side, really getting the power through to the ground.

Will be getting on to the bodywork next...

DSC_3230_copy.jpg

DSC_3287%20copy.jpg

DSC_3268%20copy.jpg