SAU Community

Garage Set Ups

boxheadmr

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paint the floor is like the other guys said is the first thing I would do. Easy to sweep up dust and oil spill plus it lights the place up a huge amount. We painted the work floor in some generic paint and 3 years later it hasn't bubbled or scratched though. It had had a fair bit of oil on it to before painting. Also paint the walls white. It refects the light off the walls so you don't get the shadows when working in the engine bay or inside. I have one single car shed with 2 fluros and a double car with 2 fluros. The double has painted walls and is brigher than the single car garage.

I haven't done it yet but have been thinking about getting some free standing secondhand food prep benchs off ebay. Pretty sure the sell for around $150 each. Full stainless steel frame and top. Some come with sinks also.

If your staying there for a while mount a few random power points and plumbed in air line with a few outlets, one on the bench and one near where you work on the car and one near the door. Works great with the coil air lines. Saves having a hose and compressor your alway tripping over. Only would cost prob $150 to do.

If somebody knows where to get cheap pallet racking let me know.

some great discussions but pictures speak a thousand words, love the tyre racks but how have you built your benches. Do you have storage sections and what about backing boards.

2 hours into cleaning, still a shit fight. I just don't have enough storage space. The track car normally lives where i'm standing, street car on the back slab.

On the plus side, when it's clean i have a nice open well lit area for working on stuff.

22052010202.jpg

haha ,nice post.

hre is the workshop i have at the moment with a friend (mooving out in a few months to my own, friends need to convert it back to wood workshop for his buisness. but still will have around 150m2 to do my stuff in the new place, see how that one turns out)

paint i used , was a pretty cheap one, payed about 500$aus for around 350m2 (all peeeeling of right now), couldnt afford the good epoxi stuff back then (and didnt not want to spend that much on a property that was not mine :( )

pics of workshop when it started:

The workshop:

240720091521.jpg

Chassi room:

240720091516.jpg

Paint room:

240720091517.jpg

Engine room:

240720091518.jpg

my engine out :ermm:

240720091519.jpg

my 2 ugglys:

240720091514.jpg

engine in bits:

1010050.jpg

1010051.jpg

Tyre racks:

1010062.jpg

My car in the chassi room:

1010067a.jpg

1010068o.jpg

1010082i.jpg

1010144.jpg

the built this:

1010249a.jpg

1010253i.jpg

1010236o.jpg

some froends coming to visit:

p10600195209245.jpg

p10600385164319.jpg

hope i can make a cleaner and tidier workshop in the next place i go :rant:

keep pics coming dudes, need ideas :(

hahahahah, thanks guys :rofl2:

there is a fridge hehe, but no beers :D (i drank them all heheh)

will post a few pics of new place in a few weeks :P, at least this one has tile floor, so no need to paint hahahah, yuhuuuuuuuu.

pmr-33, yes its under the owneds house, the one keeping the place..........

Who needs a house when your garage/workshop is that big...

you need a house to store all the shit that doesn't belong in the workshop.. Ladders, paints, camping stuff, seasonal stuff... That's all gotta go somewhere, so you need a house

Finally got some of mine. Not that elaborate and certainly not going to get anyone exicted. But it is very functional for everything I use it for. The last pic is of a mobile bench I made up to have a portable access to my main tools.

Future possibles. Behind the brickwall (behind the punch bag) is just shelving and the Hot water unit. I am considering knocking that wall out and putting in more shelving and a tirerack and moving the hot water unit outside to get it out of the shed.

Please provide any thoughts/ suggestions/ critisizims as I really want to make it bigger and better.

shed01.jpg

shed02.jpg

shed03-1.jpg

shed04-1.jpg

Nice one!

Would love a hoist, but I don't have the roof height.

I work on my car while it's parked on my trailer a fair bit. It's good as it makes the car a nice height to work on. I can jack it up on the trailer also.

But nothing beats a hoist.