SAU Community

Does It Feel Like Your R33 Is Outdated?

i bet they aren't noticing your car out of interest for it though.

LOL im not saying they want it, im just saying it stands out and people do come up to me and ask about it......My retired doctor friend next door didnt belive me when i told him i got it for 16 grand.....

I dont have a Cannon, its bone stock.

ahh, that's probably what gets the most attention on my r34 gtt lol, the police in the back of the van playing cat&mouse overtaking with me this afternoon on a highway couldn't take their eyes off it haha

^^AGREED., I'LL DIE BEFORE BUYING A COMMONWHORE, dont worry about other peoples cars and just concentrate on enjoying what you have

+1 Stick to the Skyline you just need to give it some nice cosmetic updates (CF hood, side squirts etc...) Commonwhores are horrible i cant stand them new or old. I would take a skyline over them any day of the week.

Hey guys, first post ever, so sorry if i say anything wrong..

Anyway, i live in country victoria where everyone drives commodores and falcons.

My best mate just bought a VZ commodore, wacked super lows in it and put some 19"s on. So it looks pretty sweet.

DONT get me wrong i have always loved skylines, but the other day when i parked it next to his car

it made mine look like absolute crap.. i love Skylines with a passion.. but nobody here in the country

likes them at all, and i always get smart comments from everyone about it..

Should i sell it and just buy a commodore? I am so confused. I used to think it was a sweet car untill i started seeing

all my mates cars that are VYs VYZ VE VX.. and i just feel like it doesnt belong, and all those cars make it look

like crap. So please tell me, is it just me or are skylines too outdate to drive and most importantly spend money on. (External MODS)

Thanks heaps. sorry i dragged on a bit ith my storie

BTW i used to live in melb, which is when i first started liking Skylines.

My skyline is an 1994 R33 nonturbo. Slow AS ANYTHING, Maroon.

how old are you?

off your Ps?

getting some dosh in or not?

if you answered these questions with

no

no

then theres nothing you can do, suck it up, people want everything for nothing these days "i want a faster car than everyone elses, and i want it to look better than everyone elses, but i dont want to pay for it nor can i even legally drive it". theres nothing you can do, stick with what your allowed to drive and what you can afford, otherwise buy a pushbike, i guarentee no commondore/failcon drivers will stop next to you while your cycling along and compare their ride with yours, if they do, its understandable, they own a commodore/falcon after all...

if you answered those questions with

21+

yes

yes

then get a GTST, wack a subtle body kit on it (nothing major otherwise youll get even MORE shit from the country bogans) get a zorst up the boost a little bit and bobs your aunty you have a competitive car that looks the goods.

/thread

• 3 weeks later...

the old unlock a car by bending the window frame (or window, since skylines are frameless) is pretty common. but the build quality in general of skylines is far and above ford and holden. they still look sexy.

a nonturbo will be a dog though. you've got a sedan with a boring 2.5L engine in it - like a BMW 325i. commodores have a 5.7L motor so of course they're going to smoke you off the line. doubly so if they're an auto - autos are just untouchable in a 0-60 dash. boost, on the other hand, is a wonderful thing.

Skylines are like Nikes. Falcodores are like ugg boots.

which translate to "a large portion of skylines are owned by posers who only care about brands and never use them for what they are capable of and just bought them to match their sideways hat when they try to impress 14 year old girls, and falcodores mine not have the sex appeal but they serve their purpose well and are bloody comfy"

yeah i'd agree with that. a large portion of the people i know with skylines bought them because they are fully hektic uleh kebab spec wannabe drifter cars. basically they are now basically an imported commodore, LOL.

which translate to "a large portion of skylines are owned by posers who only care about brands and never use them for what they are capable of and just bought them to match their sideways hat when they try to impress 14 year old girls, and falcodores mine not have the sex appeal but they serve their purpose well and are bloody comfy"

yeah i'd agree with that. a large portion of the people i know with skylines bought them because they are fully hektic uleh kebab spec wannabe drifter cars. basically they are now basically an imported commodore, LOL.

I should have said Running shoes or something instead lol but yeah, Commodores are alright. I own a 300zx and a VT Commodore. Sis owns the line. Sometimes I dont want to get out of the VT when its all cold outside and ive got the heater on. Exuast is stock so its silent as anything and its like im driving a cloud. Not sure where I was going with this post lol but I dont think I could ever sell the VT. Same with my Z, I dont think I could ever sell it.

yeah i've owned a few big aussie 6's and a 33, 180sx and a SSS pulsar (natro sr20). for day to day driving the aussie 6's shit all over the jap stuff. comfier seats, more leg room, better driving position (thanks to reach adjustable steering), and buttloads more acceleration in 1500 to 3000rpm range, even at light throttle, where you spend most of time in day to day driving. they are just so effortless to drive. i'm actually thinking my next car will be a vx commodore.

If you were in Nz, i'd say get a f**kin Holden haha, not so common here for young people.

However we're infested with Skylines(mainly RB20E power, with drivers wearing hat backwards and pants around knees).

If you were in Nz, i'd say get a f**kin Holden haha, not so common here for young people.

However we're infested with Skylines(mainly RB20E power, with drivers wearing hat backwards and pants around knees).

:(

i have a vz commy and the r33 and i love them both . while the r33 doesent get used very much i enjoy driving it . if we are going thru the hills to murry bridge speedway we take the skyline every time it's just a fun car thru the hills .

on the other hand a trip too visit friends interstate the commy is the car of choice both cars have there benifets but i would not say one is better than the other.

i dont think i could get rid of either of them its the best of both worlds for us .

cheers midlife crisis

i know what u mean im in the same boat trust me... but its always ganna happen that you'd think about selling it. but its all up to u i thought about selling me car just due to the amount of bad attention i get but if you want something else get it. ur car looks mean as so....... remember someone is always ganna have something nicer dont matter what u got..

Edited by bikerboy14

I see this car at the recent DECA and even though it only had subtle cosmetic modifications it looked amazing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/anna_schulze/...57623661940384/

make your car look like that :dry: [/thread] . as has been said , there is no comparison between the two , both serve different purposes , horses for courses :D the same can be said for ride comparison , although imo falcons soak up the highway driving waaaay better than commo and yes i have driven every single model year etc of each.