SAU Community

Modified Skyline 0-100 Times

Has anyone tried launching high powered RWD cars in second gear to get better times? 300rwkw - 400rwkw.

Has anyone tried this with a aftermarket ecu launch control and traction control % slip that is available with the more advanced ecu's?

Would like to know if anyone else is playing around with this. and what settings they find to work the best. Using street tyres on the street preferable as thats what I am dealing with ATM, got my car and another one to setup and trying to get my head around and find out as much info as possible before going out and doing live testing.

Guilt-Toy - My Haltech has all those features but i've got no idea how to set them up...? Should probably look into it.

As for the gear based boost - the Haltech has that as well but I need to switch from the Profec B to a Haltech solenoid to get it to work... something I've been thinking about doing but not decided yet...

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone tried launching high powered RWD cars in second gear to get better times? 300rwkw - 400rwkw.

Has anyone tried this with a aftermarket ecu launch control and traction control % slip that is available with the more advanced ecu's?

Would like to know if anyone else is playing around with this. and what settings they find to work the best. Using street tyres on the street preferable as thats what I am dealing with ATM, got my car and another one to setup and trying to get my head around and find out as much info as possible before going out and doing live testing.

Have you done much testing with using the Vipec for traction control with the wheel speed signals?

stock 05 STi vs R4R.... does it really matter? i mean, rethink that equation with 5-10k poured into the R like we all would :)

With a good 300rwkw GTR in a responsive setup, is it much quicker than 4's though? 3's? high 2's similar to R35's (less weight, similar weight ratio etc?)

Would never consider a WRX in such a scenario :D

i have connected the front abs sensor to the vipec and setup % slip.

setup a map to trim ignition trim dependant on the difference of wheel speed from front and rear wheels.

so far i have just set it up to trim 15deg timing when the wheels spin and can feel major difference - wheels still spin but the car just seems to accelerate at the same time.

i still need to tune it and play with it more.

so i am guessing no one has done this before? Get rid of the power fc's and buy a real ecu because this is going to be interesting once i work it out.

what about second gear launch's ? has anyone tried this?

I'm looking into replacing my Microtech with a Vipec/Link and was thinking the other day whether it would be fairly easy to setup the A-LSD pumps to turn on and lock the diff up when TPS hits 100% instead of it just waiting for a wheel speed sensor to sense a loss of traction. Prevention better than cure :D

But yeah your traction control idea seems very interesting, will be watching how you progress with it. Maybe incorporate your idea that with the A-LSD or something.

Edited by PM-R33

Guilt toy this is what I was talking about.

The very same thing that I was told wouldnt work and I should learn to drive my car

Good on you for getting it to work, its a great thing.

You will get the best 0 to 100 with a certain amount of wheel spin, I would use a measuring system , ie g-meter to adjust the slip % to pull the max g

well with 255rwkw it is indeeed possible to get traction, when i had 262 rwkw i could get traction, an i had 255's on the back and suspension done

theres no doubt you can get traction, but how much? i ran that power figure on 14psi and boost was coming on quite early so if i didnt baby it taking off it would spen, once bost kicked in in first, it would also spin, and if i changed to fast from ist to second, once again it would spin.

what i did have to do was gently squeeze the excellerator and let the boost gradually build otherwise "wheelspin", thats only first and 2nd, after that she was sweet, and yes, i would have been in the 4-4.5 sec bracket.

and sure you can drop your tyre pressure for a quick stint here or there, but in reality, most of the time, our cars took babying and frustration to take off quick.

34 GTRs are overpriced IMHO still (unfortunately) - for a good quality one anyway. And yes, they 'used' to be supercars - it's sad to say but the 05+ WRX STis (stock for stock) are quicker than 34 GTRs (a fact that i am LOATHE to admit) - of course some mods and it becomes a different story - but then you begin talking big $$.

