SAU Community

Driving?

jjskyline79

Don't want to sound like a winging pohm, im sorry but whats the crack with your driving out here????

I've lived and worked in few places around the world including Spain that I considered one of the worst places to drive, until I come here.

OK i'm not the best driver in the world ill openly admit that and a lot of this is written tongue in cheek so dont ALL get on your high horse ALL at once as you guys are some of the nicest people in the world but that goes out the window as soon as your behind the wheel of a car.

Jeez us im going down the freeway @ 100k (limit) IN THE SLOW LANE GOING PASSED A CAMERA might i add and someone comes up behind me and wanting me to speed up and get out the way!! is it too hard to over take? When they do over take they shout and curse im going too slow yet dont speed up themself and over take me a 1 or 2 k faster wtf I've also seen people try and over take in the hard shoulder too!!!!!

I pull up to a junction too turn left and a car, coming from the left thinks it can own both side of the road and cuts the corner off and drives up MY side of the road stright for me forcing me to stop and let them into there drive. She Didnt even bat an eyelid to what could have been a nasty head on smash that id rather not re live thanks.

I'm in a car park, go to reverse into a space and someone pulls up behind me and stops me reversing. I wouldnt mind as sometimes peoples intentions arnt all that clear but the angle of the car the empty space the reverse lights and the fact i was actually going backwards as there come up might just give a hint to what im trying to do

Dose indicating not mean anything over here? Seems if you do you should ignore it and if you dont you should take a wild guess coz the guy behind needs to be some where pritty quick and your holding him up.

Same goes for red lights I thought red was STOP and green was GO please correct me if im wrong

Oh and whats the deal with not saying thanks if I give you right of way. Is it too hard too flash your lights or stick your thumb up or even give a nod? Nope you just drive passed blank face fixated on the road. Should I be more selfish and arrogant?

And theres this wonderful thing called a mirror. I would really look into finding out how it works your be amazed.

Guy beside me in the fast lane im doing 80k car infront of me by about 1.5 car lengths also doing 80k, car in fast lane staggered in front of me just under a cars length in front.

The car beside me wants to go faster drops it down a gear and boots it through the gap between me and the car in front of him. I locked up and nearly spun it and for what???? It appeared he just wanted to be in front as he didnt speed off in the distance

That last one really got me annoyed

But hay other then that im having a good time here lol

Edited by jjskyline79

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all cringe when we visit from Queensland, Northern Territory, New South Wales, South Australia, Aust. Capital Territory, Western Australia or get off the Ferry from Tasmania because...

VICTORIA IS THE HOME OF THE HOOK TURN ! ! !

...and the rest (cited by you) is an evolutionary knock-on effect from that

lol

jk

So whenever outside of Victoria, we see a driver doing hook-turn, we automatically stay 50m away from the sucker

jk

Ummm.... you have certainly failed with respect to this.....

Cool just seems you carnt give an opinion or ask a question with out being called a winging pohm (gotta lose this stupid accent me thinks)

and thats whole other story lol

Edited by jjskyline79

had some woman on sydney rd in coburg this afternoon drop a u-turn from her parking spot in front of me

not only did she not have an indicator the bitch didnt even look, if i wasnt paying attention to her, cause i could see her coming out i wouldve t-boned her

hit the nail on the head!

people think that they are all f**king f1 car drivers - literally people believe that.

its way to easy for people to get their license - and cockheads are everywhere when it comes to the road!

everyone thinks they are better than everyone else, hence why we live in the country where the blame is ALWAYS passed.

we live in the country of stuck up people when it comes to the roads!

I completely agree with you mate. You think Melbourne is bad try driving in Sydney, more cars and even more dickheads, here in Sydney though they all love driving 20kph below the speed limit in the right hand lane. Just for the record I've lived and drove in both places and Sydney is by far the worst place to drive :D

what you will learn is that if you want to drive in melbourne you need to be aggressive, and if you do get cut off make sure you really abuse him/her. also pretend that everyone on the road are insane it really helps you with most spastics.

just today going to work i had a 4 wheel drive change lanes in front of me making me slam my brakes and turn right bouncing up on the median strip and i went crazy at him and took me while to calm down after that lol, i hope that guy gets hit by lightning in the nuts too.

also watch out for taxi drivers they are shit at life and i have the hugest hatred for them ever, the amount of times they have nearly caused me an accident is incredible so be very careful around them and when they do something wrong remember you live in melbourne now so abuse them like crazy :) .

I had a guy u-turn into my lane of traffic in front of me and stop at a GREEN light... I almost rear ended him into the intersection. Bizzare.

Yup this is Victoria, over populated, under engineered and all bastards!

I guess if you don't take pride in driving like most of us do then you're never going to bother to do it well... people just want to get somewhere, they don't care about the people taking up space on the roads.

fk it man just treat it as a free for all and you'll be all set!

i hate the fkrs in the right lane sitting at 100kz or less, i mean if i want to speed im allowed to in the right lane its ettiquette.

flame away.

fk it man just treat it as a free for all and you'll be all set!

i hate the fkrs in the right lane sitting at 100kz or less, i mean if i want to speed im allowed to in the right lane its ettiquette.

flame away.

i agree with you 100%. also what annoys me is that when you want to overtake a slow vehicle and someone is doing the same in front they use the whole overtaking lane and just get past them in the end, you should quickly pass and move over as soon as you can to let other people get past as well.

Best thing i've had is, on my first P's, sitting on the limit, 50, going up the hill to the lights, in a normal residential area. some bitch decides to undertake me... and i ended up getting to the lights just behind her (they were still red). Wearing P plates seems to make people have to prove they're faster than you too.

I had a guy u-turn into my lane of traffic in front of me and stop at a GREEN light... I almost rear ended him into the intersection. Bizzare.

Yup this is Victoria, over populated, under engineered and all bastards!

I guess if you don't take pride in driving like most of us do then you're never going to bother to do it well... people just want to get somewhere, they don't care about the people taking up space on the roads.

Victoria is in no way over populated, it has a few bottle necks especially around new housing estate, but over populated is a huge stretch. Better driving as in driving at the speed limit and keeping left would solve many a problem, a lot of people are fearful of driving at the speed limit with all of the government wipe of 5 campaigns and all of the insane drivers on the road, then the same fearful people drive too slowly end up giving people the shits, people with the shits then do something stupid or illegal to get around said slow coach and it results in accident.