SAU Community

Pretty Cool Rb26 Conversion

FANGA%20FORMULA%20D.jpg

battles.preview.jpg

formula%20d.............jpg

Holden-Commodore-VY-NZPC-146-04-112x75.jpg

http://www.performancecar.co.nz/news-5900/...-vy-nzpc-146-04

2004 Holden Commodore (VY)

Engine: Nissan RB26DET 2.6-litre DOHC 24V, factory internals, factory cylinder head, Master Power T-60 turbocharger, Trust air filter, 4-inch silicone intake hose, 600×300x80mm intercooler with custom GT-R end tanks, GReddy Type R blow-off valve, Tial 44mm wastegate, Bosch Motorsport 044 fuel pump, custom surge tank, NGK Iridium spark plugs, custom steam-tube headers, custom 3-inch downpipe, 3.5-inch exhaust, Trust mufflers, 50mm custom alloy radiator, twin electric fans, 32-row oil cooler, Link G4 Xtreme engine management system, custom wiring, custom oil catch can, remote oil filter

Driveline: R33 GT-R gearbox modified to rear-wheel drive, Xtreme Drift Clutch triple-plate carbon clutch, 3.9:1 HSV differential, Harrop rear housing, modified driveshaft

Suspension/Brakes: Modified Tein Super Street suspension, Tein springs, Whiteline swaybars and links, Nolathane bushes, factory brakes, uprated pads

Wheels/Tyres: 18×9.5-inch TSW Beyern 5 wheels, 265/35R18 Dunlop Direzza DZ101 tyres

Exterior: VZ Clubsport R8 bodykit, full black respray, custom Brown Brothas graphics/custom Mad Mike/CRE8GRAFX graphics, Ganador-style mirrors

Interior: Buddy Club P1 Limited Edition bucket seats, Willans harnesses, Momo Drift deep-dish steering wheel, Momo GT-R gear knob, Tein EDFC controller, D2 hydraulic handbrake, custom 8-point rollcage, DisplayLink dash

Performance: Dyno Power – 350kW @ wheels (15psi boost)

holdens 4wd system in the adventra wasnt the best i dont think.....

It does seem a bit strange they would do that, but I guess the RB probably delivers the power smoother rather then all in on burst... Must be better for drifting if theyve spent the money to do it?

I doubt it. Wouldn't a drifter be after the most torque possible? a turboed LS1 would produce some epic torque for 2k rpm rather than 5k+ like the 26. Probably did it just to show it can be done...

yeh im not sure, they use monaros in drift with v8s still in them. The only logical reason i thought would be for the extra revs and perhaps the RB being a bit lighter? i dunno

Perhaps its easier to control higher revs then to control all that torque lower down. Havent drifted V8s so no idea on the downfalls of it

It wouldve only been done because all the "sick" drift cars in japan run them, rather than from any engineering point of view.

The RB is heavier, sits further infront of the axle line etc etc

its just cool to be different. whether you like 'shittadores' or not, seing one on lock, rb26 screaming at 9000rpm, gate wide open, is wwaaayyyyy cooler than another s13. even a turbo v8 wouldnt have the same appeal if you were a spectator and saw it out on the track...

for me, it would still be cool if it were a v8, but if i heard that thing in the flesh i'd probly be running to the pits to get a closer look

Edited by VB-

its just cool to be different. whether you like 'shittadores' or not, seing one on lock, rb26 screaming at 9000rpm, gate wide open, is wwaaayyyyy cooler than another s13. even a turbo v8 wouldnt have the same appeal if you were a spectator and saw it out on the track...

for me, it would still be cool if it were a v8, but if i heard that thing in the flesh i'd probly be running to the pits to get a closer look

bingo.

I was going to be at that event, but got shipped out from Singapore a few weeks ago. I will enjoy working in Singapore more when they open their motorsport complex next year. Drift is popular, and pretty cool that some Aussie influence is present in their drift scene!

thats fanga dan from nz. he has been drifting a rb26 power commo for a while now. kills it too. he wanted to use the v8 but had a 26 or somthing along those lines and could not get enough sponsership at the time to do the v8 thing. combo seems to work very well.

yeah it's a commodore but who cares, it's not something I've ever seen before and that's what makes it cool, it's never been done before.

Nice find Trent :(

why would you not bother. the car is very capable. at the top of singapore and NZ. u hatin cause its a commo? at least its fresh in terms of a good drift car.

i wonder if anyone has taken the adventra running gear and put it in a commodore shell, turbo/supercharged 4wd V8 power

yep theres a guy on the commodore forum thats doin it. just for the record holden made a ltd edition monaro with the awd. its called a coupe4. the dude from HPF put a big ass turbo on a coupe4. i cant remember how it went.

All I can think is. Why would you bother? Some people honestly just have too much money.

i would be proud to have that parked in my driveway, i reckon the stance, the graphics even the rear wing look agressive yet sleek... regardless of engine type.