SAU Community

Does It Feel Like Your R33 Is Outdated?

Hey guys, first post ever, so sorry if i say anything wrong..

Anyway, i live in country victoria where everyone drives commodores and falcons.

My best mate just bought a VZ commodore, wacked super lows in it and put some 19"s on. So it looks pretty sweet.

DONT get me wrong i have always loved skylines, but the other day when i parked it next to his car

it made mine look like absolute crap.. i love Skylines with a passion.. but nobody here in the country

likes them at all, and i always get smart comments from everyone about it..

Should i sell it and just buy a commodore? I am so confused. I used to think it was a sweet car untill i started seeing

all my mates cars that are VYs VYZ VE VX.. and i just feel like it doesnt belong, and all those cars make it look

like crap. So please tell me, is it just me or are skylines too outdate to drive and most importantly spend money on. (External MODS)

Thanks heaps. sorry i dragged on a bit ith my storie

BTW i used to live in melb, which is when i first started liking Skylines.

My skyline is an 1994 R33 nonturbo. Slow AS ANYTHING, Maroon.

Edited by crazyr33

Post a pic so we can see why they think it looks like crap?

here it is, it is not the best looking car in the world

and yes i know the hood is dented, it is getting replced in 2 weeks with a black nismo one.

post-73058-1272634137_thumb.jpg

Edited by crazyr33

IMO, the reason it looks crap next to them is because its so stock standard and todays newer cars try to look like they're modded when they come out of the factory, not to mention you said he did some work to his car.

I think your skyline is fine and why should it matter what they think anyway? the skyline is a true classic that will always be appreciated and well known.

HAHA mate there's nothing wrong with your skyline at all, also i dont see how its SLOW AS ANYTHING, maybe you need to learn to drive it and stop worrying about how its looks up against your mates cars.

Anyway, there two different cars and only you can choose what you like, Just becasue people thinks its shit dosent mean bugger all, your the one driving it, so only you have to like it.

Looks nice man.

Doesnt look like its got Side Skirts. I have noticed that most skylines look better with side skirts.

I am fussy bout looks so i was looking at different skylines before i bought mine and i didnt dig the looks of a skyline without skirts...

But side skirts + New black nismo hood = :(

I also had a non turbo r33 in the same color (have a pic in my profile - garage) and people loved the way it looked...

anyways i think urs looks good and just needs skirts and bonnet.

and maybe dish rims? And lower it more?

It reminds me of mine :(

i can see where the OP is coming from. to me r33's are starting to look dated, and 32's have looked dated for quite a while now (in my opinion). interior wise i still prefer the 33 to a lot of newer cars, but the exterior isn't doing it for me as much as they used to. even a very tidy one with a nice set of wheels still only just takes my fancy, where as newer cars, be it r34's, commodores or falcons with a few tasteful mods will get my attention more. but then i'm not like some people on this forum who are green eyed skyline fans and think that every other car made is a hunk of crap. i appreciate all cars for what they are and what their strengths are. for example if i was buying a car that i had to do a lot of travelling in then i would chose a commodore or falcon over a skyline any day of the week as they are much more comfortable to spend a few hours in at a time in.

I agree with everything you said mad except that its more comfortable in a falcon or commodore, I think skylines are pretty comfortable aslong as the driver knows how to use their clutch :rofl:

They are pretty much the falcons and commodores of Japan aren't they? thats what I keep getting told...

But cost wise and the fact that you dont wanna add too many KM's to a skyline, does make the falcon or commodore a better choice in your scenario, just wanted to say that it is a comfortable car and im told that by my passengers who are used to being in a lot of different cheaper P plate sports cars

i can see where the OP is coming from. to me r33's are starting to look dated, and 32's have looked dated for quite a while now (in my opinion). interior wise i still prefer the 33 to a lot of newer cars, but the exterior isn't doing it for me as much as they used to. even a very tidy one with a nice set of wheels still only just takes my fancy, where as newer cars, be it r34's, commodores or falcons with a few tasteful mods will get my attention more. but then i'm not like some people on this forum who are green eyed skyline fans and think that every other car made is a hunk of crap. i appreciate all cars for what they are and what their strengths are. for example if i was buying a car that i had to do a lot of travelling in then i would chose a commodore or falcon over a skyline any day of the week as they are much more comfortable to spend a few hours in at a time in.

Totally agree on the cross stable appreciation.

As for OP, Dude, there is nothing wrong about your car, looks cool in my opinion, as the other guys have mentioned there are a couple things people do that sort of really bring out the styling of a 33 and personally the right size wheels and super importantly, good offset does wonders !

There is a dude that lives up the street near me,33 like yours, he lowered it, put a good set of wheels on it and they sit flush with the guards and it looks great, not a single commodore has rolled off the production line that looks as good.

stick with your skyline man.... much better than a commonwhore :)

^^AGREED., I'LL DIE BEFORE BUYING A COMMONWHORE, dont worry about other peoples cars and just concentrate on enjoying what you have

the fact that it is non turbo probably doesnt help, because you dont get the "oh well it might not look the greatest but at least its quick" factor

your skyline would look nuts dropped on some 19' chromies too dude :)

It mat handle like crap but then the vz would too... plus your car is ten year older, put your skyline next to a VB commo and which looks better

.Sometimes ,to some people looking pimped more important than power

Edited by Arthur T3

Stick by the skyline....u can always upgrade later on... theres so much room for improvement with a jap car... with a commo it ends the day u buy one lol

my rb20 with a front mount cooler and pod smashed a 5.0 ltr VT ...... imagine what your 33 will be doing if u turbo it ! or buy a gtst..!