A 34 GTR has been my absolute dream car for a long time, and I actually had the chance to drive one a couple weeks ago...! And... to be honest... I was a bit disappointed with it. Felt heavy and laggy unless you really had it up in the rev range, my GTT felt much quicker and more nimble (although of course harder to get off the line...) :thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong, GTRs are great, and my GTT will never be 'as good' or 'as cool' - but for a daily driver that's cost less than a stock GTR it's: cheaper to have bought / built, cheaper to run, more comfortable to sit in, gets less attention from other 'dickheads' (like me hehe) in GTT/GTsT's, gets less attention from cops and i am not scared to leave it parked.

I really do hate to admit it, but i'm glad I chose not to go down the GTR path....

Perhaps later when I have a daily XR6T with the kids in the back there will be a 34 nur (or 35) GTR in the garage, but not now.

Faster then a 34? Where did you get that idea from we are talking 0-100 right? i think the only one that maybe be a touch faster is the 2011 wrx sti. The gtrs are 4.7-5.0 sec 0-100 STOCK. THe wrx stis are like 5.0-5.2 sec stock

I can only manage 5.5 seconds with 250rwkw. Was able to do the same with only 220rwkw.

I have crap rear tyres

What RPM are you launching at? I did a 4.82 0-100 on 235 series snow tires with same HP as you. Sound like you are easing into it or bogging through the low end in first gear.

Well I can get my tyres 0 - 100 in around 2 seconds... Unfortunately the car itself takes a fair bit longer...

Should be able to get it under 2 seconds if you drop 2nd :P

Faster then a 34? Where did you get that idea from we are talking 0-100 right? i think the only one that maybe be a touch faster is the 2011 wrx sti. The gtrs are 4.7-5.0 sec 0-100 STOCK. THe wrx stis are like 5.0-5.2 sec stock

I know the QUOTED figures the GTR is faster 4.9 vs 5.2 i believe? - but saw it on some Jap car comparison video... stock for stock the ugly bug eyed STi was quicker. Remember the GTRs are now 10 years old...

Trust me, i don't WANT to believe it, i'm a GTR fan though and through, but after driving one, and having a bit of a squirt next to one in my GTT (which i left behind fairly easily from a 40kmh roll on in 2nd - good feeling hehe) i'm a bit disappointed in their STOCK performance.

Obviously as stated in the thread we wouldn't be leaving it stock if we owned one, but then it starts to get pricey... It was really just working out for myself whether $25-30k more than what i've spent on my car was worth it I suppose... (which i eventually decided wasn't, and am pretty glad i made that decision - never thought i'd say that to be honest!)

Trust me, i don't WANT to believe it, i'm a GTR fan though and through, but after driving one, and having a bit of a squirt next to one in my GTT (which i left behind fairly easily from a 40kmh roll on in 2nd - good feeling hehe) i'm a bit disappointed in their STOCK performance.

Before or after new turbo?

The thing with a GTR is that if the stock turbos are in good nick, you can get 250rwkw out of em without too much $! But it is a big IF.

Before or after new turbo?

The thing with a GTR is that if the stock turbos are in good nick, you can get 250rwkw out of em without too much $! But it is a big IF.

After. Was pretty happy about it too :D

Yeah i know the potential... but it's also a heavier car...

In case anyone is about to flame me - i'm not for a moment suggesting that a GTT is in any way as good as a GTR - it's just a cost / practicality analysis I had to go through when i was considering selling the GTT and getting one. I was leaning the GTRs way for a long time, and got so close to doing it. But now in hindsight with the 3076r on the GTT for much less outlay and having driven a GTR i'm glad I didn't fork out the cash.

The one thing I WILL miss is the traction...! (although RWD is more fun 90% of the time)

Bit harsh comparing a stock GTR to a GTT with 3076 turbo and all supporting mods. But yeah I get what your saying.

Yes but the GTT as it is owes me less than a good condition stock GTR would - so if you're talking bang for buck then it's not harsh at all, it's very realistic.

Yes but the GTT as it is owes me less than a good condition stock GTR would - so if you're talking bang for buck then it's not harsh at all, it's very realistic.

EDIT: I have no idea what was done to the GTR I went up against, it certainly had a damn loud exhaust and some gauges - otherwise obviously no idea.